Week 7 - NCAA Football | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 7 - NCAA Football

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Maybe research what committed means then come back with the list of "a whole lot of other schools" you're talking about.
Well in college athletics, committed usually is directly tied to money. For facilities, for coaching staff, and these days for NIL. In that regard, a lot of schools have funneled more money into their football programs than Boise St. ever did.

If you are referring to cultivating a fundamentally strong and winning culture, I'm not sure if committed is really the word I would use to describe that.

Anyway to me Boise St. football is a bit like Gonzaga men's hoops. An unlikely rise to prominence for 2 programs that are from the same corner of the country. Kind of a lightning in a bottle situation, not easily replicated.

Reaction Score
Well in college athletics, committed usually is directly tied to money. For facilities, for coaching staff, and these days for NIL. In that regard, a lot of schools have funneled more money into their football programs than Boise St. ever did.

If you are referring to cultivating a fundamentally strong and winning culture, I'm not sure if committed is really the word I would use to describe that.

Anyway to me Boise St. football is a bit like Gonzaga men's hoops. An unlikely rise to prominence for 2 programs that are from the same corner of the country. Kind of a lightning in a bottle situation, not easily replicated.
I feel you wanted a longer more nuanced answer. Being committed is all encompassing. It includes everything, every aspect of the program. With proper use of funds. But you see, I'm already bored and not committed to this conversation. For that reason, I'm out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS
Top Bottom