Well, its RUTGERS WEEK!!! | The Boneyard

Well, its RUTGERS WEEK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well Hello, Folks. Its been a while. I have to admit, i haven't followed too much of your team, and am sad to see that y'all are struggling. We too have had our troubles of late and are hoping to see at least some positive signs.

In the preseason, I really thought we had enough talent to BEAT Alabama. Our first Fresno State game brought me down to earth, disappointingly quickly but we nevertheless bounced back, reeling off four straight victories. Then Louisville cut down our BCS dreams and from there, its been mostly downhill.

The things that have crippled our season, is losing our two top starting corners, one to a season ending injury, the other decided to play baseball at another school. In their place, a couple of true freshmen have seen extensive action, but at times have been overmatched. This has ultimately caused us to have probably the worst pass defense in the country. Another factor holding us back was running back Paul James injury. Before he got in injured against Arkansas, he was on pace to having a TERRIFIC season. But his leg injury kept him out up until two weeks ago, and he still isn't 100%.

True Freshman justin Goodwin backs him up, and had a breakout game against SMU, rushing for 149 yards. Savon Huggins has also contributed, and has run hard, when given the opportunity.

Most RU fans are down on quarterback, Gary Nova, but I still believe in him, and think he can have a bounceback game against UConn. Up until the Louisville game, Nova was playing GREAT! After that game, Novas play has gone into the tank, and not surprisingly, so has our season. The thing is that Nova can be effective, when we have a running game. Without a running game, Nova tends to press and ultimately make mistakes. Our tight end Tyler Kroft has been somewhat of a revelation, and he is probably our best tight end since Clark Harris who is now in the NFL. As a group the WRs have been disappointing as a whole, as I expected them to be more dominant. But they have performed exceptionally well in games against SMU and Fresno State. Leonte Carroo is developing into one of the best wrs in the country. Brandon Coleman might be playing sundays next year, but i'm hopeful he will come back for another year.

The defense has been beset by a number of injuries, transfers and the NFL draft. Middle Linebacker Steve Longa is one of the best LBs in the country, and has been especially productive this year, as he is our leading tackler. Jamal Merrill is our SAM, and he was somewhat slowed down by injury. Kevin Snyder is been especially strong against the run, but sometimes struggles in pass coverage. Our DL has been progressively getting better, but still has a ways to go. Its led by three technique tackle Darius Hamilton, who is the son of former NY Giants football great Keith Hamilton. DE Jamil Merrill has been hurt by injury, but thankfully, NT Isaac Holmes has been able to avoid the injury bug. Djwany Mera is the other end. Lorenzo Waters and Tejay Johnson or Jeremy Deering are the safeties.

Looking forward to seeing this weeks game and speaking with you. Last tine i visited the RENT, it was a house of horrors for us, so this time, i'm hoping for something significantly different.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I mean, when a Rutgers starter goes down with an injury, it only opens a spot for a SUPER RECRUIT to step in, so I don't get how that explains the record?

Reaction Score
Rutgers has two conference wins, we can still finish ahead of them. We can actually finish 6th in the league.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Holy Crap...it my old bonified cycopath buddy Rutgers AL and if you don't believe me or you are a young Uconn fan. watch this AL video.

See you Saturday you freak.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Well Hello, Folks. Its been a while. I have to admit, i haven't followed too much of your team, and am sad to see that y'all are struggling. We too have had our troubles of late and are hoping to see at least some positive signs.

In the preseason, I really thought we had enough talent to BEAT Alabama.
Which is why we love you. You are the most certifiably insane fanatic we have ever had here on the yard. Absolutely no connection to reality.

Reaction Score
The I-95 Bowl is there for the taking. Let's get it boys.

Reaction Score
Our tight end Tyler Kroft has been somewhat of a revelation, and he is probably our best tight end since Clark Harris who is now in the NFL.

I just thought it would be humorous to point out that Clark Harris does indeed play in the NFL... as a long snapper

In all seriousness, good to see you post, Al

Reaction Score

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
What a great two weeks we're in for UConn fans. Last week was BC Hate week in bball and the team pulled it out. This week it's Rutgers Hate Week! Let's hope our FB team pulls through in this one and gives them a nice going away gift of a smackdown!

Reaction Score
Holy Crap...it my old bonified cycopath buddy Rutgers AL and if you don't believe me or you are a young Uconn fan. watch this AL video.

See you Saturday you freak.

I kept waiting for Mr. Hat to say something.

Reaction Score
I just thought it would be humorous to point out that Clark Harris does indeed play in the NFL... as a long snapper

In all seriousness, good to see you post, Al

Thought it was only me that had never heard of Clark Harris.

Reaction Score
Thought it was only me that had never heard of Clark Harris.

Don't worry about Clark Harris, as your primary concern should be the next generation of Rutgers Football SuperStars. Leonte Carroo could be the best WR in the nation. He has at least two game winning touchdowns. TE Tyler Kroft is enjoying a breakout season. MLB Anthony Longa is one of the most productive LBs in the American conference.

Reaction Score
I love Rutgers AL...he's what makes this forum fun. I don't post much, I read a lot a posts, but when a guy like AL writes I laugh and I have to write in.

Stop by for a beer Saturday Rutgers Al and we can talk about how Rutgers is going to beat Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Nebraska, Michagin, Michagin State next year and win the B1G Division out right.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-14/big-tTen/2014-rutgers-scarlet-knights-football-schedule.php

Thx Pete. Looking forward to meeting you.

Reaction Score
Don't worry about Clark Harris, as your primary concern should be the next generation of Rutgers Football SuperStars. Leonte Carroo could be the best WR in the nation. He has at least two game winning touchdowns. TE Tyler Kroft is enjoying a breakout season. MLB Anthony Longa is one of the most productive LBs in the American conference.

Why do you insist on putting the kiss of death on Carroo like that?

Do you still remember serenading Savon Huggins on youtube?

Reaction Score
I love Rutgers AL...he's what makes this forum fun. I don't post much, I read a lot a posts, but when a guy like AL writes I laugh and I have to write in.

Stop by for a beer Saturday Rutgers Al and we can talk about how Rutgers is going to beat Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Nebraska, Michagin, Michagin State next year and win the B1G Division out right.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-14/big-ten/2014-rutgers-scarlet-knights-football-schedule.php

After looking at that schedule I'm further convinced the UCONN job is more attractive then the Rutgers job. Rutgers will do well to win 4 games next year, 2 wins is very possible.

Rutgers is a coaching graveyard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As of today, we are a 4 point dog on Saturday. I have to assume that factors in the QB change.

At home, I'll take that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate