Welcome to UConn, Qadence! | The Boneyard

Welcome to UConn, Qadence!

Jim

Reaction Score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A 6-foot-2 wing from Forestville, MD<br><br>Welcome to UConn, Qadence! <a href="https://post original url/aop99HbRkG">pic.twitter.com/aop99HbRkG</a></p>&mdash; UConn Women’s Basketball (@UconnWBB) <a href="">November 9, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just to be sure here: does this mean that UConn has received Qadence's letter?

The board says Ashlynn and KK will sign in the next couple of days.
Wonderful class from 2023...Jana would up it a notch or two.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A 6-foot-2 wing from Forestville, MD<br><br>Welcome to UConn, Qadence! <a href="https://post original url/aop99HbRkG">pic.twitter.com/aop99HbRkG</a></p>&mdash; UConn Women’s Basketball (@UconnWBB) <a href="">November 9, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I just logged on to the yard for the first time this morning a moment ago. What a wonderful post to wake up to. Welcome, Qadence. You'll NEVER be sorry you chose to come to UConn. UConn Nation is happy to have you. What a joy it will be watching you grow and develop during your 4 years here. :) Thanks for posting this Jim.

Reaction Score

Carnac

Reaction Score
That is what it says.
That's one heck of a typo. The class of 2027 is only in the 7th grade in MIDDLE school. :eek: This just shows that good help is hard to find. Surprised that no one on their end caught this BEFORE posting. :confused:

Carnac

Reaction Score

Yes it does. Per NCAA rules, no school can comment or announce a NLI signing unless they have the NLI in their physical possession and the ink is dry. :cool: There are several other 2023 top 100 players that still have not revealed their commitment yet. Those should be coming in the next day or two.

Reaction Score
That's one heck of a typo. The class of 2027 is only in the 7th grade in MIDDLE school. :eek: This just shows that good help is hard to find. Surprised that no one on their end caught this BEFORE posting. :confused:
Won't they be graduating in 2027? If so, they are in the class of 2027

Yup, it's college graduating class of '27

Reaction Score

I'm already on record as calling this the greatest recruiting class ever... hat tip to @BobbyJ .

Yeah sure, I prolly should have said "one of the greatest..." or any number of other things. But I am a very passionate person. Reason is not my middle name.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I just logged on to the yard for the first time this morning a moment ago. What a wonderful post to wake up to. Welcome, Qadence. You'll NEVER be sorry you chose to come to UConn. UConn Nation is happy to have you. What a joy it will be watching you grow and develop during your 4 years here. :) Thanks for posting this Jim.
I can't recall knowing your age, o' sage one, but how long will any of us have to live to see all of these young women "grow and develop"? I used to be focused on winning; now I'm focused on just being alive to see what happens . . . Go, Huskies!

Carnac

Reaction Score
I get it now. It’s a UConn posting using their college graduating year.
They threw us a 3-2 CURVE, and we're looking for a fastball..........called third strike. :confused: You're right Bobby. It's too early in the morning for some of us. Our brains (reasoning) have not kicked into full gear yet. :confused: We're use to her being associated with her 2023 high school class. We're not thinking about her COLLEGE graduating class yet. That's 5 years away. Some of us may not be here by then. :eek: Some of us "mature" folks don't dare think that far into the future.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1668015090472.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

If the official Twitter feed mentions her name, UConn has received a signed LOI

Reaction Score
With the recruits left that are still unsigned, it’s likely that Stanford and/or South Carolina will jump ahead of UConn. A Top 5 class + El Alfy (who we still have a high chance of landing) is one to be really proud of. On to 2024.

Reaction Score
It always comes down to 2 things, has the coach judged character well, and can they mold a true team out of the characters they’ve gathered. This is Geno’s genius, and it’s Tara’s too. Dawn seems to have figured this out as well.

There can be off years and misjudgments, but in the long run the great coaches know how to build a program. Right now, Tara has built a solid core with Jones and Brink. Now it’s time to see if Iriafen and Jump can fill the holes left from graduation. And the same huge question mark remains at pg for them. It may be worse this year, since the positionless offense they (and we) play depends on having players like the Hulls to cover some of the pg duties, and they don’t have that now.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
With the recruits left that are still unsigned, it’s likely that Stanford and/or South Carolina will jump ahead of UConn. A Top 5 class + El Alfy (who we still have a high chance of landing) is one to be really proud of. On to 2024.
Since she has yet to commit, I wonder if she is in possession of a blank LOI form.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Since she has yet to commit, I wonder if she is in possession of a blank LOI form.
LOL, my age is showing. Email, all the different social media platforms, my brain was thinking fax and mail. My excitement is getting the best of me..

Reaction Score
LOL, my age is showing. Email, all the different social media platforms, my brain was thinking fax and mail. My excitement is getting the best of me..
They still use fax machines in Japan. My daughter does lots of stuff involving Japan and she’s always stunned by how technologically backwards they seem.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So glad it's official. Of the 3 coming in, IMHO she needs the most work - but this is based on ONLY seeing one game where she faced off against Fournier, a year younger, and was outplayed. I hope her intensity ratchets up at UCONN. She's athletic and has a lot of potential. Hope she becomes more like Kelly Faris than Tahirah Williams.

Reminds me a bit of DD Richards - who always had her hair up in 2 puffs when at Baylor. Hope Qadence keeps the look - will be EASY to pick her out on the court!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Can't wait to hear Geno talk about these 3...now that he can.

Looking down the road to the season of 2023-2024

As bigs we will have:

senior Aaliyah Edwards
junior Amari DeBerry
soph Ayanna Patterson
redshirt frosh Ice Brady
frosh Qadence Samuels...can she earn some off-the-bench time her frosh year?

ability to play in and out
junior Caroline DeCharme
Aubrey Griffin...she will graduate in May of 2023...but certainly has the athletic
eligibility for at least one more year.

Perhaps no true center...as of now

Guard corps is tremendous

seniors
Paige/Nika...both will retain athletic elligibility beyond next season.

juniors Azzi

Soph Ines Bettencourt

Frosh
Ashlynn Shade
KK Arnold

With Caroline and Aubrey with the ability to do some guard things as well.

Potential on this upcoming team...yikes!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom