We're clean.....right? | The Boneyard

We're clean.....right?

Reaction Score
This story hasn't fully unraveled and more will be implicated, but we know that the FBI investigations started in 2015.

To be clear - I am in no way saying or implying that anything was done by the staff or players. If we were to blindly assess our exposure, the only recruits that were ranked high enough to barely hit the threshold would be AG and MAL, correct?

Given all of the celebration of Louisville's demise, it may worthwhile to wait a bit as 99%+ of the Yarders don't have the insight into how clean our house is. With the belief that this was a pervasive problem in the sport it would be great to have some sense of relief that we will not be in the mix. I would be crushed if this had an impact on our team.

From the outside it seems like we've been on the wrong side of a couple of recruits making curious choices on schools with much less pedigree. I never thought that would be a positive sign for anything, but it may have been....

I'd love to hear from someone who knows more than I do how to assess the situation.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
This story hasn't fully unraveled and more will be implicated, but we know that the FBI investigations started in 2015.

To be clear - I am in no way saying or implying that anything was done by the staff or players. If we were to blindly assess our exposure, the only recruits that were ranked high enough to barely hit the threshold would be AG and MAL, correct?

Given all of the celebration of Louisville's demise, it may worthwhile to wait a bit as 99%+ of the Yarders don't have the insight into how clean our house is. With the belief that this was a pervasive problem in the sport it would be great to have some sense of relief that we will not be in the mix. I would be crushed if this had an impact on our team.

From the outside it seems like we've been on the wrong side of a couple of recruits making curious choices on schools with much less pedigree. I never thought that would be a positive sign for anything, but it may have been....

I'd love to hear from someone who knows more than I do how to assess the situation.
No way they landed Whaley and kwintin without help

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Chill and fultz is our best bet, but obviously that's not on us.

The contrast between Chill identifying and establishing a relationship with Fultz when he was like a HS sophomore and Pitino having Bowen miraculously fall into his lap couldn't be any starker.

That said, anybody with a history at a sneaker company is going to be scrutinized.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I have to believe we're in good shape right now. There will be secondary and tertiary stuff that comes to light but I have to believe that the FBI led with their most ironclad charges.

Reaction Score
There's always a sliver of doubt. I hope Benedict is reminding his staff about doing things the right way.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Nike EYBL reps being subpoenaed. Chillious was there for a while right?

Reaction Score
Nike EYBL reps being subpoenaed. Chillious was there for a while right?

"Chillious served as Nike’s business manager for their Elite Youth Basketball line in Beaverton, Ore., for a year before he was hired at Washington."

Reaction Score
Can't help but remember that we had a one and done lottery pick who reclassified a week before the semester only to walk-on and "pay his own way."

Optimistic me just thinks maybe that was an extraordinary circumstance. But it looks no different or even worse than some of the things the FBI has brought to light so far.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Can't help but remember that we had a one and done lottery pick who reclassified a week before the semester only to walk-on and "pay his own way."

Optimistic me just thinks maybe that was an extraordinary circumstance. But it looks no different or even worse than some of the things the FBI has brought to light so far.

He was a local kid who'd been to Storrs probably 50 times. That looks a lot different to me. It would have been hinky if he pulled that with any other school. We were always the leader.

Reaction Score
Its obvious that Chillious knows how this works.

I think there is a strong likelihood that he has "played the game" in the past.

We just have to hope nothing transpired here.

Reaction Score
He was a local kid who'd been to Storrs probably 50 times. That looks a lot different to me. It would have been hinky if he pulled that with any other school. We were always the leader.
Sure, I agree.

Who paid for his college? I remember Kyle Muncy remarked about a loan once, independent of UConn, but other than that never saw anything.

Reaction Score
I'm looking back at Washington's recruiting history during Chill's tenure and none of the recruits they got really raise any flags. Also, how far back are they going to look into this? The FBI investigation started in 2015.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Sure, I agree.

Who paid for his college? I remember Kyle Muncy remarked about a loan once, independent of UConn, but other than that never saw anything.

Here's a good article about it.

When the possibility of Bradley keeping his scholarship and Drummond playing as a walk-on was explored, Drummond and his family readily agreed.

"I'm thankful for what Mike was trying to do for me," Drummond told the New London Day this week. "I told Mike, 'Don't do that, man. I'll pay my way and take a scholarship next year. You don't have to give up a scholarship for me.'"

One year of tuition at UConn for an in-state resident — Drummond is from Middletown — is roughly $21,000, and it is not known how the Drummonds are paying it, but under the rules they are getting no aid from UConn. Drummond, who is considered a top NBA prospect, has insurance in case of injury, and presumably a bank loan could easily be secured, given his huge potential income. He could be in the NBA as early as next year.

Seems like Dre's family thought it was worth the risk, especially considering the fact he was already insured.

I know today's a tough day to not be a cynic, but it seems like the Drummonds felt bad about screwing over Bradley.

Drummond's Scholarship Status: Andre Drummond didn't have to take Michael Bradley's scholarship after all.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If

if you're talking about Drummond, from what I recall, he was given a scholarship and Michael Bradley was sent to apply for financial aid.

Read the article I just posted.

Reaction Score
If

if you're talking about Drummond, from what I recall, he was given a scholarship and Michael Bradley was sent to apply for financial aid.
"Drummond and Michael Bradley started the semester with neither paying for tuition as it was being determined which one would be on scholarship and which would be the walk-on. Initially, Bradley was willing to give up his scholarship but apparently it wasn't deemed to be possible."
UConn freshman Drummond to play as walk-on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom