Weekly Press Conference Tidbits (Tulane) | The Boneyard

Weekly Press Conference Tidbits (Tulane)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
desmondconner 12:02pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: We had a very productive bye week, very positive, any time came focus, sequester selves, good for team #UConnFootball

UConnFootball 12:04pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: We also need to continue to grow the special teams in areas we can. Add some different things there. #RiseUp

NHRJimFuller 12:05pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said coaches have been scaling back things that players don't know or aren't as comfortable with

EdDaigneault 12:05pm via TweetDeck
Diaco says the UConn D used bye to build on successes. Opposite for offense. Took out what the Huskies can't do, careful not to add things.

desmondconner 12:06pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on running back situation all backs listed in OR situation. "You are going to see Arkeel and Ron Johnson a lot more." #UConnFootball

desmondconner 12:07pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "Arkeel and Ron still don't know in great detail protections, still some growing that needs to happen, we can manage it a bit

UConnFootball 12:11pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Arkeel is a contact, fast player. His playing speed is faster than his normal speed. That's different from a lot of players.

UConnFootball 12:13pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Alec Bloom has the chance to be one of the best TE's in the country before his time is done here. #RiseUp

NHRJimFuller 12:14pm via TweetDeck
#UConn Obi Melifonwu is cleared to play against Tulane on Saturday

EdDaigneault 12:16pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: "We will be a great defense. There is no question about that."

UConnFootball 12:17pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: We want to take it away more on defense, but we need to take care of it better on offense. #RiseUp

MattSchonvisky 12:18pm via Twitter Web Client
If we can eliminate negative plays/turnovers on offense, we'd be having a very different conversation right now

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 12:19pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco: "We're 1-4 for a reason and it is that this team is not ready to be 4-1."

MattSchonvisky 12:19pm via Twitter Web Client
We're 1-4 for a reason and it's this team isn't ready to be 4-1, we're turning over rocks &under every one is a fungus, there's a solution

UConnFB_Andrew 12:20pm via TweetDeck
Diaco doing a good, inadvertent job of expanding on his defensive philosophy, which is basically a zone-based bend-but-don't-break style.

NHRJimFuller 12:26pm via TweetDeck
#UConn punter Justin Wain is day to day and possible he could play against Tulane

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 12:34pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said True freshman Daniel Oak OL looks like a guy he can put in game right now

desmondconner 12:34pm via TweetDeck
Diaco: Daniel Oak is coming on at center, been looking a like a guy who can go in the games #UConnFootball

desmondconner 12:36pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on QB Tim Boyle: "He's going to be the QB of the future. He's going to be the QB in 2015 and 16. Want to get him in games now" #UCONN

UConnFootball 12:37pm via TweetDeck
HCBD: Tim Boyle is going to be our QB in 2015 and 2016. He needs to play in meaninful snaps each game. #RiseUp

MattSchonvisky 12:37pm via Twitter Web Client
Unless he gets beat out, Tim will be our starting QB in '15 & '16 - Diaco

NHRJimFuller 12:37pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said it would be mistake for opponents to look at WR Deshon Foxx as wildcat QB.He can run entire offense

desmondconner 12:38pm via TweetDeck
Diaco on Foxx at QB: He can throw all passes and can run our offense. To say it's a Foxx package or wildcat, go ahead but it's not. #UCONN

NHRJimFuller 12:42pm via TweetDeck
#UConn's Bob Diaco said that playing one game in 25 days is "quirky."

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Let's see what Oak can do! We need OL help ASAP.

Reaction Score
I feel the exact opposite. Seriously he's thinking of wasting a RS NOW? This is almost becoming comical.

So if he plays an OL, who shows promise and can be a solid performer next year, you are going to have a problem with Diaco? Make up your mind...do you want him to improve this team for the future or just settle for players who aren't doing the job.

You seem like you are just looking for reasons to b.i.t.ch. Right now there is not a RS player left we need to worry about having their shirt burned. Not one....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Dooley

Reaction Score
I feel the exact opposite. Seriously he's thinking of wasting a RS NOW? This is almost becoming comical.

I don't understand. If Oak can play and is ready to contribute, why not play him? Burning a RS is out the window this year in every position. This coaching staff has said repeatedly that the best way to evaluate and improve is through game action. Will he struggle as a true FR? Probably. But I'd rather play FR than some of our upper classmen who clearly aren't getting the job done.

Reaction Score
You are becoming more Whaleresque each and every day.

That's not a bad thing since he's been right a lot more than you guys have. You treat everyone with a difference of opinion than yours as an Enemy of the State.

Reaction Score
If we can find a combination of freshmen/sophomores on the OL and backfield that can get through a game without a chop block on pass protect, consider it wise decision to play those players.

Reaction Score
So if he plays an OL, who shows promise and can be a solid performer next year, you are going to have a problem with Diaco? Make up your mind...do you want him to improve this team for the future or just settle for players who aren't doing the job.

You seem like you are just looking for reasons to b.i.t.ch. Right now there is not a RS player left we need to worry about having their shirt burned. Not one....

No I wanted him to try and win games from jumpstreet. Going from the "preseason development phase" to "win games now that we're 1-4" doesn't make any sense to me. And the thought that Oak may be better than Mateas right now is pretty far fetched.

Reaction Score
I don't understand. If Oak can play and is ready to contribute, why not play him? Burning a RS is out the window this year in every position. This coaching staff has said repeatedly that the best way to evaluate and improve is through game action. Will he struggle as a true FR? Probably. But I'd rather play FR than some of our upper classmen who clearly aren't getting the job done.

Thank you for not going Sportsart on me. We differ on the value of getting some game snaps this year vs. an extra year. The notion that he may be better than Mateas at this point is almost embarrassing.

Reaction Score
That's not a bad thing since he's been right a lot more than you guys have. You treat everyone with a difference of opinion than yours as an Enemy of the State.

Because I choose to not whine and act like I know how to run a D1 program doesn't make me a bad person. In your case you apparently think your constant whining is appealing to the masses.

What ever floats your boat.

Reaction Score
I didn't read it that way... he said he's coming on and looks like a guy who he can put into the game right now. Absent an injury...

More of positive reinforcement to Dan O - than a "I'm playing him". Never no I guess.

Medic, I hope you're right.

Reaction Score
Thank you for not going Sportsart on me. We differ on the value of getting some game snaps this year vs. an extra year. The notion that he may be better than Mateas at this point is almost embarrassing.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Reaction Score
That a 270 lb true frosh OL looks ready to play now, is probably more of an indictment of the other guys coaches are seeing in practice right now. That guys like Rugg, and Nwokeji, can't get a sniff on an OL this bad really tells the story of how the OL recruiting fell of the map between P and the end of the Edsall era.

Reaction Score
As to Oak, I would be surprised to see him in games. While great to hear good news of developing OL, HCBD did not say he was playing only that he was coming along. Not sure what drove his response, so would need better context.

Remember, for Oak to go in, he would be replacing not only a Senior, but a captain. Tough message.

Reaction Score
Because I choose to not whine and act like I know how to run a D1 program doesn't make me a bad person. In your case you apparently think your constant whining is appealing to the masses.

What ever floats your boat.

I didn't say you were a bad person. Last time I checked this was a fan internet message board where people express their opinions. Some of them may actually be contrary to yours. If that bothers you there's a solution for that.

Dooley

Reaction Score
As to Oak, I would be surprised to see him in games. While great to hear good news of developing OL, HCBD did not say he was playing only that he was coming along. Not sure what drove his response, so would need better context.

Remember, for Oak to go in, he would be replacing not only a Senior, but a captain. Tough message.

I thought the same thing on your last point...replacing Mateas, team captain, might send a mixed message. Maybe they will shift him to G? Tough to put a true FR in at C unless they are absolutely desperate.

Reaction Score
You're embarrassing yourself.

Funny coming from a guy who supports a like JaYnCe who makes a habit out of trolling the board. I'm merely expressing my opinions. You don't like to hear it, the ignore feature is your friend.

Reaction Score
I didn't say you were a bad person. Last time I checked this was a fan internet message board where people express their opinions. Some of them may actually be contrary to yours. If that bothers you there's a solution for that.

There's contrary and then there's non stop negative whining. The usual attention seekers like Nelson/Whaler, well it's to be expected.

You seemed to have crossed over.

Reaction Score
Funny coming from a guy who supports a like JaYnCe who makes a habit out of trolling the board. I'm merely expressing my opinions. You don't like to hear it, the ignore feature is your friend.

Really? Is that the best you got? What's next...calling me fat? I know Jay likes to duckK with people so it's comical. You have now become the board know it all. Diaco has no clue (after 5 games with a seriously damaged program) and you post away like a drunkin newbie.

Reaction Score
You have now become the board know it all. Diaco has no clue (after 5 games with a seriously damaged program) and you post away like a drunkin newbie.

If you actually bothered to read what I've written, that's not my stance at all.

I'm not interested in getting into it with you. But if memory serves correct, you were one of those "big whiners" during the P years. Try not to take things so seriously. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom