Well, Kevin made #1 in something | The Boneyard

Well, Kevin made #1 in something

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
"Once a school that almost always landed at least one top-50 player per year, Ollie has turned UConn into a program that 5-star guys are almost unwilling to even consider."

OUCH!!!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Although The Boneyarders know WCBB awfully well, I was still thinking this was an awfully familiar way to refer to Kevin McGuff of Ohio State, who just might make one of those lists now that Ms. Mitchell is graduating this year.

Reaction Score
"Once a school that almost always landed at least one top-50 player per year, Ollie has turned UConn into a program that 5-star guys are almost unwilling to even consider."

OUCH!!!
To say Ollie is the reason we don't land top-50 players every year is obnoxiously lazy. Undeniably the conference plays a huge role in that.

Reaction Score
I really am looking forward to thw coaching search. I thinl this is our last chance.

My gut still says Hurley due to rumors and things I've heard him say.

We still have some clout with recruits. This is it

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
To say Ollie is the reason we don't land top-50 players every year is obnoxiously lazy. Undeniably the conference plays a huge role in that.

Bull as the next sentence describes why Top 50 players are uninterested:
And if you watch this team run its offense—or its sad excuse of one—it's no surprise.

The conference is a factor, but to say the role is anything more than a point of consideration is absurd.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Just you wait and see . . .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You can bring top 50 recruits to this program in this conference. Maybe not to every program, but certainly this one. You can even coach them, develop them and actually win with them.

I know that news will disappoint some folks who are hoping against hope that the next coach is a complete failure.

Reaction Score
You can bring top 50 recruits to this program in this conference. Maybe not to every program, but certainly this one. You can even coach them, develop them and actually win with them.

I know that news will disappoint some folks who are hoping against hope that the next coach is a complete failure.

Seriously. There's what, 9 non-P5 teams ranked right now? Including 3 in the AAC.

UConn has NO excuse

Reaction Score
Enough with the conference. There are teams doing fine in our conference. People are acting like we are in the MAC.
It we keep KO maybe we can someday be good enough to win the MAC.

Reaction Score

Cincinnati, in the AAC, is #11.
Houston, in the AAC, is #23

Gonzaga & St Marys, in a weaker conference, are #6 & #22
Wichita St, now in the AAC previously in a weaker conference, is #13
Rhode Island, in a weaker conference, is #18
Nevada, in a weaker conference, is #20
MTSU, in a weaker conference, is #24.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Enough with the conference. There are teams doing fine in our conference. People are acting like we are in the MAC.

Those teams aren’t getting top 50 recruits, making it past the second weekend weekend, or getting players into the league besides the occasional 2nd rounder/UDFA.

They’re in a much better place than where we are now. That better place would still make many people upset if it were our ceiling.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
Those teams aren’t getting top 50 recruits, making it past the second weekend weekend, or getting players into the league besides the occasional 2nd rounder/UDFA.

They’re in a much better place than where we are now. That better place would still make many people upset if it were our ceiling.
Let’s get to that level and then worry about it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I’d rather get back to where they are first, and start worrying about how to be a blue blood again, once that challenge is realistically attainable. We’d all take being a top 25 team right now.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Something needs to be done after this season as this can't go on any longer

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
As certifiable as many here are, I don't think anyone is hoping that.

Well, except maybe Kevin Ollie.

Only on the Boneyard is acknowledging the possibility of something equivalent to "hoping" for it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Only on the Boneyard is acknowledging the possibility of something equivalent to "hoping" for it.
Well considering how hard you’re trying to kill anyone’s enthusiasm about the future, it comes off as if you don’t support a change. Even though I know you’re rooting for our success too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
As certifiable as many here are, I don't think anyone is hoping that.

Well, except maybe Kevin Ollie.

I guarantee you that they do.

Also, note that whenever I make a vague reference to bad people, I am almost always talking about you. It’s like 98% of the time. Maybe even higher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom