Well This Is Interesting — Bianca Cuevas-Moore will... | The Boneyard

Well This Is Interesting — Bianca Cuevas-Moore will...

Reaction Score
not be returning to South Carolina.

It is interesting. If only I were worried about South Carolina. But West Virginia seems to be making an attempt to be competitive. And that is a good thing.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Yep, appears to be very much legit. Milford had the same thought as mine. This is awfully interesting. Key note from the article: "Cuevas-Moore is projected to complete her degree at USC this spring and is expected to be immediately eligible as a graduate transfer." (emphasis mine)

Reaction Score
I would say either she thinks SC does not have great prospects next year, or that the team moved on this past year when she was injured. Harris, Cliney, and Jackson all averaged 30 mins and they add Cooper. Crowded backcourt.

WV returns 2 starters, gets Tynice back from injury, adds transfer Gondrezick. Those are not bad pieces.

Reaction Score
I would say either she thinks SC does not have great prospects next year, or that the team moved on this past year when she was injured. Harris, Cliney, and Jackson all averaged 30 mins and they add Cooper. Crowded backcourt.

WV returns 2 starters, gets Tynice back from injury, adds transfer Gondrezick. Those are not bad pieces.

Plus former Husky Boykin who just transferred from Penn State

Reaction Score
Interestingly though, WV has 10 undergrads on roster (1 other has transferred + 1 other has disappeared from roster) + 4 recruits coming in + Boykin & Cuevas.

I wonder if someone else is transferring or 1 of the frosh aint coming.

Reaction Score
Dawn is saying, "One less out of control headache". Her arms were getting tired from being thrown over her head in response to Cuevas-Moore.

Cuevas-Moore is a gifted shooter and passer. Maybe her hoop-gurlz swagger suffered under Dawn's post-centered offense and the the one and done transfers.

Reaction Score
Lol did this really deserve its own thread? I'm certainly not shocked nor surprised that BCM has moved on. She essentially lost her starting role halfway through the 2017 season to Harris. Then got injured to start the following season. Next year she would be competing for playing time agaisnt Harris who solidified herself as starting PG for years to come, #1 pg for 2018 Des Henderson, Athletic Jackson who is expected to make a sophomore leap after a great freshman season, and Te'a Cooper. Honestly she would've been last on the depth chart due to her still recovery form injury and everyone else up to speed. I like the decision and I think Carey is not only a great coach but an outstanding person as well!

Reaction Score
Lol did this really deserve its own thread? I'm certainly not shocked nor surprised that BCM has moved on. She essentially lost her starting role halfway through the 2017 season to Harris. Then got injured to start the following season. Next year she would be competing for playing time agaisnt Harris who solidified herself as starting PG for years to come, #1 pg for 2018 Des Henderson, Athletic Jackson who is expected to make a sophomore leap after a great freshman season, and Te'a Cooper. Honestly she would've been last on the depth chart due to her still recovery form injury and everyone else up to speed. I like the decision and I think Carey is not only a great coach but an outstanding person as well!

if I remember correctly she was a streaky but competent three point shooter and an excellent defender.........I would have thought SC could still have used her offensive firepower.......

Reaction Score
if I remember correctly she was a streaky but competent three point shooter and an excellent defender....I would have thought SC could still have used her offensive firepower..

All of these things are true but the show must go on. Bianca Jackson as a freshman shot 40% from long range while averaging 8 ppg while BCM best scoring season was 8ppg. While her defensive effort and shooting will be missed I don't think SC will suffer for it. Henderson is a better defender with just as much speed and both Dawn and Jolette Law stated at numerous chalk talks that Te'a Cooper is the best perimeter defender and will be a big time scorer. Not to mention Harris as a soph averaged 12 ppg and 6.5 apg. I love BCM not only as a player but as a fellow New Yorker and I wish her nothing but the best because she certainly was a fan favorite.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Cuevas-Moore is a gifted shooter and passer. Maybe her hoop-gurlz swagger suffered under Dawn's post-centered offense and the the one and done transfers.
She also played out of control a lot while taking ill considered shots at sometimes crucial moments; and that was throughout her career. I'm from NYC, and I have nothing against swagger, believe me. But at some point you have to walk the walk.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
She also played out of control a lot while taking ill considered shots at sometimes crucial moments; and that was throughout her career. I'm from NYC, and I have nothing against swagger, believe me. But at some point you have to walk the walk.

Spot on, Jordy. I have no dog in this fight, but I saw what you did: A turnover waiting to happen whenever she gets the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom