Well Duh Mike Anthony | The Boneyard

Well Duh Mike Anthony

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
On the right side of the freshman wall CW can help UConn he says. Can't pay for insight like that can you. :cool::)

Mike Anthony: If Christyn Williams can stay on the right side of the freshman wall, she can improve UConn’s season for the better - Hartford Courant

"There it was Monday night in the way Christyn Williams carried herself, a substantial answer to questions about team potential and player capability that swirl in mid-February.

There it was in the freshman’s line on the box score, too: 19 points on 7-for-8 shooting 38-plus minutes in No. 4 UConn’s 97-79 victory over No. 11 South Carolina at the XL Center.

This was probably the final team test of the regular season.

The test for Williams remains, though. She will have to ride this latest breakthrough performance toward a prolonged stretch of consistent play that can give UConn the look and feel of a well-rounded team able to embrace and act on typical Final Four expectations."

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's quality commentary right there.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
On the right side of the freshman wall CW can help UConn he says. Can't pay for insight like that can you.
Aren't the subscribers to the Courant paying for this advice? ;):rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Now, now, fellas. Not everyone is knowledgeable about basketball. There are many fans who do need this stuff spelled out for them. They're also hungry for information about the team. Not everyone reads the Boneyard.

There seems to be a surfeit of snark on the board these days. Can't we live and let live?

Reaction Score
I saw the title and thought this thread was about the rumored Van Halen reunion tour. Lol.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Now, now, fellas. Not everyone is knowledgeable about basketball. There are many fans who do need this stuff spelled out for them. They're also hungry for information about the team. Not everyone reads the Boneyard.

There seems to be a surfeit of snark on the board these days. Can't we live and let live?

We are spoiled and it has been very traumatic on a lot of us losing 2 games. All this pent up angst must be released some how. But I'd prefer to do it with music and laughter myself.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Better - everyone snarking will be Clockwork Orange Conditioned (straight jacket, strapped and made to listen to this until he or she is broken.

Reaction Score
Sorta like saying that if the sun does come up in a few hours, tomorrow will happen.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I'm happy to see that ANYONE is reporting on women's basketball. It seems we keep hearing of another paid periodical pundit biting the dust as the printed paper publishing business goes the way of the wainwright and the bowling alley pinsetter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Now, this is what I wanna her her current coach tell Anna about Geno.

1550073502279.png

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony. Master of the obvious.

Reaction Score

Nan, you are spot on. More info would help increase the fan base. While I typically look at the Boneyard every 1-2 days, in the 1980's was trying to figure out who this Geno guy was and why UConn even focused on women's basketball. Seems silly now but there is another generation (or 2) that is getting hooked on UConn basketball and just needs info to get started.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Can't we live and let live?

Well-not in this "ever-changing world." Not if it includes having to "Give in and cry." Because "If you have a job to do you better do it well."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom