OT: - Weirdest ingredient in your kitchen? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Weirdest ingredient in your kitchen?

Reaction Score
eye of newt, but probably not weird to those on the BY who are in the spell casting business.

Reaction Score
Tongue (cow's) is a big delicacy in NYC Jewish deli's. When I was engaged my then fiance came over my house for dinner. When she asked my Irish mother what was for dinner she said "tongue" and my fiance laughed. She went over to the a large pot of water on the stove took off the lid and looked in and saw this like 5 lb
tongue in steaming water and almost passed out. It's really delicious and tastes kind of like ham only not as salty!

Yup for sure, but much better as lengua tacos in my book, which is how i’ll probably prepare it as its an easy 1 hour in tue pressure cooker then onto a hot cast iron pan to get the outside crispy.

Its not good looking for sure and i usually save the reveal until post meal.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I have 4 different mayonnaises, 4 different ketchups, 4 different mustards and an array of hot sauces.

We had our house deep cleaned and the cleaning company left us a bottle of their off-brand hot sauce.

8BCD7E76-5283-4CC8-A159-24A448BB9475.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't think of anything. Not a fan of weird food. We always have Cajun catfish fry coating, if that's unusual.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Lark's vomit.

Used in the Ram's Bladder Cup.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Probably not weird but does anyone use bee pollen? Is it legit?
My wife’s friend’s brother has Lyme’s and he has to get stung by bees to control the symptoms. They ship him live bees and his mom uses tweezers to pick up the bees and stab him in the spine with them

Reaction Score
My wife’s friend’s brother has Lyme’s and he has to get stung by bees to control the symptoms. They ship him live bees and his mom uses tweezers to pick up the bees and stab him in the spine with them

That is supposed to help really bad arthritis too.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
We keep a variety of bush medicine ( plants, herbs, etc.) from South America and the Caribbean. We bring it back on our own. Theres also a dehydrated milk product that my wife’s family grew up on from South America that always shows up whenever someone takes a trip
114F9373-40C9-41A6-BFB3-8A4C96EB21BF.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yup for sure, but much better as lengua tacos in my book, which is how i’ll probably prepare it as its an easy 1 hour in tue pressure cooker then onto a hot cast iron pan to get the outside crispy.

Its not good looking for sure and i usually save the reveal until post meal.
Yep, I probably eat lengua tacos every week or two. Can get lengua at every taqueria and cabeza at many, they are delicious.

Reaction Score
ME and no I am not thedecomposing body upstairs, at least not yet. Gross.

WaterDawg

Lurker Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Not too crazy... I’ve got some smoked ham hocks in the freezer and some oyster sauce in the fridge. Got some very stanky fish sauce and bonito flakes in the cupboard too.

Reaction Score
Maybe chia seeds? Nutritional yeast? Coconut aminos? Almond flour? Basically all the stuff that Mrs. CTMike bought on a whim and has never touched, yet refuses to ever get rid of.
Love chia seeds. Toss some in some iced tea or something and let them absorb some liquid. Extra pulpy!

Nothing crazy in our kitchen, unless maybe the wife makes an appearance, I’m the cook. With two young kids I don’t often branch out into anything too exotic. Maybe some sofrito for rice and beans?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Maybe chia seeds? Nutritional yeast? Coconut aminos? Almond flour? Basically all the stuff that Mrs. CTMike bought on a whim and has never touched, yet refuses to ever get rid of.
She must read the same blogs as Mrs DJ2.0

Reaction Score
I read an interesting thing about bee's. If you ask most people. they will tell you they have been stung by a bee in their life. But a low percentage of people have ever been stung by a bee. Bee's rarely sting. The mistake most people make is that they refer to a yellow jacket as a bee. A yellow jacket is not a bee. It is a wasp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom