Went to game last night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Went to game last night

Reaction Score
Iowa had 100% corn-fed beef which plugged driving lanes.
Corn fed beef tastes horrible. That’s why here in Europe I spend the extra bucks for Irish grass fed angus. Not that this has anything to do with BB, but just had to mention it.

Reaction Score
Corn fed beef tastes horrible. That’s why here in Europe I spend the extra bucks for Irish grass fed angus. Not that this has anything to do with BB, but just had to mention it.

Not sure if you’ve been here in recent years, but grass fed is common here now too. Much better in every way. Especially amazing to me is how little grass fed beef is needed to satisfy my craving for steak. It must be the nutrients and good fats signaling my brain that I’m all set.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you’ve been here in recent years, but grass fed is common here now too. Much better in every way. Especially amazing to me is how little grass fed beef is needed to satisfy my craving for steak. It must be the nutrients and good fats signaling my brain that I’m all set.
What the animals eat is the major factor in how they taste. They have turkey here. I don’t know what they feed them, but it tastes nothing like the turkey in America.

Reaction Score
I didn't go to the game. In fact, I didn't watch the game live. I haven't watched UConn in real-time in years. My heart, at age 80, simply can't take it. I record the game and watch it in intervals as it goes along. I always know what the score will be at the end of the interval I'm watching. I watch only if UConn has remained ahead or close.

So I didn't watch the Iowa game at all until Sunday afternoon, when I decided, "What the heck." I watched the first ten minutes. I expected the worst, but what I saw was entirely encouraging. The guys hustled, took good shots, played an aggressive defense. What was clear was that our guards were never going to draw a foul on penetration, and Iowa was never going to make a move toward the basket without drawing a foul. You could see the awareness of that making our defense tentative and transforming our offense into an ineffective outside weave. Wish I had a dollar for every time our guards faked a penetration move and decided, "Better not."

After ten minutes, I'd seen enough. My conclusion -- I don't believe the guys were "fatigued" and I don't believe (as I did previously) that they were in a delusionary euphoria after the Syracuse win. I especially don't believe we were "outsized." I believe we were whistled out of our game from the start, the contest becoming a function of the officiating, period, end of story. The Iowa team walked into the Garden and committed murder. Father Brown will have to tell us why the zebra never barked.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was at the game. They probably looked faster because they had more fastbreak opportunities off of our misses. Also, got a spicy chicken sandwich gave me instant horrible heartburn, never had anything like that happen in my life. Wanted to go back to the concession and warn them whatever they're putting in that thing is military grade.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What the animals eat is the major factor in how they taste. They have turkey here. I don’t know what they feed them, but it tastes nothing like the turkey in America.
Better or worse?

Reaction Score
I was there.

They were faster.
I promise you Iowa isn't faster than our team, again you are cnfusing a good defensive game plan and them outplaying us with them being faster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom