Week of 12/11 Other Games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week of 12/11 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean, sure. But they are still easily a top 10 team. I agree with @Drame on the lack of depth but they are starting to get contributions from the young guys.

With Houston holding on against a meh A&M team, are they the new #1? Is it UConn? Kansas? Purdue? I think Houston is in for a rude awakening in the Big XII. Right now UConn, Kansas, Purdue and Arizona look like the 1 seeds.
Kansas is good. I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise.

I just don't think they're Title Tier this year.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Memphis/Clemson was a good game. I think Hardaway has done a great job this season. The last 90 seconds of this game was a chess match that Hardaway won. Quinerly was completely out of control last season on Alabama, and is finally, at 25, close to the player people expected when he came out of high school. Hardaway deserves a lot of credit for that.
aside from uconn, im taking fau and memphis over anyone else in the church league in march. american pow6r!

Los Angeles Lakers Basketball GIF

Reaction Score
Arizona had no business being ranked this high anyway.
I mean, they did win in Cameron, which despite Duke being pretty mediocre at this stage of the year is still an accomplishment. And they wrecked everybody else, including Michigan State (not great, but they just killed Baylor) and Wisconsin (also inconsistent, but beat Marquette by dubs and slaughtered Virginia).

I think an undefeated team with that resume makes sense at #1 (over, say, Houston, who beat no one), though I think they were jumped too high for the Duke victory. I thought that even when I thought Duke would be a Top 10 team all season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas is good. I wasn't trying to suggest otherwise.

I just don't think they're Title Tier this year.
It’s hard to know. I think their depth is an issue for winning 6 games, but if the kids start contributing that can change and those three seniors know how to win.

Still lots of season to go, some other teams may still emerge. Freaking San Diego State got to a title game last year. They sure weren’t title tier.

Reaction Score
Probably 5?

You'd think it should be something like:

1. Purdue
2. Kansas
3. Houston
4. UConn
5. Arizona

I'd swap UConn and Houston, and you can't put UConn ahead of Kansas yet with the head to head.
Been thinking about this a lot - I’d be surprised if we jump Arizona. We should jump Houston but idk. Unfortunately we might stick at 5

Reaction Score
A fine showing at Purdue for Zona but I guess it shouldn’t be that big of a surprise they were down double digits at times. Zona was hanging its hat on early wins against Duke and MSU which have turned out to be very mediocre.
I would've completely agreed with you this morning, but Michigan State looked INCREDIBLE vs Baylor today

Reaction Score
The AP should be interesting next week, is Houston the new number one while having not played any top teams? I’ve seen voters say they don’t want to punish teams playing these big non conference games.

Reaction Score
Northeastern leads Virginia late but a phantom foul just took one of their players off the court.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
aside from uconn, im taking fau and memphis over anyone else in the church league in march. american pow6r!

Not the team who smoked your daddy on a neutral?

Reaction Score
Been thinking about this a lot - I’d be surprised if we jump Arizona. We should jump Houston but idk. Unfortunately we might stick at 5
Who knows. We beat a Top 10 team by double figures on the road and they lost a not super close game to the #3 team. I think it would be pretty silly to keep them above us, but I've been wrong before, particularly around Arizona's ranking this year relative to us.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Do you guys play Bowling Green? Toledo? Cleveland State? Youngstown State?

Is there an Ohio team out there that you guys can beat?
Add Akron and Ohio U.
Maybe even THE OSU.
Lots of opportunities.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Good news @kobe. Cincinnati is at least third best in state behind X and Dayton.
They're nowhere near the third best team in Ohio. They went with the wussiest OOC schedule I've ever seen. Their next three opponents are Merrimack, Stetson, and Evansville.

Reaction Score

That will give you something to watch in March since once again your lame excuse of a squad will be at home. Or maybe they will accept that CBI bid this year???

caw

Reaction Score
They're nowhere near the third best team in Ohio. They went with the wussiest OOC schedule I've ever seen. Their next three opponents are Merrimack, Stetson, and Evansville.

Yeah I wrote that wrong I think. I meant because they don’t play anymore games against Ohio teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom