welcome Andreas Knappe | The Boneyard

welcome Andreas Knappe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
from dez

What’s goin on just wanted to pass this along but UConn got a commitment today from Andreas Knappe, a 6 foot 9, 290-pound offensive tackle from Belgium, France.
Not sure of all it entails but UConn is working hard to get him in for this fall.
DC

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Listed here on the "2011 Wall of Fame" for the Jason Babin football camp.

The videos in first post (actually only watched the first) seem to show poor competition but he certainly is huge. And if he is 6'9" and 290 lbs he's gotta be worth a shot. He looks like he has room to put on a good amount of weight. Bulk him up to 6'9" 340 and you could have a monster lineman. Or keep him as he is and you have a huge TE target who can also block in the run game. Saw him listed at TE somewhere but none of the highlights I've seen have him there.

Reaction Score
Welcome Andreas! Currently, from the vids I've seen so far of him, he comes out of his stance when the ball is snapped way too high to be a DT.. If he's got serious speed he might be a problem as a DE though... Right now, clearly he'd be best suited for us at OT....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if and if he can play right away this is extremely interesting. first off i have debated here with others about if we have ships left. we must then right? i still think we go get the bc rb if hes healthy also but anyway. the kid looks like he can fit 20 pounds of muscle on him and become a monster. u just can not make up that size, chesus. with him being that big i wonder if he can play right away and hold his own throwing weight around. considering our OL questions this year this would seem to help if we can get him active this fall and not next fall.

Reaction Score
The BC rb? You referring to M. Harris? If so, I read a tweet earlier that he's going to Temple and will be eligible this year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The BC rb? You referring to M. Harris? If so, I read a tweet earlier that he's going to Temple and will be eligible this year.

ahh, i have seen that rumor before with the old bc guys being there now. bummer then, i think he would have great with lyle for a 1-2 and the rest of the rbs can develop more...

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
from dez

What’s goin on just wanted to pass this along but UConn got a commitment today from Andreas Knappe, a 6 foot 9, 290-pound offensive tackle from Belgium, France.
Not sure of all it entails but UConn is working hard to get him in for this fall.
DC

So is he from Belgium or France?

Reaction Score
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that. I'm certain there is no city named Belgium in France.

Reaction Score
Hope he makes it in for the Fall... so he doesn't count against the '13 class

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does anyone know this kid's age? Considering how raw he must be (coming over from Europe) it may not be a bad idea to grayshirt him (spr 2013 enrollee) and put him on a six year plan (Boise St built their OLines this was a little more than a decade ago).

Reaction Score
ahh, i have seen that rumor before with the old bc guys being there now. bummer then, i think he would have great with lyle for a 1-2 and the rest of the rbs can develop more...

sorry Dan, but the Philly papers reported the following ....

Temple added Boston College’s career rushing leader to the Owls roster. After being off kicked of the Eagles’ football team in May, Montel Harris has transferred to Temple. He arrived on campus Sunday. The running back, who was released from Boston College’s program for a repeated violation of team rules, reunites with former Boston College wideouts coach Ryan Day and former Eagles offensive coordinator Kevin Rogers.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/temple/Montel-Harris-transfers-to-Temple.html#ixzz204rF053r
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Reaction Score
Germany, Belgium, France...it doesn't matter, so long as he's 6'9", 300 lbs. Dez's conversational tone, syntax and inaccuracies in his blog posts leave a lot to be desired, but at least he breaks some news once in a while.

Looks like this was his former team:

http://fieldgoal.eu/equipos/trianglerazorbacks.html

http://www.razorbacks.dk/index.php

This site says he's Danish. He was born June 2, 1991, so he just turned 21.

Reaction Score
if and if he can play right away this is extremely interesting. first off i have debated here with others about if we have ships left. we must then right? i still think we go get the bc rb if hes healthy also but anyway. the kid looks like he can fit 20 pounds of muscle on him and become a monster. u just can not make up that size, chesus. with him being that big i wonder if he can play right away and hold his own throwing weight around. considering our OL questions this year this would seem to help if we can get him active this fall and not next fall.

No way this kid would be ready to see the field next season.

Reaction Score
Belgium is a separate country from France but

Ils parlent français en Belgique.
Bonne chance. Bienvenue,

Reaction Score
We might want to mine the X-League in Japan, too.

Reaction Score
Germany, Belgium, France...it doesn't matter, so long as he's 6'9", 300 lbs. Dez's conversational tone, syntax and inaccuracies in his blog posts leave a lot to be desired, but at least he breaks some news once in a while.

Looks like this was his former team:

http://fieldgoal.eu/equipos/trianglerazorbacks.html

http://www.razorbacks.dk/index.php

This site says he's Danish. He was born June 2, 1991, so he just turned 21.
Notice the name Alex Polito on that roster as well as Zach Fraser. Those sounded vaguely familiar.;)

Reaction Score
Welcome Andreas! Currently, from the vids I've seen so far of him, he comes out of his stance when the ball is snapped way too high to be a DT.. If he's got serious speed he might be a problem as a DE though... Right now, clearly he'd be best suited for us at OT....

My eyes weren't playing tricks on me because it seems he relies on his size and strength and his technique will be in need of some attention. That's not the worst problem to have because we have these guys called coaches that are going to find a spot for him and polish him right up. Welcome "MR" Knappe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom