We're Going to the FINAL FOUR!!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We're Going to the FINAL FOUR!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What a game! My wife and I were wrung out by that one, especially the first half. And what joy at the end! How about that amazing play by Kelly Farris at the end of the first half!! If the game had been on CPTV, it would have been "The Play that Won the Game." :)
What was that - a 90+ yard TD?

Reaction Score
CONGRATS UCONN!!!!! I'm thinking 9 straight Final Fours!?

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I really didn't think this was going to happen. So GREAT!!! The first half turned around in a blink with that touchdown pass, and things were going to be differerent, you knew it. And they were. Coach explained: stop letting them get to the stripe. And it was ovah.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
A team without a single first team All-American. A team with only one senior. A team that lost half its fanbase to heart failure during tonight's game . . .

UConn is in the FINAL FOUR!!!!!!

Amen. Congratulations Huskies! You have again proved the Heart of Huskies is a thing of beauty anad strength!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If I'm Notre Dame, I'm looking back over my shoulder and don't look what I see.
Who's tougher now?

Reaction Score
UConn has exceeded any and all my expectations this season. No matter what happens this weekend, it will be impossible for me to be disappointed. Right now, they are playing with house money.

That's where I'm at too. While I may have occasionally hoped that this team would make it to Denver, it certainly was never an expectation. E8 was all I dared to look for out of this "post-Maya rebuilding year". Just a whole lot of real heart shown by these non-All-Americans, first and foremost by our lone senior.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
In some ways I think this year might have been a little easier on them...post Maya, the expectations were lower and there wasn't a target on their back all eyar like last year with the Streak, etc.

I mean, low expectations for UConn are still much, much higher than anywhere else, but they look energized going into the FF this year, whereas last year they seemed much more tired.

Reaction Score
You know everyone from the media to the zebras will be all Knute Rockne playing the glockenspiel for that semi.

Reaction Score
I remember after one of the games at Gampel, Geno was giving away JetBlue tickets. The girl who won said she was going to use he tickets to go to Denver. Geno said "I hope we're there too." Mission accomplished!

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
What a game! My wife and I were wrung out by that one, especially the first half. And what joy at the end! How about that amazing play by Kelly Farris at the end of the first half!! If the game had been on CPTV, it would have been "The Play that Won the Game." :)

This has been bothering me. Just for the record I believe the CPTV announcement at the end of each game is actually "The Play that Secured the Win."

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This has been bothering me. Just for the record I believe the CPTV announcement at the end of each game is actually "The Play that Secured the Win."
It is indeed because it is a play on the concept of insurance as security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom