Week of 12/11 Other Games | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Week of 12/11 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Houston lost their 6th or 7th man for the season yesterday but they were going 10 deep already

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Looks like MSU has sorted itself out. Impressive rout of Baylor.

Also, Izzo's kid just came into the game and looks like he's in his mid-40s.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You're watching a replay from yesterday. It's one game, they'll have to do some serious lifting in the Big 10 just to make the tournament.

Reaction Score

Still wondering how good Baylor is because they have had a really weak schedule before MSU. Time will tell.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Based on your comment we are a terrible defensive team. Being that bad how on earth are we rated 10th in the defensive net rankings?
You took from my comment whatever you wanted. I never said we were terrible defensively but we do have holes that could get exploited by a team like UK. Considering guys opposite of AK have had good games against us i think its safe to say its a concern.

Reaction Score
Agree on UK. Very talented guards with quickness and great athletic ability. Make them make shots and give them space would be our only shot, plus having our bigs around the basket when beaten. But when they get it going they look good. Good news is they are UK and will also make mistakes to keep you in the game.
Dont get me wrong i think we beat them because of our experience and the offense we run will take a lot of discipline and experience to deal with and lets face it Squid isnt the greatest X and Os guy and mostly relies on over abundance of talent to win but the talent is there and that makes them dangerous.

Reaction Score
You took from my comment whatever you wanted. I never said we were terrible defensively but we do have holes that could get exploited by a team like UK. Considering guys opposite of AK have had good games against us i think its safe to say its a concern.

Very #concerning.

They play like an AAU team. I can’t imagine thinking that Spencer and Karaban couldn’t play against this Kentucky team. Absurd.

Reaction Score

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Is it me or is college basketball as a whole just down? The level of talent coming up from high school isnt all that great, how many great freshman have there been? I think COVID negatively affected the development of a lot of kids we see in college now.

On a neutral court in a tournament setting at full strength none of these teams will be able to hang.

caw

Reaction Score
Is it me or is college basketball as a whole just down? The level of talent coming up from high school isnt all that great, how many great freshman have there been? I think COVID negatively affected the development of a lot of kids we see in college now.

On a neutral court in a tournament setting at full strength none of these teams will be able to hang.

Yes and no.

The talent coming in is down. I think an additional big cause is the G-League Ignite and Overtime Elite. Last year you are talking the Thompson Twins, Scoot Henderson, Miller and maybe Cissoko.

This year maybe Buzelis and one or two others.

Also seeing a lot of fifth years and sixth years who are physically dominating the sport. I don't think that negatively affected the kids until now.

Reaction Score
Houston lost their 6th or 7th man for the season yesterday but they were going 10 deep already
The Arceneaux injury is a big one for Houston.

He's not a starter, but at 6'6 205, he leads the team in power forward minutes and is the only guy in the frontcourt rotation who can hit an outside shot.

Without Arceneaux, the Cougars will mostly rotate three guys (Francis, Roberts and Tugler) in their two frontcourt positions.

Reaction Score
You're still going? This wasn't just a dream that someone has opinions this bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom