Welcome to Storrs, Morgan! | The Boneyard

Welcome to Storrs, Morgan!

Reaction Score
Just love this young lady' smile ~~~

Mogan.jpg

Reaction Score
While I am positive about every UC recruit, have seen numerous clips of her playing in tough games and love what I saw. The best UConn players were not only great shooters, solid defenders, etc. but had the ability to perform on the top stage at the most difficult times. Seems like we have one of those players here.

Reaction Score
She’s the recruit I’m most excited for. Ranked #18 for a while and made it to the NHSPOTY top 5 finalists. Won the Nike TOC by getting a triple double, and only has one another 5 star on her team. Cannot wait to see her play.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I love it when UConn gets kids with really broad skill sets. Morgan has point-guard skills and post skills. She can play 1-5 on offense and defense. She and Strong will give the coaching staff so many options in the coming years.

Reaction Score
I love it when UConn gets kids with really broad skill sets. Morgan has point-guard skills and post skills. She can play 1-5 on offense and defense. She and Strong will give the coaching staff so many options in the coming years.
1-4. She’s not a proper center, not tall enough and doesn’t have the rim protection skills necessarily. Definitely a strong 4 though.

Reaction Score
I love Morgan's skill set, but it has some limitations. I watched her in the McD's AA game and while she played well, it didn't seem to be up to the standard she reached in her regular season games at Mitty HS. What I think this means is that she's the sort of player who thrives within a structured team concept. Which is exactly what Geno will provide for her.

In some respects, Sarah is even more flexible in her skill set and could probably fit in anywhere, and Allie is narrower but much sharper in what she can do. I think that's why the two of them looked really good in the AA game. When Morgan shined, it was in the transition game, getting a steal or snagging a rebound. She looks like an interesting mix of Aubrey and Nika -- she has legit PG skills, but she also thrives in the transition game, in being the pointy end of the defensive spear, crashing the boards and getting putbacks, and the other skills I usually associate with Aubrey. Plus she's bigger than either of them. If Aubrey was a better ball handler (i.e. didn't pick up her dribble at inopportune moments so frequently), she'd be very much like Morgan. There is also some overlap with Q's skillset. Q is a better perimeter shooter and can run the floor as well as Aubrey or Morgan, and finishes really well on the break. But Morgan has the best court vision and BBIQ of pretty much everyone besides Paige and maybe Caroline.

Reaction Score
I love Morgan's skill set, but it has some limitations. I watched her in the McD's AA game and while she played well, it didn't seem to be up to the standard she reached in her regular season games at Mitty HS. What I think this means is that she's the sort of player who thrives within a structured team concept. Which is exactly what Geno will provide for her.

In some respects, Sarah is even more flexible in her skill set and could probably fit in anywhere, and Allie is narrower but much sharper in what she can do. I think that's why the two of them looked really good in the AA game. When Morgan shined, it was in the transition game, getting a steal or snagging a rebound. She looks like an interesting mix of Aubrey and Nika -- she has legit PG skills, but she also thrives in the transition game, in being the pointy end of the defensive spear, crashing the boards and getting putbacks, and the other skills I usually associate with Aubrey. Plus she's bigger than either of them. If Aubrey was a better ball handler (i.e. didn't pick up her dribble at inopportune moments so frequently), she'd be very much like Morgan. There is also some overlap with Q's skillset. Q is a better perimeter shooter and can run the floor as well as Aubrey or Morgan, and finishes really well on the break. But Morgan has the best court vision and BBIQ of pretty much everyone besides Paige and maybe Caroline.
MDAAG is not a good judgement of her skills. She was swapped every 2 minutes, that’s not a structured team. Her team was clearly at a major disadvantage too. Jaloni was playing 1 v 5 ball and half the time Morgan was out there with her.

Watch her in the Jordan Classic, that’s the best showing of her skills at a much better level. She had a great showing of her versatility there.

Reaction Score
Watch her in the Jordan Classic, that’s the best showing of her skills at a much better level. She had a great showing of her versatility there.
Do you have a link or something? I’d love to watch it

Reaction Score
Do you have a link or something? I’d love to watch it
Hmmm i watched it on YT when it was on but I can’t seem to find it. There’s recaps though, they may show her. There was also a thread here for it, if you look up Jordan Brand Classic in the search bar on the BY.

Reaction Score
Hmmm i watched it on YT when it was on but I can’t seem to find it. There’s recaps though, they may show her. There was also a thread here for it, if you look up Jordan Brand Classic in the search bar on the BY.
I think I found it here. Morgan looks the same to me in this one as in the McD's AA -- she shines on defense and in transition where she's a total ball hawk. But she doesn't sizzle in terms of her own scoring. It's really noticeable how, when she's on the floor, she plays serious defense, boxes out, is very gnat like, and the rest of Team-Air seems to pick up its defense. and when she's not on the floor they lose a lot of the defensive spirit. I wonder if a few of the players on the opposing team weren't a little taken aback, like,
"What are you doing playing defense? This is just supposed to be a highlight reel for me."​
But I think this is exactly who she is -- put her in any situation and the first thing she knows to do is play defense. This is what Geno wants from her.

Also, just a warning, the PA announcer is embarrassingly annoying. At times, the players on the floor even seem irritated by it. you may want to turn the sound off to watch it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom