Week of 1/8/24 Other Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/8/24 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The bigman #10 for Texas A&M has blown so many easy opportunities at the rim by being slow on the gather and uncoordinated at the rim
Hahaha, 3 pointer to ice the game for Texas A&M.

Offensive foul called because the defender fell over the shooter's leg when he landed.

This is the 2nd call Kentucky got when the game was iced and over. They got a ghost foul call with a few seconds left in regulation.

Then to make things even more twisted, after the offensive foul, an A&M defender was called for a foul when he knocked into the 3 pt shooter long after the ball left the shooters' hand.

Two of these calls were ridiculous

Reaction Score
It's unreal. I mean an offensive foul on a made three lol
And then they go and call a defensive foul on the Aggies on Reed Shephard’s 3 point attempt. It was a light scrape coming down from the contest. Never seen such blatant one sided officiating. Feel bad for the Aggies actually but they look like they are going to pull through

Reaction Score
Hahaha, 3 pointer to ice the game for Texas A&M.

Offensive foul called because the defender fell over the shooter's leg when he landed.

This is the 2nd call Kentucky got when the game was iced and over. They got a ghost foul call with a few seconds left in regulation.

Then to make things even more twisted, an A&M was called for a foul when he knocked into the 3 pt shooter long after the ball left the shooters' hand.

Two of these calls were ridiculous
Dude that is offensive foul in both college and the NBA, you can't kick your leg that far out like that. Now i will say the refs need to be consistent on both ends because Dillingham got away with doing the same in the 2nd half when an A&M defender blocked his shot and he kicked out his leg causing the defender to fall over.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize Tre Mitchell was still playing college ball.

Reaction Score
Texas A&M getting anti home jobbed.
Kentucky is the darling of CBB. Wouldn’t be surprised if some of that Kentucky NIL pot finds it’s way to a few zebras…

Reaction Score
Dude that is offensive foul in both college and the NBA, you can't kick your leg that far out like that. Now i will say the refs need to be consistent on both ends because Dillingham got away with doing the same in the 2nd half when an A&M defender blocked his shot and he kicked out his leg causing the defender to fall over.
He didn’t even kick his leg out. He was fairly vertical with both legs

Reaction Score
He didn’t even kick his leg out. He was fairly vertical with both legs

Yeah I think everyone understands the rule but that was a pretty normal looking jump shot. If that’s an offensive foul you can call one on every contested jumper.

Reaction Score
That was a terrible call. It happens on most contested jump shot. Newton and Spencer kick their legs out constantly

Reaction Score
Lol y'all can't be objective when it comes to UK/Calipari, I was rooting for A&M to win just like y'all but I'm not gonna ignore what my eyes saw.

If you're reffing that game you call that foul? C'mon. Even Bilas who bends over backwards to justify calls noted how absurd that was. You can call a charge on every contested three if that's a foul. It's about extending your legs unnaturally to initiate contact. It's not just a foul any time their legs touch.

Honestly I thought it was a clock issue when they blew the whistle.

Reaction Score
There is nothing "vertical" about the shooter's legs here, NBA refs made this a point of emphasis with James Harden because he kept raking up 4pt plays and shooting fouls with this same maneuver and it's now trickled down to the college level and they're trying to call it the same

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lots of fouls don’t get called, especially last minute.
Creighton won by making 2 free throws with 12 seconds left, on a good call that was a pretty clear foul

From my perspective it looked like a Creighton player had an arm pushing into the body during the shot, and jumped into his landing space which sent both players to the ground because of the contact. Unless it happened after the buzzer, that’s also a pretty clear foul that should have sent SJU to the line for 2 free throws

But when you blow almost a double digit lead with 10 minutes left, the basketball gods don’t treat you well

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Texas A&M won the game because everybody here resisted the temptation to call them the winner when they were up on KY in regulation. Not even a joke about Tre Mitchell's mom. A gut check, and The Boneyard rose to the challenge.

In addition to 5 road losses now by the top 6 ranked teams this week, Oklahoma adds another from the Top 10 by losing at Kansas.

Don't anybody say anything if WSU gets up on Arizona. Let 'em play.

Reaction Score
If you're reffing that game you call that foul? C'mon. Even Bilas who bends over backwards to justify calls noted how absurd that was. You can call a charge on every contested three if that's a foul. It's about extending your legs unnaturally to initiate contact. It's not just a foul any time their legs touch.

Honestly I thought it was a clock issue when they blew the whistle.
I would but I would keep it consistent on both ends because UK got away it too and was it egregious on UK's side because Dillingham caused the defender to fall on his face and there was no call

Reaction Score
Starting Furphy and playing him more has helped the offense. They still have no depth, which I knew was an issue. Really tough to win six in March that way.

True but it also gives you a guy to attack every possession. He looks like a little boy out their.

Reaction Score
Didn’t watch it but looks like an odd ending in UTST game. Down 4, they hit a 3 with 9 seconds left, then sent to foul line a second later. Hit both to win game

Reaction Score
There is nothing "vertical" about the shooter's legs here, NBA refs made this a point of emphasis with James Harden because he kept raking up 4pt plays and shooting fouls with this same maneuver and it's now trickled down to the college level and they're trying to call it the same

Yeah it's an offensive foul, he was already coming down fine and didn't need to stick his left leg out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom