We're # 1!!!! | The Boneyard

We're # 1!!!!

Reaction Score
Stanford falls to Texas!
This was not a surprise... I said this after the Tenn game, comparable size and athleticism is a problem for Stanford all day long. Yes they are going but so are most of the top teams. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Yes! Now everything is back to normal in the Women’s Basketball world! We are the true number one and I don’t care what anyone says about. We have things that we need to work on oblivious, but so do other teams. We have the talent, the coaching, and winning is in our DNA.

Reaction Score
This was not a surprise... I said this after the Tenn game, comparable size and athleticism is a problem for Stanford all day long. Yes they are going but so are most of the top teams. Go Huskies!
I think Oregon will move up to #1 at least in the AP poll. The coaches poll gives more deference to the undefeated teams so I think a good chance UConn ends up #1.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I would not mind if the voters vote Oregon St or Oregon for #1. :rolleyes: As the @WiseOne noted, UConn still to play later today.

Agreed. It’s too early to be number 1. I’d rather be #1 in late February. We don’t need that target on our back right now. All things in time. Honestly, I don’t care who they vote #1, as long as it’s not us. Let’s take care of business today, and go into the Christmas break 10-0. Then return to the wars relaxed, refreshed ready to pick up where we left off, being bad for wcbb. :cool:

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If we lose to Oklahoma I will climb the oil derrick on the Oklahoma State Shack lawn!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Stanford falls to Texas!

Having lost to an unranked team, how far will Stanford fall? Out of the top 10?

Reaction Score
We should stay at #1 for a few weeks at least before playing the real competition. Its good for the UConn program to have more #1 weeks to its name, but it doesnt really matter come March.

Reaction Score
Having lost to an unranked team, how far will Stanford fall? Out of the top 10?
I’d guess to #4? Looks that auCon would go to number 1. I’d put OR state at 2, but I’m guessing OR will be 2 and OSU will be 3. Stanford at 4 or 5, with potentially SC at 4? OR and Stanford don’t have statistically separate resumes at this point, but OR has 3 big name players which Stanford and OSU don’t to the same level. I could be totally wrong, just a guess.

Reaction Score
The UConn squads that have been #1 since Stewie, Mo, and Tuck left dont know how to handle the pressure of being #1. I like them better as the underdog.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom