Well This Is Interesting — Bianca Cuevas-Moore will... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Well This Is Interesting — Bianca Cuevas-Moore will...

Reaction Score
I know some of you SC fans are saying she would’ve never made the lineup that it was too crowded, but you never know how the season will play out. Injuries have been decimating teams the last few years so much, them four guards you say is in front of Cuevas-Moore can turn into one real quick.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So by my count that's three high-profile transfers who will be in a Mountaineer uniform next year: Cueavs-Moore (South Carolina), Boykin (Penn State), and Kysre Gondrezick (Michigan).

Reaction Score
So by my count that's three high-profile transfers who will be in a Mountaineer uniform next year: Cueavs-Moore (South Carolina), Boykin (Penn State), and Kysre Gondrezick (Michigan).

Also Ekehlar from Ohio St and Naomi Davenport who I think started at Michigan then did JUCO.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If she's a grad transfer she plays immediately...doesn't have to sit out for a year or apply for a waiver.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
All of these things are true but the show must go on. Bianca Jackson as a freshman shot 40% from long range while averaging 8 ppg while BCM best scoring season was 8ppg. While her defensive effort and shooting will be missed I don't think SC will suffer for it. Henderson is a better defender with just as much speed and both Dawn and Jolette Law stated at numerous chalk talks that Te'a Cooper is the best perimeter defender and will be a big time scorer. Not to mention Harris as a soph averaged 12 ppg and 6.5 apg. I love BCM not only as a player but as a fellow New Yorker and I wish her nothing but the best because she certainly was a fan favorite.

Cuevas-Moore is definitely not the PG Harris is, but I think this is a substantial loss since she was a steady defender and you knew what you'd get from her. I think it's a lot to expect Henderson and Cooper to be upgrades from BCM, especially on the defensive end. Best of luck to Bianca. I'd love to see West Virginia make some waves next year....I just hope Mike Carey schedules better OOC opponents.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A lot to unbundle here.

With Harris in the lineup, BCM moved to the 2-guard, where she was more effective imo.

After BCM & Spann we’re injured, SC struggled all season long to knock down shots from the perimeter. BCM would have been the Gamecocks best shooter next year had she stayed.

Maybe BCM just wanted a change, or maybe the writing is on the wall with Harris, Cooper, Jackson and incoming freshman Henderson all vying for PT at the guard spots next season.

Reaction Score
A lot to unbundle here.

With Harris in the lineup, BCM moved to the 2-guard, where she was more effective imo.

After BCM & Spann we’re injured, SC struggled all season long to knock down shots from the perimeter. BCM would have been the Gamecocks best shooter next year had she stayed.

Maybe BCM just wanted a change, or maybe the writing is on the wall with Harris, Cooper, Jackson and incoming freshman Henderson all vying for PT at the guard spots next season.

I think she has dreams of playing pro ball and point guard is probably her best option because of her size. Last year would have been her best year to shine because SC only had one true point guard and she would have definitely been the starting two guard in my opinion. Now that Jackson has become entrenched in the two guard spot with Cooper also vying for minutes at both spots she would have played but it would have been hard for her to shine.

Reaction Score
I know some of you SC fans are saying she would’ve never made the lineup that it was too crowded, but you never know how the season will play out. Injuries have been decimating teams the last few years so much, them four guards you say is in front of Cuevas-Moore can turn into one real quick.

I think Bianca would have played a lot between the point and the two guard spot. She was one of the best on ball defenders and best shooters on the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom