Week Two - other games thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week Two - other games thread

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
As I said....there were multiple replays and calls at that time. I don't remember it that way... but you might be right.

Doesn't change the bigger point...refs weren't biased against Texas.
I may be right? Lol…I am…you just won’t admit it. The bigger missed calls went against Texas. It was obvious to anyone watching the game. Even the announcers.

Reaction Score
In the Bama game the linesman came in spotted the ball called a first down moved the chains, and then the call went for a review. It was taking a long time so they said, looks like the call is going to be overturned and because the chains had been moved the correct position needed to be checked.

Reaction Score
Texas is being bent over by the refs this entire game, some of the worst officiating I've seen.
I have no idea if it would have made a bit of difference but with 35 seconds left to go in that game the Alabama pass play did not reach the stick before going out of bounds. Would have made it third and one instead of a first down. On the next play they had a chance for a sack but the Blitzer couldn't wrap and that really cost Texas. Not sure it would have turned out differently but get the call right.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
In the Bama game the linesman came in spotted the ball called a first down moved the chains, and then the call went for a review. It was taking a long time so they said, looks like the call is going to be overturned and because the chains had been moved the correct position needed to be checked.
Ok...that makes sense. I thought I recalled them initially calling it a first down.

Reaction Score
When the officiating becomes the story...it ain't a good thing. Fans are upset, twitterati have material for clicks....

And the win becomes an asterisk in the minds of some...

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
That is not what happened. I went back and watched it twice. The call was correct all the way. Bama asked for a review after the measurement and the call was upheld. They never called it a first down at any time. Never moved the chains. I posted the picture of the measurement that happened immediately after the play.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if it would have made a bit of difference but with 35 seconds left to go in that game the Alabama pass play did not reach the stick before going out of bounds. Would have made it third and one instead of a first down. On the next play they had a chance for a sack but the Blitzer couldn't wrap and that really cost Texas. Not sure it would have turned out differently but get the call right.
That was really strange, the tight end clearly ran out of bounds short of the first down. No way of knowing how it plays out if they make the correct call. They may have ran a run play to pick up the one yard and picked it up or got stopped again. Clock was a factor at that point so no matter what it was a big deal they gave him the first. Refs sucked the whole game but even the announcers didn't comment on him running out of bounds short of a first down. Texas had so many chances but refs screwed them over several times in crucial positions which impacted the score of the game.

Reaction Score
No idea whether this drops Notre Dame outside the top 10 but we leapfrog them among the Indies!

SquarePic_20220910_18154240.jpg

Reaction Score
Applesauce State giving A&M all they can handle today. Tie game and pushing into the red zone again.

Reaction Score
Reversal of a first down goes against App State. Seemed inconclusive and they looked at that one for a really really long time. Don't like it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom