Week of 3/4/24 Other Games | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Week of 3/4/24 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Worth its own thread, but what is the Selection Committee going to do about the NET? It is a computer ranking that was going to be easy to game, and two different leagues, the Big 12 and MWC, have made a mockery of it.
Nothing. They don't look at it for selection, except for putting the other teams on your schedule ordered by it. For that purpose, it's fine.

Reaction Score
I'll bet the committee puts UK as the 4-seed in the East with us. Any takers?
If they win this one they may end up a 3. And they're closest to Detroit ( and slightly closer to Dallas than Boston, though Kansas and Baylor will want Dallas, too.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If they win this one they may end up a 3. And they're slightly closer to Dallas than Boston, though Kansas and Baylor will want Dallas, too.
Yes, they could end up a 3, I just see the committee putting them as a hot team in our bracket.

Reaction Score
Sheppard and Knecht are so friggin good. It's crazy how under the radar Sheppard was pit of high school and then there's Knecht who nobody even looked at.

Reaction Score
Kentucky scares me more than anyone.
They are starting to concern me too. They are still not a good defensive team, but they've gotten better. If we see them and it's a shoot out, anything could happen.

Reaction Score
Kentucky scares me more than anyone.
They've got alot of offensive options, got two guys who can break you down off the dribble and create for themselves and others, plus another very good shotmaker in Reeves

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nothing. They don't look at it for selection, except for putting the other teams on your schedule ordered by it. For that purpose, it's fine.

It's not fine. Anyone analyzing teams by records vs Quads is basing their entire analysis on a tool, the NET, that is totally flawed and essentially useless.

I remember one of us pointing out over 4 years ago that the NET was hot garbage, and one us defending it in that same thread.

Reaction Score
They've got alot of offensive options, got two guys who can break you down off the dribble and create for themselves and others, plus another very good shotmaker in Reeves
Yep and they're showing they can play defense.

Reaction Score
At this point I'm shocked when Sheppard misses a shot, his shotmaking is automatic

Reaction Score
At this point I'm shocked when Sheppard misses a shot, his shotmaking is automatic
The more I watch him the more I see a future NBA star. Not saying he'll be Curry or Nash but he could pan out and be in their orbit.

Reaction Score
It's not fine. Anyone analyzing teams by records vs Quads is basing their entire analysis on a tool, the NET, that is totally flawed and essentially useless.
The NET is much less flawed than you and all the random ACC stans make it out to be. The Techs, Oklahomas, and TCUs of the world have fallen back down to where you'd expect them to be (around 40).

It's not perfect, but it's serviceable. The committee is certainly able and does disagree with it.

Quads are only one piece of a resume. They're also flawed. The actual resume metrics are the most predictive thing for selection anyways, so people (probably including me when I make my posts) over-index on the quads for selection importance.

Reaction Score
Xavier is giving Marquette a run (no Kolek)

Up 46-41 with 17:30 to go

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Xavier is giving Marquette a run (no Kolek)

Up 46-41 with 17:30 to go
Tough to win in the conferenice on the road. Let’s not find out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom