Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Week of 3/11/24 Games (Conference Tournaments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pitino is a great coach for sure... but running this guy off was straight stupid... I mean RIDICULOUSLY STUPID.

When word got out that Storr was being told to move on, I said he is the one guy from St. John's I would have been standing at his door with a bag to bring him here. He is almost single-handedly getting Wisconsin into the NCAA tournament. And he gives them a chance to get to the 2nd weekend. Otherwise, that time is totally pedestrian. I love his game, and his moxy.
same. Really wanted us to try to get him - but if we do, do we get Spencer?

Didn't get Gomes, but got Caron and Emeka! They're pretty good too :)

Reaction Score
Pitino is a great coach for sure... but running this guy off was straight stupid... I mean RIDICULOUSLY STUPID.

When word got out that Storr was being told to move on, I said he is the one guy from St. John's I would have been standing at his door with a bag to bring him here. He is almost single-handedly getting Wisconsin into the NCAA tournament. And he gives them a chance to get to the 2nd weekend. Otherwise, that time is totally pedestrian. I love his game, and his moxy.
I believe it's come out after that isn't how it went down. Posh and Storr didn't want to come back. Pitino spun it as only wanting Soriano.

Reaction Score
Why is it that year after year B1G hoops is sooooo boring??? Is it me??

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s you. I find it the most boring conference. When Wisconsin was good they ran a beautiful offense but other than that it is basic basketball. Always seems to be missing a certain level of intensity. I can say this, I grew up in CT and was ultimately promoted and moved to Chicago. It’s just different and I used that sense of urgency that most from the northeast kind of get as part of our regional culture to my benefit from a career perspective.

Reaction Score
They just swallowed their whistle on an obvious Edey foul. The fix is in.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin hanging tough. With Edey, you just need to prevent him from loading up and pivoting right. He has basically one move. I don't know if Clingan is a stout enough low post defender to stop it. We might have to score a ton, but we can do that.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin hanging tough. With Edey, you just need to prevent him from loading up and pivoting right. He has basically one move. I don't know if Clingan is a stout enough low post defender to stop it. We might have to score a ton, but we can do that.
Edey gets the most favorable whistle in the country. It’s almost like at half time the B10 office called the officials. He’s gotten away with like 3 fouls in the last 6 minutes. The Big East refs would’ve fouled Clingan out already lol

Reaction Score
Wisconsin just blowing wide open layups, they should be leading
I was gonna say the same, Wisconsin choking around the rim. It's only a 2 point game but it feels like the next Purdue score will be game over.

Reaction Score
Yep, every year. It's by far the most boring major conference and I usually like watching the Mountain West, MVC, A10 more than them.

Reaction Score
I was gonna say the same, Wisconsin choking around the rim. It's only a 2 point game but it feels like the next Purdue score will be game over.
Now they finally do take the lead but this should be a 6-8 lead with Edey getting a breather

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Edey gets the most favorable whistle in the country. It’s almost like at half time the B10 office called the officials. He’s gotten away with like 3 fouls in the last 6 minutes. The Big East refs would’ve fouled Clingan out already lol
Was going to say the same. He gets away with murder on defense.

Reaction Score
Edey rarely makes it past half court getting back on defense. If they play a semi-athletic team that can push the pace they’re toast. The Big 10 is by far the least athletic slowest pace basketball of any of the major conferences. Purdue would have at least 6-7 losses if they played in the Big East or Big 12.

Reaction Score
Edey will be a problem for any team. He is dominating when he gets the ball deep. DC will have a tough time guarding him without fouling. Edey is pretty damn strong.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Wisconsin getting open looks from three and missing, but at this point in game, they could also take open 2s, and they're passing those up.

Reaction Score
Edey rarely makes it past half court getting back on defense. If they play a semi-athletic team that can push the pace they’re toast. The Big 10 is by far the least athletic slowest pace basketball of any of the major conferences. Purdue would have at least 6-7 losses if they played in the Big East or Big 12.
I've been saying it all season I think they get bounced early again, not the first round but they will run into a more athletic team than them again and lose. There's a lot of mid-major teams that are too fast for them, all it takes is a bad shooting night from the Purdue guards.

The Big 10 is not good.

Reaction Score
Man that looked like Edey goaltended when he attempted to rebound that one shot, grabbing the ball on the rim.

Reaction Score
That's clearly off Edey. If they don't flip it the fix is in

Reaction Score
Its off Edey but also they fouled him, so refs sometimes just give the ball to the team that got fouled since they can't add fouls after the fact.

Reaction Score
I've been saying it all season I think they get bounced early again, not the first round but they will run into a more athletic team than them again and lose. There's a lot of mid-major teams that are too fast for them, all it takes is a bad shooting night from the Purdue guards.

The Big 10 is not good.

And KenPom has been rewarding 95% of that conference with Quad One games/wins playing one another.

Freakin Maryland was a Quad One game this year, which is garbage if you've watced Kevin WIllard's squad this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom