Week of 2/19 Other Games | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/19 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This Kentucky team is so weird. They look incredible or like cr@p from game to game, sometimes even half to half.
Teams that play defense like they do, will never go far in the NCAA Tournament. How many times have they allowed 90+ points this season. Their players play like they're already in the G-League.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas looking very good with McCullar out. With Furphy emerging as a star, if they can get something from Timberlake and Jackson they become a more dangerous team.

Reaction Score
If you guys want something to watch before UConn, Bryant at Vermont has been entertaining so far.

Reaction Score
Wow. Georgetown led DePaul by double digits earlier and DePaul now leads by 4 in the second half. How can Georgetown be this bad?

Reaction Score
Wash St follows up a win on the road vs Zona with a loss to sub .500 Arizona St.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Butler/Seton Hall was basically a must win for both teams. Butler is pretty much finished as a bubble team.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Is anyone even playing defense in this game? It may be like 118-112 at the end, in a 40 minute game.
I think Alabama left their defense back in Tuscaloosa...they have up 117 points! Kentucky also played extremely poor defense, giving up 95. Sounds like a run-and-gun NBA game.

Reaction Score
Hurley did after, what?, 3 years? How long has Bennett been coaching?
In fairness to Bennett he did win a title but he had better talent back then compared to now. He's long overdue for an overhaul to his system or hire an offensive x&o's guy to his staff

Reaction Score
If you look closely, FIlipowski starts it by pushing the fan

IMG_2300.jpeg

He not only pushed the kid but he tried to trip him on purpose and that’s how he hurt himself. He threw his leg out on purpose further than a normal step, watch it in slow motion no doubter. His own fault period. He’s a Dick anyway.

Reaction Score
Big L for Gonzaga not figuring out how to make this work

This is 100% on the money. The first sentence of that post you echoed the same thought I had in fractions of a second. I think very highly of Mark Few and that Gonzaga basketball program, but seeing how Hunter Sallis has performed this year must bother Zags fans. Those fans are as diehard as any fanbase in the country.

Reaction Score
View attachment 96875

He not only pushed the kid but he tried to trip him on purpose and that’s how he hurt himself. He threw his leg out on purpose further than a normal step, watch it in slow motion no doubter. His own fault period. He’s a Dick anyway.

This is a lousy take. The fans are rushing the court from all directions and some moron is running at you while not paying attention to where he was going. My guess is that fan will get banned from attending any WF sporting events, and Wake itself gets whacked a half a million dollars because of the mayhem their event mgmt allowed to happen.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
View attachment 96875

Terrible take. He belongs on the court. The fans don’t. As far as I’m concerned he can body slam them and toss them like rag dolls into the stands and that’s all on them. He should be able to walk off the court without contact by anyone. We can’t make this a Duke thing. Fillipowski is a guy who came back to play college ball. I have real respect for that. These fans rushing the court blindly are like thousands of drunk drivers. A menace. If this is going to occur, it has to wait until players are off.

Reaction Score
This is a lousy take. The fans are rushing the court from all directions and some moron is running at you while not paying attention to where he was going. My guess is that fan will get banned from attending any WF sporting events, and Wake itself gets whacked a half a million dollars because of the mayhem their event mgmt allowed to happen.

Terrible take? I’m not saying they’re right but he tried to trip the kid. Like it or not it’s not a take it’s real.

Screw you he got hurt because he tried to trip the kid. If the kid is running into him and he forearms him the kid deserves it. But if you look to add your own policing to an already bad situation by making sure you trip the kid and hurt your foot/ankle then too bad.

Reaction Score
View attachment 96875

Look, I get that we're supposed to hate everything Duke, but if this had happened to Clingan at Creighton, we would rightfully be pissed off at the fan and not blaming the player.

If you get ran up on, your first instinct is to brace yourself, which is exactly what Flipkowski did. But the real issue here is that the WF fans were on the court sprinting at full speed before the final buzzer had even happened. That makes this whole discussion moot, because only one person had the right to be on the court while the game was still happening, and it was not the WF student.

Reaction Score
Terrible take? I’m not saying they’re right but he tried to trip the kid. Like it or not it’s not a take it’s real.

Screw you he got hurt because he tried to trip the kid. If the kid is running into him and he forearms him the kid deserves it. But if you look to add your own policing to an already bad situation by making sure you trip the kid and hurt your foot/ankle then too bad.

Doubling down on the ignorance, eh? Fine. You do you.

Reaction Score
Look, I get that we're supposed to hate everything Duke, but if this had happened to Clingan at Creighton, we would rightfully be pissed off at the fan and not blaming the player.

If you get ran up on, your first instinct is to brace yourself, which is exactly what Flipkowski did. But the real issue here is that the WF fans were on the court sprinting at full speed before the final buzzer had even happened. That makes this whole discussion moot, because only one person had the right to be on the court while the game was still happening, and it was not the WF student.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog