Week 8 games (Jan. 11-17) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 8 games (Jan. 11-17)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Mikayla Coombs having a very good game for Georgia in a win at TN. She looked incredibly happy doing it. Davemport also a good game for Georgia. So happy for both of them.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gonzaga not having any trouble so far, up 29-10 early in Q2 against Santa Clara.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Michigan has Wisconsin just about doubled up. Maybe the Wolverines should be a dark horse to be Maryland's main competition in the B1G this year?

Reaction Score
Michigan has Wisconsin just about doubled up. Maybe the Wolverines should be a dark horse to be Maryland's main competition in the B1G this year?
I think they are the main competition for sure at this point.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think they are the main competition for sure at this point.
They just seem to be under the radar. Indiana seems to be getting more attention.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Jack's trailing Montana by 5 at the half.
Not looking like NAU's year. Dropped to 3-4 in the Big Sky. Appears the conference title is going thru the state of Idaho this year, Idaho St. and Idaho are #1 and #2 thus far.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
#1, I need this thread on the top of the board, hence my post
#2, I want to give my picks for the big night:
Maryland, VPI, Oregon, A&M, Mercer, Missouri, BYU, Louisville, SC, Arkansas, 'Bama, Texas, NAU, Gonzaga
I have no clue about Idaho or Sacremento....
I lost on the WF game and am winning the Indiana game...
I had the audacity to take a full break from basketball yesterday, to mark the birthday of my dear late brother.

But in looking through the scores:
—LSU over TAMU? Wuuuuuuuuht? Just as a reminder, LSU got completely destroyed by UCF and has a slew of bad losses.
—Arkansas with yet another "limping to glory" outing vs. Florida.
—Apparently the Georgia-Tennessee game will not go down as one of the greatest played games ever (but then again, pretty much par for the course for the modern Lady Vol era).
—Vandy SMH. What else can you say. I really don't want to hear another word of these ridiculous claims about how "great" and "deep" a conference the SEC supposedly is.
—Oregon laid a stinker in Tucson; Arizona with a much needed bounce-back.
—Mississippi State is officially on the struggle bus; Bama is having its best season in forever.

Reaction Score
Not looking like NAU's year. Dropped to 3-4 in the Big Sky. Appears the conference title is going thru the state of Idaho this year, Idaho St. and Idaho are #1 and #2 thus far.
Jacks won their first 3 conference games and are now in the midst of a four-game conference losing streak. I thought the Montana Griz looked really strong last night. They have height and a great free throw shooting team and seem extremely well disciplined. I wouldn't count Montana State out either. We'll see as NAU gets into the soft part of their schedule if they can move up into the top four

Reaction Score
Grand Canyon Antelopes 8-1 and tied with Cal Baptist for the WAC lead play New Mexico State at 2:00 p.m. today and 7:00 p.m. tomorrow. Due to New Mexico state rules and regulations this is a home game for New Mexico State played at Grand Canyon.

The game will be televised on the Lopes TV network.

Looking ahead at the schedule it appears that the Lopes will face Cal Baptist twice later in the season fingers crossed for the conference title.

Mark your calendar for February 19th and 20th 3:00 p.m.mountsin standard time for these important games to be played in Riverside.

Reaction Score
The Cal Baptist games today and tomorrow may also be viewed on the WAC Network for those without access to espn3.

If you haven't seen the Lancers they play the same exciting brand of basketball as the Grand Canyon Antelopes.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm seeing in today's box scores that Andra Espinoza-Hunter had a huge game in Seton Hall's win over Marquette: 25 points, including 7 of 12 from 3.

Was this her first game in a Seton Hall uniform? I haven't been following the situation closely.

Reaction Score
Grand Canyon has their hands full with the Aggies of New Mexico state. the lobes trail 1610 at the end of the first quarter has the Aggies are playing really intense defense.

The Aggies are dominating on the boards 10 to 4 and have held leading scorer Katie Scott to 0 shots.

Reaction Score
New Mexico State Aggies continue to lead 27-22 at the half. Grand Canyon has turned the ball over 10 times and is getting absolutely destroyed on the boards. They have turned the Aggies over 12 times but with no second shots in the first half and a very good Aggie defense the Lopes are finding it very tough going.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Big Night of Big South hoops.... you got the Baptists vs the Methodists... some Baptists vs the Presbyterians.... a couple of VA vs SC battles... and last but not least... the battle of Carolina Tourist hotspots in UNC-Asheville vs Charleston Southern.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'm seeing in today's box scores that Andra Espinoza-Hunter had a huge game in Seton Hall's win over Marquette: 25 points, including 7 of 12 from 3.

Was this her first game in a Seton Hall uniform? I haven't been following the situation closely.
#1- SHAME ON YOU!
#2- She has played 4 games and started all 4 averaging 17.3 pts per game

Reaction Score
After tying the game at the end of regulation the Lopes can't finish the deal and fall to a New Mexico State team that is to be admired. Given the rules and regulations in New Mexico the vagabond Aggies managed to show more intensity and energy than the home Lopes.

Their 61-53 OT victory in Phoenix which was in this weird covid world a home game for them is a testament to their character and resiliency.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I've yelled it from the mountaintops.... and will do it again.... no mid-major produces nail-biters and barnburners quite like the Big South Conference. Campbell pulled out a victory at PC... 62-61. PC was up 59-57 when Campbell nailed a 3 in the corner to go up 60-59. Then PC hits a layup with 1.7 seconds to go up by 1. Then the Camels draw up a great play off the inbound and hit a layup with less than 0.1 on the clock to win 62-61. The same teams play again tomorrow afternoon.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Down in the Bucdome.... UNCA and CSU are in a tight battle 60-59 for the Bucs with 2:43 left in the 4th

Reaction Score
In the rematch, Jack's come out with energy and lead Montana 29-23 at the end of the first quarter.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I had the audacity to take a full break from basketball yesterday, to mark the birthday of my dear late brother.

But in looking through the scores:
—LSU over TAMU? Wuuuuuuuuht? Just as a reminder, LSU got completely destroyed by UCF and has a slew of bad losses.
—Arkansas with yet another "limping to glory" outing vs. Florida.
—Apparently the Georgia-Tennessee game will not go down as one of the greatest played games ever (but then again, pretty much par for the course for the modern Lady Vol era).
—Vandy SMH. What else can you say. I really don't want to hear another word of these ridiculous claims about how "great" and "deep" a conference the SEC supposedly is.
—Oregon laid a stinker in Tucson; Arizona with a much needed bounce-back.
—Mississippi State is officially on the struggle bus; Bama is having its best season in forever.
Our condolences on your loss but keep the happy thoughts and memories of him close to your heart!
No matter how you slice it, even is you use Triad's tried and true formula of "throw out the book in rivalry games", this is a BAD loss for Texas A&M. Their talent dwarf's LSU. While they still are my 2nd place SEC team, I need to reconsider top 10 status and NO WAY are they a final four team contender.
The end of that GA-TN game was atrocious. Neither team wanted the game. Both Burrell and Horston were terrible. Davis still disappears when her team needs her. Please stop any narrative on any of these being elite, great of even 1st team all conference. If they are, it's a matter of ignorance or lack of other good players in the SEC.
'Bama, who by the way, has Myra Gordon on the team, is similar to WSU, not sure how they are doing it but they are. Will it continue, in this case, I do think they can slip into the top 6 and get an NCAAT bid. WSU, I think the bubble has burst as their next games are UCLA, Oregon, OSU, Stanford, Stanford, Cal and UCLA, USC Arizona, ASU which is as brutal as it can come. There's maybe 2 or 3 winnable games in that stretch (Cal, OSU and maybe USC at home).

And also, are TOP 25 votes due by Monday, 11 AM?

Welcome back...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jack's end their four-game conference losing streak with an 89-76 win over the Griz. Reagan Schenk and Nakai combined for 50 points. Schenk's 21 points propel NAU. I can't help but think of Paige and Reagan. Both are outstanding pass first guards but when Reagan looks for her shot it really opens up the entire offense. Nice win for the Jacks who turn the corner in the conference at 4-4.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hate to say it, but UNC-G has to be the most offensively challenged team in all of Division I basketball :(

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Oh dear. Central Arkansas, winless so far in the Southland, has jumped all over second-place Nicholls, 17-5, in the first quarter.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
For those that haven't seen Florida Gulf Coast, they are on ESPN+ against Bellarmine and lead at halftime 38-22 with Kiersten Bell, #8 prospect of 2019 and tOSU transfer playing for FGCU. This team has been a mainstay in the NCAAT and has more than Kiersten to lead them. They should win the A-Sun conference easily. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom