Week 7 - NCAA Football | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 7 - NCAA Football

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sean McDonough is insufferable as an announcers.
He chooses to not separate opinion from fact with replays and close calls. And injects stupid levels if drama. The Game has enough natural drama; go with it and don't try to steer it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Some fun football today. Penn State/USC, Pitt/Cal and OSU/Oregon were all entertaining and relatively well played, and Miss/LSU is a good nightcap.

Illinois/Purdue and Alabama/SC were sloppy messes, but were close.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
The RB for K State (Giddens) has been so impressive against Colorado.

Reaction Score
When you’re a p4 team.
Any G5 team with Miami’s resume wouldn’t be in the top 20.
Well, the great thing is that they play games and we will see how it plays out. They look like a pretty dynamic team to me, that has real talent on the line of scrimmage and one of the better quarterbacks in the country. Still a long way to go for them of course, just like everyone else.

Reaction Score
. Still a long way to go for them of course, just like everyone else.
Not really, when you don’t play anyone good.

Were they dynamic when they barely beat 3-3 VaTech or when they trailed by 20 against 3-3 Cal?

Reaction Score
Not really, when you don’t play anyone good.

Were they dynamic when they barely beat 3-3 VaTech or when they trailed by 20 against 3-3 Cal?
They won the games. You said they won't play a ranked team all year, so they should keep winning then, right? They can win their league and get to the playoff, I'm not sure what else they can really be expected to do. I think people need to start looking at how these games are played now. Crazy, close games are starting to be the rule, especially as these leagues have expanded and you have teams going all over the country, playing teams they never really play, etc. I just don't think that any team needs to apologize for winning anymore. It's too damn crazy these days.

Reaction Score
Ta’Quan Roberson getting in against Colorado. Kansas States’ starting QB went down on a no contact injury.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Roberson in at QB for K State. I anticipate a lot of inside handoffs.

Reaction Score
Some nice late game actions.

Florida loses in OT to TN.
LSU TD beats Ole Miss on their first offensive play in OT
The Ohio States loses on poor clock management.
And Vandy beats Kentucky by a TD for their second straight win.

My personal observation is that there seems to be a lot of holding calls.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
At the end of the Vandy game, they had a corner absolutely going huts. He threw his mouthpiece and then proceeded to walk over and kick the football before Vandy snapped it. Saban would never tolerate something like that, and it will be worth watching to see if the discipline of their program slips some.
I wasn't aware of that kind of stuff being a problem during KDB's tenure at Washington.

Reaction Score
Colorado games always seem to turn into wild shootouts. Have to figure we are headed towards another one.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Texas might be for real, but I'm not sold on anyone else from the SEC. Bama has been very shaky since beating Georgia, and Georgia got all they could handle from 1-5 Mississippi St. today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If transitive properties worked, that would make Montana St. 28 points better than Oregon at this point. They are beating the stuffing out of the Idaho team that hung with the Ducks in Eugene.

Reaction Score
Kansas State wins 31-28 in exciting finish. Give credit to Colorado who played well in spite of Travis Hunter and Jimmy Horn being injured.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom