Well, I have a hang over, how about you? | The Boneyard

Well, I have a hang over, how about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess we won't be printing 25-0 tee-shirts. But that's okay, I never expected to go undefeated. This team will take a while to figure itself out. Drink a little coffee, move on.

About last night, we were 3-17 from behind the arc, we were 50% from the foul line, we had 19 TOs and I think Ollie spilled mustard on his tie. Yuck.

Reaction Score
About last night, we were 3-17 from behind the arc, we were 50% from the foul line, we had 19 TOs and I think Ollie spilled mustard on his tie. Yuck.

Any one of those stats would usually translate into a loss, so the fact that we were 18% from 3, 50% on FT, AND turned it over 19 times and only lost by 10? I'm actually the tiniest bit impressed.

Reaction Score
Any one of those stats would usually translate into a loss, so the fact that we were 18% from 3, 50% on FT, AND turned it over 19 times and only lost by 10? I'm actually the tiniest bit impressed.
This was my mentality. It was a terrible game on all fronts and we still only lost by 10 to a good team that was well coached. I also came away very excited that Facey will make some meaningful contributions this year, and I can't wait to see what DHam turns into. He was unstoppable for the first 10 minutes of the game on both ends of the court.

Reaction Score
This was my mentality. It was a terrible game on all fronts and we still only lost by 10 to a good team that was well coached. I also came away very excited that Facey will make some meaningful contributions this year, and I can't wait to see what DHam turns into. He was unstoppable for the first 10 minutes of the game on both ends of the court.
DHam had 8 TOs. I think that maybe a UConn record. This was probably a learning experience for him, I hope so.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Yes I'm definitely hurting! Lol

Hopefully ko gets that stain out of his tie!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I recall Ollie wearing a golf shirt last night.

Reaction Score
Guess we won't be printing 25-0 tee-shirts. But that's okay, I never expected to go undefeated. This team will take a while to figure itself out. Drink a little coffee, move on.

Analyzing the boxscore all other stats were practically even. DHam and Facey were overwhelmed with the press, attributed to inexperience (fixable). Purvis was gimpy.

However Boat let them get into his head and it showed. Us old school fans recognized old school BE tactics and wvu seemed to be using all the playbook. That to me was the only concerning issue. Boat must channel that energy into the team, and not opposing players. It was like street ball they way I used to play it.

In essence we beat ourselves, based on the box score (linky).

Reaction Score
Analyzing the boxscore all other stats were practically even. DHam and Facey were overwhelmed with the press, attributed to inexperience (fixable). Purvis was gimpy.

However Boat let them get into his head and it showed. Us old school fans recognized old school BE tactics and wvu seemed to be using all the playbook. That to me was the only concerning issue. Boat must channel that energy into the team, and not opposing players. It was like street ball they way I used to play it.

In essence we beat ourselves, based on the box score (linky).

I think that's a good point about Boat. Too much wasted energy. He needed to direct some of that at teammates not opponents.

Reaction Score

didn't wear a tie

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Facey had a good game minus a few mental lapses. He's blossoming into a dependable rebounder.

Reaction Score
DHam had 8 TOs. I think that maybe a UConn record. This was probably a learning experience for him, I hope so.

The amazing thing is that he had that many TO's and he is still far from the doghouse and not being nearly as lambasted as some on here. That's due to the evidence shown of what he can become. He get's quite a long leash. How about that behind the back dribble splitting two defenders on the break?

The press had us rattled, and that translated to all facets of the game. A lot of young, inexperienced players were forced into situations they were unaccustomed to. It would have really helped to have more Purvis. All the onus was on Boatright. The good thing is now they've seen a zone and a frantic press and Ollie can adjust and teach for both. For instance, too many times Hamilton was leaving his feet to make a pass out of the press, only to not have an open man identified. That will be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom