14. Tenn
  15. TAMU

9 LSU @ 8 PnSt // 1 Tex SUG
12 Boi @ 3 OhSt // 7 Clem PCH
11 Mia @ 4 Ga // 6 BYU FIE
10 ISU @ 5 Ala // 2 Ore ROS

Reaction Score
Too bad FAU choked its owl to lose by 4 to North Texas 40, 41-37

"BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) Chandler Morris threw two of his four touchdown passes to DT Sheffield in the final 2:38 to rally North Texas to a 41-37 victory over Florida Atlantic on Saturday night."

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
If transitive properties worked, that would make Montana St. 28 points better than Oregon at this point. They are beating the stuffing out of the Idaho team that hung with the Ducks in Eugene.
That Montana State team is really good. They have an FBS win and they are 7-0 and lighting up FCS. Only one team has stayed within 20 points of them. Saw them when they crushed Maine and they are big, fast, and fundamentally sound.

Obviously they’re not beating Oregon but they are probably a “receiving votes” caliber team if they’re FBS.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That Montana State team is really good. They have an FBS win and they are 7-0 and lighting up FCS. Only one team has stayed within 20 points of them. Saw them when they crushed Maine and they are big, fast, and fundamentally sound.

Obviously they’re not beating Oregon but they are probably a “receiving votes” caliber team if they’re FBS.
Their QB is quite a duel threat, seems like he's been there forever.

I enjoy watching some Big Sky football. At least one of and usually at least two out of Montana, Montana St. and Eastern Washington are really good. Not quite good enough to beat the Missouri Valley teams and claim a National Title, but entertaining to watch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Jerry Kill working magic at Vanderbilt. What could have been... Anyone who says Dave doesn't know football is proven wrong again

Anyone get a quote yet from crazy Bob reflecting on those fateful days before his ouster? Bob take Jerry Kill, he can help you. Nah- my 18 fcs level tight ends plan is totally fine.

Bob update;

Reaction Score
After the huge win, Oregon now has to fly back east for a Friday game.
It’s against awful Purdue, but still upset alert?

Reaction Score
Sean McDonough is insufferable as an announcers.
He chooses to not separate opinion from fact with replays and close calls. And injects stupid levels if drama. The Game has enough natural drama; go with it and don't try to steer it.
McDonough is best in the business.

You must be confusing him with Tessitorr.

Reaction Score
Using only B1G and ACC conference games:

E @ W 2-4 (both E wins @UCLA)

W @ E 3-7
IMG_8037.jpeg

Reaction Score
Poor end of game clock management by Ohio State
I don't really care about Ohio State but they were adversely affected by a penalty that Oregon had due to too many men on the field. They lost precious time as time ran off the clock.

They were talking about this on the Dan Patrick Show today and thought that this rule would be modified to put more time back on the clock for that type of scenario. Seems fair to me.

Reaction Score
I don't really care about Ohio State but they were adversely affected by a penalty that Oregon had due to too many men on the field. They lost precious time as time ran off the clock.

They were talking about this on the Dan Patrick Show today and thought that this rule would be modified to put more time back on the clock for that type of scenario. Seems fair to me.
OhioSt benefited from having a call ruled as completion that should've been an INT.

Reaction Score

That's because they dont' have to play SDSU, SD, ND and NDSU every year.

Reaction Score
not really a reply, but got me thinking --

there's somethin in the beef out there in those 3 states. I would srsly LOVEEE to see all 6 flagship programs make the jump to the Mountain West and see how they do in FBS. They couldn't be any worse than a sun belt, CUSA, or MAC program.

Kennesaw state was not ready but i think these guys would hit the ground running.

Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
ND State
South Dakota
SD State

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
not really a reply, but got me thinking --

there's somethin in the beef out there in those 3 states. I would srsly LOVEEE to see all 6 flagship programs make the jump to the Mountain West and see how they do in FBS. They couldn't be any worse than a sun belt, CUSA, or MAC program.

Kennesaw state was not ready but i think these guys would hit the ground running.

Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
ND State
South Dakota
SD State
It would be interesting. Some schools over the years that were strong 1-AA or FCS programs that moved up like Marshall, Appalachian St. and Georgia Southern have had mediocre success in D1 or FBS competing in non P5 or P4 conferences.

I think if all 6 of those schools jumped up, some would fall by the wayside while others might be fairly competitive.

The one school that kind of defies explanation for moving up is Boise St. I don't think they were ever really dominant when they were in the Big Sky, they had more success in the WAC and Mountain West than they did as a 1-AA program. Who can explain how that happened?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Missouri Valley clearly lays claim to the top conference in FCS, but I think Big Sky is pretty clearly #2.

Reaction Score
Not just losing but losing on the dumbest slide in the history of that program. TF was he thinking. lol
Don’t understand the grief he’s getting. Yes a mistake, but if he slides 1 second earlier, they probably win.

Reaction Score
It would be interesting. Some schools over the years that were strong 1-AA or FCS programs that moved up like Marshall, Appalachian St. and Georgia Southern have had mediocre success in D1 or FBS competing in non P5 or P4 conferences.

I think if all 6 of those schools jumped up, some would fall by the wayside while others might be fairly competitive.

The one school that kind of defies explanation for moving up is Boise St. I don't think they were ever really dominant when they were in the Big Sky, they had more success in the WAC and Mountain West than they did as a 1-AA program. Who can explain how that happened?
They committed to football.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They committed to football.
If all it took was being committed, a whole lot of other schools would share their success. Gotta be more than that. And it wasn't just about having the right coach either, because several coaches in succession did really well there.

Reaction Score
If all it took was being committed, a whole lot of other schools would share their success. Gotta be more than that. And it wasn't just about having the right coach either, because several coaches in succession did really well there.
Maybe research what committed means then come back with the list of "a whole lot of other schools" you're talking about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom