went to gampel | The Boneyard

went to gampel

Status
Not open for further replies.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
But since it was a closed practice, as I was thrown out for, I dunno whether or not I should post about stuff

Reaction Score
But since it was a closed practice, as I was thrown out for, I dunno whether or not I should post about stuff

Is it going to compromise our season to know that AD is beasting on everyone and JLamb has a sweet floater?

I don't think so lol

Reaction Score
If you talk about what you saw- without giving away any secret plans to dominate there is nothing wrong with that. I post things all the time that come from the staff- you just have to make sure you edit your content to some degree.

Reaction Score
If official practice is yet weeks away, why was it 'closed'???

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
well I figured the public is not supposed to see closed practices.

I was there for about an hour from 1-2 and then I got kicked out.

The whole team came out and did screening drills for about 25 minutes, fast-break offense for about 10, then started scrimmaging half-court. KO was running things with Blaney supervising on the floor. JC was sitting in the stands.

AD didn't practice. He showed up like 20 minutes after the team did and basically just sat by JC the whole time.

DD was looking as impressive as ever, playing strong defense against Scoe in the scrimmage and hitting a three over Scoe's hand. Everyone was shooting very impressively inside 17 feet, including AO. RB looked like he was having some trouble with communication in drills and in the scrimmage as point guard. He has a great jump shot though. Some poor passing being done in scrimmage, especially the decision-making. RS had some great rebounds and made DD look silly with his shot-fake.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Hope AD's knee is not bugging him again.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the report. You're fine with what you posted. Things you don't want to include, which you didn't are injuries, altercations and such.

I've been wanting to stop by myself, but am afraid of what happened to you happening to me. In the past, I usually had enough of a relationship with one of the coaches that they didn't throw me out when they would clear the building. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case for me. There are a few reasons why they clear the building. Sometimes they'll do that if there is an important recruit visiting and scrimmaging with the team. They often clear the building when the staff is conducting the allowed but limited preseason instruction sessions, which sounds like what you witnessed in part. I'm surprised they kicked you out midway. I have no idea why they would do that part way through.

Do you happen to know what days/times they will be scrimmaging this week? I've been trying to find out. I don't mind swinging by and finding out that I missed it or can't get into Guyer (sp?) Gym, but Hooper often joins me and he's not about to travel all the way from Greater Boston to just eat ice cream and visit the coop. :)

It's interesting that AD didn't participate. I wonder if since it was an coaches led session, they needed to sit him out till they clear up some eligibility issue. Maybe it stems from the silly web thing which they need to get some official document so that he can proceed. Maybe he's injured...note I'm not fishing for answers. Such answers, particularly injuries should not be posted here. Just throwing out (speculating) some possible reasons why he wasn't participating.

Reaction Score
ummmm......what you watched was not a practice. Having a practice would be a NCAA rules violation.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Well this is 3/3 going in on Monday around 1. Difference between this and the other times is that those were open practices, I guess. Along with other people who have posted here, I have found it to be pretty random as to exactly when/where. I guess I've just been lucky on Mondays. I walked up to Gampel and saw the clocks on the baskets were on so I figured some kind of practice was going on. Waited a few minutes and saw Stephanie Dolson walk across the court and worried it was a women's practice, then saw the waterbottles for the players come out and I could tell one of them said "Drummond" on it.

I wouldn't be afraid of anything; some guy who looked like a waterboy/rebounder for the team during drills just walked up to me and said the practice was closed, no biggie.I dunno why they waited either. Maybe they only consider the scrimmage and onward the closed part?

AD was dressed in practice attire: basketball shorts, sleeveless loose-fitting Under Armour-looking shirt, etc. Nobody looked like they were playing hurt in any way. Once I realized AD wasn't going to practice much, I stopped paying attention but from what I remember he was not limping or wearing any kind of brace.

Reaction Score
ummmm......what you watched was not a practice. Having a practice would be a NCAA rules violation.
Wrong. As long as school is in session in the fall semester they can have one 2 hour practice with the whole team together.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Went in today around 1:25 and sure enough there they were. I assume they had been there for about 15 minutes by then. Kemba was there shooting with them. Oriakhi was taking his 16-17 foot jump shots and they were all going down. Only saw a few minutes because I was passing through since I figured I was going to get kicked out once the real practice started anyway.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Not sure. I was there for only a couple minutes as I was passing through, but DD was there shooting as well as ever. Olander was shooting with AO, Enosch was there, JL was there. That's all I remember.

Reaction Score
Drummond seemed to post on his twitter yesterday that he has some form of tendonitis.

Reaction Score
I was there today too, from about 1-2. Same thing, was asked to leave because it was a closed practice.

When I first got there, it was only Kemba shooting around the gym, with a couple of the women's players on the other end of the court. Other players started coming out of the tunnel one by one, and by about 1:15, they were all out there. Same setup as babysheep had mentioned. JC in the stands and Blaney running some drills.

Oriakhi, Drummond, Olander and Wolf went to one side of the court and worked on their low post game. Even though it was practice, Drummond looked like he was putting effort in and not just going through the motions. He didn't look like he was hurt to me. But the kid is a monster. There was no hesitation on his part to dunk the ball every chance he got, which was pretty much every time he got his hands on the ball. I loved seeing that as soon as he got his hands on the ball, he went up immediately and slammed the ball. The past few years, in my opinion, it seems that when our bigs get the ball in the low post and they are open, they sort of wind up before dunking the ball. Not Drummond, from what I can tell.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
nice^ thats one of my biggest thing this year with this team. we need to become agressive around the rim. ao rarely goes up for the dunk in traffic, he like to use a baby hook of sorts. to shots instead of looking for contact/dunking. lamb/scoe always seemed to lay up up unless they were wide open. i want to see these guys finish with attitude this year. ad sounds like he isn't shying away from that.

Reaction Score
this stuff is like gold ...I cant wait till first tip!! anyway , you never need an invitation to be thrown out so keep going.. people appreciate the updates

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I was there today too, from about 1-2. Same thing, was asked to leave because it was a closed practice.

When I first got there, it was only Kemba shooting around the gym, with a couple of the women's players on the other end of the court. Other players started coming out of the tunnel one by one, and by about 1:15, they were all out there. Same setup as babysheep had mentioned. JC in the stands and Blaney running some drills.

Oriakhi, Drummond, Olander and Wolf went to one side of the court and worked on their low post game. Even though it was practice, Drummond looked like he was putting effort in and not just going through the motions. He didn't look like he was hurt to me. But the kid is a monster. There was no hesitation on his part to dunk the ball every chance he got, which was pretty much every time he got his hands on the ball. I loved seeing that as soon as he got his hands on the ball, he went up immediately and slammed the ball. The past few years, in my opinion, it seems that when our bigs get the ball in the low post and they are open, they sort of wind up before dunking the ball. Not Drummond, from what I can tell.

I walked through today and was wearing a blue hoodie with a white shirt and black shorts. I asked a couple people if they knew if the practice was closed for today. It was around 1:25 Did you see me?

C

Chief00

As much as I like our Bigs dunkin, Andre needs to economize on his knees a little long term. But he probably won't - I know I did not at his age.

Reaction Score
I walked through today and was wearing a blue hoodie with a white shirt and black shorts. I asked a couple people if they knew if the practice was closed for today. It was around 1:25 Did you see me?

Yeah I think so. I was sitting in the seats across from those kids wearing the navy blue jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom