Welcome to Storrs, Morgan! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Welcome to Storrs, Morgan!

Reaction Score
I think I found it here. Morgan looks the same to me in this one as in the McD's AA -- she shines on defense and in transition where she's a total ball hawk. But she doesn't sizzle in terms of her own scoring. It's really noticeable how, when she's on the floor, she plays serious defense, boxes out, is very gnat like, and the rest of Team-Air seems to pick up its defense. and when she's not on the floor they lose a lot of the defensive spirit. I wonder if a few of the players on the opposing team weren't a little taken aback, like,
"What are you doing playing defense? This is just supposed to be a highlight reel for me."​
But I think this is exactly who she is -- put her in any situation and the first thing she knows to do is play defense. This is what Geno wants from her.

Also, just a warning, the PA announcer is embarrassingly annoying. At times, the players on the floor even seem irritated by it. you may want to turn the sound off to watch it.

Morgan is 6'2" but she can move the ball very smooth and well. Not too many tall players can do this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For a better look at Cheli there is this game in December against Long Island Lutheran, a school with 3 MDAA's including the much sought after Koval, who will play for NDame.

And for those with limited time here's that game's highlights

Reaction Score
Very impressive, in addition to everything mentioned, she has a sweet pull-up jumper, and is very vocal on the bench- real leadership qualities.

This is going to be a MONSTER team. This is a team of starters. There are no bench players. There will be no drop off in the level of play, offensively or defensively, no matter who is on the court.

Reaction Score
Scroll forward to the 6:00 minute mark. I think that’s Morgan with the kneepads

I agree, Morgan with the kneepads at about 6:21. Obviously a
shooter's game. Morgan was the rare one making good passes.
Overall, a sped up sloppy game!

Reaction Score
I agree, Morgan with the kneepads at about 6:21. Obviously a
shooter's game. Morgan was the rare one making good passes.
Overall, a sped up sloppy game!
Morgan actually had a lot of good passes in all 3 all star games (MCDAA, Nike Hoop, Jordan Classic). But the MCDAAG, her teammates weren't making the shot. She probably could've had 5-6 assists in that game. She made some more good looks in the Classic, and some went in and some didn't. Probably could've tallied 12-17 assists throughout these 3 games if the shots fell. Some of them were just basic lay-ins that were missed.

Reaction Score
For a better look at Cheli there is this game in December against Long Island Lutheran, a school with 3 MDAA's including the much sought after Koval, who will play for NDame.

And for those with limited time here's that game's highlights

I'm gonna guess the person Morgan assisted most at Mitty was Woliczko. Seems that Morgan can find her anywhere on the court, traffic, backdoor, or fast break.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna guess the person Morgan assisted most at Mitty was Woliczko. Seems that Morgan can find her anywhere on the court, traffic, backdoor, or fast break.
Yup. I watched several of their games and those two know how to play together. I have a feeling next season at Mitty won’t be nearly as much fun for Woliczko without Morgan getting the ball to her.

Reaction Score
Yup. I watched several of their games and those two know how to play together. I have a feeling next season at Mitty won’t be nearly as much fun for Woliczko without Morgan getting the ball to her.
maybe Morgan can have a similar assisting relationship with, say, Sarah or Jana next season. Or hell, even Aubrey works, she and McKenna have a similar athleticism and off ball movement (cuts to the basket/open space/fast break transition). Morgan could probably mesh well with Aubrey if she gets a crack at being PG.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Just praying for four years of staying injury free. Only thing that will hold her back, like all these kids is injuries. She is terrific.

Reaction Score
Just praying for four years of staying injury free. Only thing that will hold her back, like all these kids is injuries. She is terrific.
She only has a history of foot injury, which I don't believe was random, it occurred in game after she fell down on it or something? And it only happened 1-2 times throughout her 4 years at HS if I recall.

Reaction Score
maybe Morgan can have a similar assisting relationship with, say, Sarah or Jana next season. Or hell, even Aubrey works, she and McKenna have a similar athleticism and off ball movement (cuts to the basket/open space/fast break transition). Morgan could probably mesh well with Aubrey if she gets a crack at being PG.
Not to mention our 6'3" "veteran" of the Final Four: "ICE!!!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
What I think this means is that she's the sort of player who thrives within a structured team concept.
Or it means she ate too much pizza for breakfast.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Here's a look at Morgan as an individual. She's already a leader.

For those who don't know, Mitty coach Sue Phillips is a much-respected girls basketball coach.

Reaction Score
Morgan is very much a leader on and off the court. It was common to see Morgan, when she game out of a game, holding a clipboard explaining plays to a teammate during Mitty HS games. Her mind was always in the game even when she’s on the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom