Week of 11/27 Other Games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Week of 11/27 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Does Jay Wright consider unretiring?

He might to finish the year if they make a decision to let Neptune go soon. While I am sure Wright is loyal to Neptune, he is also one of the best coaches of all time and he has to see that Neptune is not cut out for this. His loyalty to Villanova may trump his loyalty to Neptune.

Villanova has to make a move even if Wright won't do it. Neptune is no longer viable as a head coach, and therefore is no longer viable as a recruiter. A roster can clear out very quickly in the NIL/Transfer Portal era, so Villanova shouldn't wait until the end of the season to address this.

Reaction Score
Arkansas might get ranked next week because of their win, but as it stands they just lost consecutive games to unranked teams including a REALLY bad Georgia Tech

They're #7 now, you'd have to think that they are at risk of dropping out of the top 25 completely. Best case scenario in the 20s. They get Baylor in a few weeks, otherwise they don't have an opportunity for a good win until February

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Kentucky would be in deep trouble this year without Reed Sheppard. With him, they’re a dangerous team

Reaction Score
Kentucky can't complete the comeback, and UNC Wilmington wins it at Rupp Arena!

Wire to wire win for UNCW. They led for about 35 minutes today. Who saw that one coming? lol

It looked like Kentucky players’ NIL checks cashed before this game. Played apathetic and got out hustled & outmuscled. The UNC-W guard was out rebounding Kentucky’s trees.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score
How the hell did Nova beat Memphis??!?
Hardaway doesn't coach. He let his team repeatedly try to ISO and dribble drive Nova in the first half. It was pathetic. Villanova was feasting with the help defense, since they were telegraphing it a mile away.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Wire to wire win for UNCW. They led for about 35 minutes today. Who saw that one coming? lol
KY was barely in it. Yikes. I didn't know enough about the non big east teams but it seems like a case of 'big name recognition' in much of this year's early top 25.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Watching the game I actually thought UNCW was a good team…then I looked at what they’ve done in the rest of their games thus far and it’s very very ugly

Reaction Score
Watching the game I actually thought UNCW was a good team…then I looked at what they’ve done in the rest of their games thus far and it’s very very ugly
They were taking, and making, a lot of really tough shots down the stretch. If you simulate the last 5 minutes 100 times, Kentucky probably wins 70 of them. Unfortunately for them today was one of the 30

Reaction Score

When the Cats briefly took the lead (over a CAA team!) in the last 10 minutes, the fans in Rupp celebrated like they had just made the round of 32. How the mighty have fallen.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
They were taking, and making, a lot of really tough shots down the stretch. If you simulate the last 5 minutes 100 times, Kentucky probably wins 70 of them. Unfortunately for them today was one of the 30
That dude White was taking it to Edwards

Reaction Score
There seems to be a lot of big losses with highly ranked and notable teams, way more than usual?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It looked like Kentucky players’ NIL checks cashed before this game. Played apathetic and got out hustled & outmuscled. The UNC-W guard was out rebounding Kentucky’s trees.

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Kentucky was special when Calipari was willing to cheat at a level that other coaches weren't. Now that it isn't cheating to pay players, Calipari is not that special anymore.

Reaction Score
Yes, you are the 2nd poster that misunderstood my comment. I was just stating that while Marquette lost to Wisky, another BE team, Providence, had already beaten them.

Obviously, I should have made it clearer. :rolleyes:
I was responding specifically to your post about how the big east is "now 3-4" in the big east-big 12 challenge "after the Marquette loss." Marquette hasn't played in the Big East-Big 12 challenge yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom