Week of 11/13 Other Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week of 11/13 Other Games

Reaction Score
Kansas looks tough. Dickenson had 25 pts and 21 rebounds. More concerning from a UConn perspective that at a listed 7"2 and 260 he played 37 minutes. Clingan has to ramp up the stamina and the minutes as the competition builds.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas looks tough. Dickenson had 25 pts and 21 rebounds. More concerning from a UConn perspective that at a listed 7"2 and 260 he played 37 minutes. Clingan has to ramp up the stamina and the minutes as the competition builds.
He plays those minutes because he has to. There’s really nobody but Parker Braun behind him and he’s carrying a bigger offensive load than DC (and is a much more skilled player on the offensive end).

Reaction Score
Dickinson is a huge guy but Clingan is a significantly larger human than him.

Reaction Score
BE is up 3-2 in the Gavitt games:

Xavier v Purdue
SJU v Michigan
Marquette
v Illinois
PC v Wisconsin
Creighton v Iowa

But a 4-4 tie looks likely:

Gtown v Rutgers
Butler v MSU
Nova
v Maryland

Unofficial tiebreaker is the Empire Classic on saturday:
UConn v Indiana

Reaction Score
I work with some Syracuse grads and kept referring to their game with Colgate yesterday as a rivalry game, glad I ended up being right in how close those two are these days

Reaction Score
I mean, it appears they’re pretty much the same size. Clingan probably has an inch or bit more on him.
Dickinson was measured at 7' even barefoot and a little less than 260 lbs. at the combine a couple years back. He's been listed at 260 since his soph year, so seem reasonable to me.

Clingan has a camp measurement from 2020 that listed him at 7'2 with 9'6" standing reach and 7'6" wingspan and consistent reports from end of last year and this summer are that he grew more since arriving on campus. Another player at that same camp was eventually listed in college at 2" taller than the measurement, so I'm guessing that may have been barefoot. The Anthony article from this summer specifically mentioned 7'3" was barefoot for Clingan. He's listed at 280 lbs this year, up 15 lbs from last year at 265. This fall, Hurley said "Obviously, he's 7-foot-3 and 290 pounds, or around there..." He looks like he gained more than 15 from just my simple looking at him, so I'd lean 290. We know from interviews the staff tracks the players weights pretty closely over the summer, so I'm guessing that Hurley off the cuff number is probably pretty close.

In summary, I am pretty sure Clingan has 2-3 inches and 20-30 or pounds on Dickinson.

Dickinson measured 9'1.0” standing reach and 7'3.35" wingspan at the aforementioned combine, so Clingan has 3-5" of reach on him as well.

Reaction Score
Dickinson was measured at 7' even barefoot and a little less than 260 lbs. at the combine a couple years back. He's been listed at 260 since his soph year, so seem reasonable to me.

Clingan has a camp measurement from 2020 that listed him at 7'2 with 9'6" standing reach and 7'6" wingspan and consistent reports from end of last year and this summer are that he grew more since arriving on campus. Another player at that same camp was eventually listed in college at 2" taller than the measurement, so I'm guessing that may have been barefoot. The Anthony article from this summer specifically mentioned 7'3" was barefoot for Clingan. He's listed at 280 lbs this year, up 15 lbs from last year at 265. This fall, Hurley said "Obviously, he's 7-foot-3 and 290 pounds, or around there..." He looks like he gained more than 15 from just my simple looking at him, so I'd lean 290. We know from interviews the staff tracks the players weights pretty closely over the summer, so I'm guessing that Hurley off the cuff number is probably pretty close.

In summary, I am pretty sure Clingan has 2-3 inches and 20-30 or pounds on Dickinson.

Dickinson measured 9'1.0” standing reach and 7'3.35" wingspan at the aforementioned combine, so Clingan has 3-5" of reach on him as well.
I want to see Clingan destroy Dickinson. Kentucky didn't have anyone who could match up against Dickinson or even slow him down. I feel like Clingan and Sampson can keep him in check.

Reaction Score
I mean, it appears they’re pretty much the same size. Clingan probably has an inch or bit more on him.
I can only go off my eyes and the combine measurements from Dickinson. Clingan looks significantly bigger to me and if it's true Clingan really measures at 7'3 barefoot now he's got Dickinson by 3 inches. His wingspan is probably close to a half foot bigger than Dickinson's. He's just a larger framed guy than him.

Reaction Score
I can only go off my eyes and the combine measurements from Dickinson. Clingan looks significantly bigger to me and if it's true Clingan really measures at 7'3 barefoot now he's got Dickinson by 3 inches. His wingspan is probably close to a half foot bigger than Dickinson's. He's just a larger framed guy than him.
Yeah, I mean I don’t think he’s 7’3 without shoes, @auror said its possible he was 7’2 w/o shoes. Dickinson is listed at 7’2, i’d guess he’s about 7’1 with shoes and 275ish. Either way we’ll see in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I mean I don’t think he’s 7’3 without shoes, @auror said its possible he was 7’2 w/o shoes. Dickinson is listed at 7’2, i’d guess he’s about 7’1 with shoes and 275ish. Either way we’ll see in a few weeks.
The 7'2 measurement is from the Top Dog Camp over 3 years ago, they never said if it was barefoot or in shoes. The 9'6 standing reach and 7'6 wingspan was taken at the same time. The 7'3 barefoot measurement is what's been written about currently.

Reaction Score
For those interested, Andre's brother Marcus plays for UAlbany, and they're on FS1 right now vs. Seton Hall. Obviously we have to root Seton Hall for the good of the BE but I hope he has a good game.

Reaction Score
I don't care what exact size Dickinson is, the dude is a GREAT player. 27 points, 21 rebounds, 10-11 from the line! He's a mature man, Clingan is young and still developing. Dickinson can shoot the three, and we know Clingan has a tough time guarding the perimeter. Really looking forward to Donovan meeting the challenge when they play each other.

That Kansas Kentucky game had a ton of talent in it. It was a good watch.

Reaction Score
Ok St with one of the worst fouls I've ever seen. Very obviously fouled a 3 point shooter when they were up 2 with 20 seconds left. They've got last shot now to win it back.

Reaction Score
Nate Santos hit a 3 for Dayton to top LSU. Is that the kid from the Windsor area? Appears he had limited run at Pitt and is now a jr?

Reaction Score
Columbia beat Temple. Princeton (4-0) demolishes Monmouth, who had just beat West Virginia in its last game. Ivy League is good.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Bryant beats #10 FAU. Congrats to new head coach, Phil Martelli Jr.

I think Bryant has upgraded from the erratic and unlikable, Jared Grasso.
This is kind of crazy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom