Welcome Kaitlyn! | The Boneyard

Welcome Kaitlyn!

Reaction Score
Wow, there’s going to be fierce competition for the guards positions, as is going to be for other positions.

What a difference from a few weeks ago!

Hope all stay healthy, push each other up, and bring an undefeated season next year!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Congrats. Not sure how I feel about it. We have a ton of guards and offense won't be the problem.
Kaitlyn will be a graduate student, an experienced guard to help steady what will be a very young team. Think how calm and confident Dorka and Lou were in tight spots. Kaitlyn will be at UConn for only one year, to help the youngsters find their feet. This is a terrific pick up for the Huskies

Reaction Score
Kaitlyn will be a graduate student, an experienced guard to help steady what will be a very young team. Think how calm and confident Dorka and Lou were in tight spots. Kaitlyn will be at UConn for only one year, to help the youngsters find their feet. This is a terrific pick up for the Huskies
Just had this conversation with my wife. Outstanding pickup for UConn. Also, great for her!

Reaction Score
I like all the possibilities. Yea...we have guards, some can play small forward in the small ball game. Great for pressing too. Sometimes you can't dictate the pace and style of the game. Be ready to match up. She's confident, steady and isn't afraid to shoot the big shot. Not sure I've seen a team with this many high quality perimeter threats. You can't cover them all!

Reaction Score
Probably the best guard for UConn purposes to get out of the portal: an experienced PG to help KK and the ability to have Paige play off the ball so she can do what we need most: scoring.
Now, if we can get an experienced big (Beers or Karlan), UConn will be one of the 2 teams to beat this coming season.

Reaction Score
This shows how thorough is the thought process by Geno and staff regarding augmenting the team with talent that is immediately productive and yet not in all conflicting with the overall scheme and future development. Chen looks to be a plug in replacement for Nika (would like to see comparative stats), giving flexibility to Paige, giving KK more time to grow in the role and allowing time to find the best other option at PG (Allie, a healthy Azzi, ?). While all of us have also been anxious and excited for a big, I think that is a much more complex issue (finding a grad student for the one year) and may or many not happen.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that she will not only help the team win it all, but also help herself in getting drafted by the W showing what she can do against some of the top teams in Women's College basketball.

Reaction Score

I don’t get why this is so hard to understand. She won’t stop KK’s development, if anything she’ll challenge her and make her better so that she’s more than fit to run the team after Kaitlyn and Paige leaves next year. She scores, facilitates and plays defense. An amazing pickup if you ask me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom