Week 7 games (Jan. 4-10) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 7 games (Jan. 4-10)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
MSU had a chance to tie, but Kate Cain blocks the 3-point attempt and Nebraska completes the upset at the Breslin Center.

The Cornhuskers now have wins over Northwestern, Rutgers and Michigan State in 3 of their last 4 games, with only a 2-point loss at Michigan in that stretch. Quite the turnaround from their lackluster play to start the season. Expect them to get some top 25 votes come Monday.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
MSU had a chance to tie, but Kate Cain blocks the 3-point attempt and Nebraska completes the upset at the Breslin Center.

The Cornhuskers now have wins over Northwestern, Rutgers and Michigan State in 3 of their last 4 games, with only a 2-point loss at Michigan in that stretch. Quite the turnaround from their lackluster play to start the season. Expect them to get some top 25 votes come Monday.
@DefenseBB may have to delay firing their coach. Heck, better extend her contract.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
While I do think that Amy Williams has not lived up to the hype, it's not as if she's tops on my list of coaches who need to go, she's not even in the top 2 of the Big10 watch currently occupied by Sharon Versyp and Jonathan Tsipis. She keeps it up though, she could fall to 4th behind Lindsey Whalen... ;)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
While I do think that Amy Williams has not lived up to the hype,
Was there hype around Amy Williams? I must have missed that news cycle :rolleyes:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Was there hype around Amy Williams? I must have missed that news cycle :rolleyes:
I think you're trolling me and I won't take the bait...

Arrrgghhh, I mean when Yori was let go, the program wanted to bring in one of their own and Amy from South Dakota fame, was touted, YES DAMN IT, TOUTED!!!!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Darn you Plebe...
Season 3 GIF by The Good Place

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Minnesota is trying to lose to Penn St. Whalen is a disaster as a coach.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Minnesota is trying to lose to Penn St. Whalen is a disaster as a coach.
Hey, Carolyn Kieger is a pretty good coach, sounds to me like you are a tad frustrated with Minnie...can't understand why...:rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hey, Carolyn Kieger is a pretty good coach, sounds to me like you are a tad frustrated with Minnie...can't understand why...:rolleyes:
I'm not actively rooting for Minnesota, just noting that that once thought great hire is not working out well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One exciting game in the Big South Today... The Lancers of Longwood sink a 3 at the buzzer to stun the mighty Camels of Campbell.... 54-52.

The Powerful Panthers of High Point continue to run through the conference with reckless abandon... improves to 7-1 in the conference after sweeping the weekend series vs Winthrop.

Reaction Score
I'm not actively rooting for Minnesota, just noting that that once thought great hire is not working out well.

Yeah, it's definitely looking like a hire that won't pan out. To be fair to both Minnesota and Penn State, they both had their leading scorers leave the program within the past year. Destiny Pitts and Kamaria Daniels both leaving had to be a blow.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's definitely looking like a hire that won't pan out. To be fair to both Minnesota and Penn State, they both had their leading scorers leave the program within the past year. Destiny Pitts and Kamaria Daniels both leaving had to be a blow.
Keiger will get Penn State turned around...just give it time. Whalen? I dunno.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom