Week Two - other games thread | The Boneyard

Week Two - other games thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hmmm, definitely a thinner slate this weekend - not easy to actually come up with a long list of interesting games.

Maybe this is my list of what interests me beyond UConn of course:
1) Baylor at BYU - religious collision! Night game. Provo. Could get nutty. Interesting measure of P5/G5 power here.
2) TN at Pitt - anyone tired of SEC dominance, I am. Pitt D pretty good upfront. I didn't expect them to carry as much momentum from last season as they did week 1 with Pickett and their WR gone.
3) Houston at Texas Tech - the G5 media community has placed its chips on Houston to be somebody this year....we shall see.
4) Iowa St at Iowa - maybe this should be higher on my list. Hoping for classic 9-5 game here....which is possible.
5) Alabama at Texas - well this could be good or it much just suck. Regardless you can't ignore this one.
6) Wake at Vandy - Vandy opened its season scoring the most points in program history in something like 50 years (dont fact check me here). Their QB has wheels. Wake should roll, but can Vandy flip the scripted?
7) App St at Texas A&M - App st always plays up for this games.....got to keep an eye on this one, maybe it gets crazy.
8) Duke at Northwestern - battle of the nerds!
9) Hawaii at Michigan - Hawaii looks awful...have to see what our week 3 competition looks like, right?
10) Oregon St at Fresno St - Another look at a future opponent.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Adds....

Kentucky at Florida: Should be a good game. Night games are always fun in the swamp. The big draw is Richardson. If he is healthy and playing, you have to watch. He is electric.

Mississippi State at Arizona: 11pm EST on FS1. Love the late night shootouts on the west coast. Bruce Feldman predicts a 63-61 MSU win. (Admittedly...I love west coast games because I am on the west coast...lol)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Adds....

Kentucky at Florida: Should be a good game. Night games are always fun in the swamp. The big draw is Richardson. If he is healthy and playing, you have to watch. He is electric.

Mississippi State at Arizona: 11pm EST on FS1. Love the late night shootouts on the west coast. Bruce Feldman predicts a 63-61 MSU win. (Admittedly...I love west coast games because I am on the west coast...lol)
Yeah, great adds. Meant to include these two the first time I looked ahead a few days ago.

Plus on the Kentucky game you get to look at CT native Will Levis in his campaign to push up the NFL draft boards.

Reaction Score
Adds....

I am also interested in the Florida game. Interesting that Kentucky is picked ahead of Florida this year in the SEC East. Kentucky was a surprise to me last year. And the Florida game last week against Utah was a good game to watch.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I am also interested in the Florida game. Interesting that Kentucky is picked ahead of Florida this year in the SEC East. Kentucky was a surprise to me last year. And the Florida game last week against Utah was a good game to watch.
Unfortunately it's at the same time as the UConn game.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
That BYU vs Baylor game seems like the highlight of the weekend IMO... besides UConn vs Cause obv. I'd like to say Texas vs Alabama as well but I doubt that one will be very close.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I am down in Hilton Head this weekend but with the hurricane headed our way should have plenty of time to watch ball all weekend long. Of course the lady may not react too fondly to that idea :D

Reaction Score
I am down in Hilton Head this weekend but with the hurricane headed our way should have plenty of time to watch ball all weekend long. Of course the lady may not react too fondly to that idea :D
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is not hurricane headed your way.

Reaction Score
Louisville UCF game this evening might be interesting for the fact that it may show if Louisville has really taken a fall off or Syracuse is really that good. Last year Louisville stomped CUSE and UCF lost in the last 13 seconds to Louisville in a close game.

Reaction Score
I'd expect Louisville to play better tonight simply because they looked awful last week and they can't be as bad as that........or can they?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Gus and UCF may not be long for one another. That was brutal.

I actually spent most of the night watching Alcaraz v Tiafoe. What an incredible match that was. Two supremely talented players

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Flipped on the Miami game…#15 playing at home before a very sparse crowd.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Texas looks competent vs Bama. Still 10-10, early 3rd after Bama punt. UT start from their 45.

Reaction Score
89 degrees and muggy in Miami....and the stands have to be in the upper 90's....I'd watch from home.

Reaction Score
Texas is being bent over by the refs this entire game, some of the worst officiating I've seen.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Walk the refs out of the building for that roughing the passer call against Texas. That is not a bad roughing the passer the call, that is evidence of the refs fixing the game.

Edit: the call doesn’t get any better with the final call. That was intentional grounding or a safety.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Walk the refs out of the building for that roughing the passer call against Texas. That is not a bad roughing the passer the call, that is evidence of the refs fixing the game.

Edit: the call doesn’t get any better with the final call. That was intentional grounding or a safety.
I’ve never seen a worse call. This crew screwed that up 9 different ways.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
89 degrees and muggy in Miami....and the stands have to be in the upper 90's....I'd watch from home.
People should be willing to support the 15th ranked team in the country. I never want to hear our crowds criticized again after seeing that.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I’ve never seen a worse call. This crew screwed that up 9 different ways.
They got it right in the end.

I think it's just bad officiating...they missed an obvious PI call on Texas also.

Reaction Score
People should be willing to support the 15th ranked team in the country. I never want to hear our crowds criticized again after seeing that.

Miami has always been a weak in stadium support crowd...But they have supporters who put up big money to secure players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom