welcome Andreas Knappe | Page 2 | The Boneyard

welcome Andreas Knappe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If this kid is 21 already and can put weight on (by the looks of him I would say adding 20 pounds should be easy given our history of beefing kids up), he could be 26 by the time he's a senior. There's a lot to be said about a 26 year old grown man blocking against 21 year old grown college players.

Reaction Score
With his age and size he's in the mold of Danny Watkins when he came in to college,

Reaction Score
My eyes weren't playing tricks on me because it seems he relies on his size and strength and his technique will be in need of some attention. That's not the worst problem to have because we have these guys called coaches that are going to find a spot for him and polish him right up. Welcome "MR" Knappe!
Indeed bro...

Reaction Score
My eyes weren't playing tricks on me because it seems he relies on his size and strength and his technique will be in need of some attention. That's not the worst problem to have because we have these guys called coaches that are going to find a spot for him and polish him right up. Welcome "MR" Knappe!

His technique does need some work. I'm hoping, due to his age, they get him in for this fall and RS him. He needs a year of coaching and weight training. I don't see him making an impact in 2012.

Reaction Score
didn't Lunn play in this league as well? any league of ex college players should prepare a player better than high school. this is a great pick up

Reaction Score
Some of the guys on that roster are over 40 years old!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What do you call it when Knappe puts a defensive lineman on his back? The Belgian Waffle. :D

If he cracks the starting lineup at any point in his UConn career, the "Belgian Waffle" will take on a whole new life. Trademark this fast, so you get your royalties!

Reaction Score
He looks like a great project. His body holds 290 extremely well. Put him on out weight program and with good coaching we have alot of upside here.

pj

Reaction Score
Thought I'd copy this from the Theo Tumba thread: ktuck911 found a Danish article on Knappe: http://www.razorbacks.dk/web3/web3_userFiles/File/VAF_12072012_side_20.pdf

Google translate: "Andreas Knappe is the first Dane for over 30 years with a realistic chance of reaching the NFL" ... he will play on Saturday in the finals of the Euro-great club tournament EFAF Cup. ... first Dane to enroll in American college swine football since Morten Andersen kicked the swine-skin at Michigan State 1978-1982 and played 25 years in NFL ... his 5-year scholarship to UConn has a value of "more than one million dollars" ... a career in college lasts 4 years, but most are enrolled 5 years, "too often smoking at least one season to injuries." ... "College football draws more fans than the NFL. That's because college teams have larger stadiums than the NFL." ... He measures 206 cm and 128 kg ... he's 21 years old ... "UConn falls to Michigan State among the strongest college teams in the United States" ... the University of Connecticut has an indoor track in full size, larger than a general football field, with a sophisticated climate plants ... Swine football may be played in 10 degrees frost one week and 30 degrees the next.

Reaction Score
I hope Swine Football is not contagious. Oink...uh oh.

This just in: Uconn and Michigan State are at the forefront of combatting swine football. We are no longer doomed.

Reaction Score
What do you call it when Knappe puts a defensive lineman on his back? The Belgian Waffle. :D

If we put him at DE, I'd love to hear the announcers calling another "Knappe Sack"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom