Week 6 games (Dec. 28 – Jan. 3) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 6 games (Dec. 28 – Jan. 3)

Reaction Score
Speaking of Green Bay, they continue to struggle as Oakland takes them to OT erasing an 11 point deficit heading into the 4th Quarter.

Reaction Score
Green Bay escapes a buzzer beater from Oakland in OT after building a nice lead and nearly giving it away again. Good win for the Phoenix.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hey @Plebe not sure how motivated you are but the Cal vs. ASU game is now scheduled for 5:30 Pacific Time (8:30 pm) tonight if you want to update the schedule. Nice win by Drake today...and Happy New Year to you my fine colleague!!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Hey @Plebe not sure how motivated you are but the Cal vs. ASU game is now scheduled for 5:30 Pacific Time (8:30 pm) tonight if you want to update the schedule. Nice win by Drake today...and Happy New Year to you my fine colleague!!!
I appreciate that and have updated the schedule accordingly. I did catch just a few minutes of this game a bit earlier, right after Stanford's blowout of Arizona came mercifully to an end, and ASU was accomplishing the all-but-impossible task of making Cal look like a decent team.

Reaction Score
Two more excellent games today January 2nd for the schedule.

NAU faces Idaho for the second time in 48 hours. This is a 12:00 Mountain Standard Time tip off on Pluto TV 1058. Thursday NAU exploded for 33 first quarter points in route to a 22 point win over Idaho who is picked to win the Big Sky conference. I think the rematch will be much closer and don't anticipate that the Jacks will come out as hot.

The second rematch is a Mountain West game between high scoring New Mexico Lobos and the Nevada Wolf pack. That game is on Mountain West Network and tips at 2:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.

In this battle of the wolves I'm actually picking Nevada. Like NAU the Lobos exploded in the first quarter Thursday for 28 first quarter points but Nevada played them even the rest of the game. This one should be exciting one.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Nicholls and Sam Houston State in a barn burner. Nicholls leads 75-73, 4:24 left, in Nicholls' conference opener.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Nicholls takes control of the Southland Conference standings with an 89-82 victory over the visiting Sam Houston State Bearkats at historic Stopher Gymnasium. It's the first victory against a Division I opponent for Nicholls on the season.

This game was tight most of the way, with 7 ties and 9 lead changes, and featured 58 personal fouls and 54 turnovers.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Sat., Jan. 2...
Saint Mary’s at #22 Gonzaga (5p)
Hey Plebe andn @Shades any idea where this game could be found? I did try my rudimentary search skill but to no avail, looking to see if you have any ideas?

Thanks,
DefenseBB

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Hey Plebe andn @Shades any idea where this game could be found? I did try my rudimentary search skill but to no avail, looking to see if you have any ideas?

Thanks,
DefenseBB

Try this link. It makes you watch a short WCC commercial first, but then the game comes on.

The way I found it was to google for Gonzaga WBB, scroll down and click on Gonzaga's own sports site, and go to the pregame story about the game. It has a link to the live stream near the top. This same technique works to find most NCAA games that are streamed or televised, as most schools have a similarly organized web site.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Wow, Gonzaga giving St.Mary's a beat down- 67-36. The broadcast says it is on "Stadium" which my Sling package has but this game is not listed.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Thanks,
DefenseBB
At the time I assembled my list, no video streaming info was listed on the team websites. Sometimes it gets added late, either to the online schedule or in a tweet. It looks like the Zags’ Twitter account, for example, did provide a streaming link today:

Sorry I’m so late getting to this question. I was in a woodworking class most of the day :)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not a big game, but Iowa is rolling Illinois 19-6 about midway thru Q1. Clark has 8 already. Is she on pace to be the highest scoring Freshman ever? At least since the NCAA has sponsored WCBB I would guess.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA @ Oregon is probably the game of the day in the Pac 12, but Washington St. @ Colorado is the one I have my eye on. Can the Cougs keeps winning? A road sweep, even over the Mountain Schools, would be huge for WSU. For Colorado a pair of wins over the weekend would certainly give them a leg up on finishing at the top of the bottom half of the conference standings.

edit--13-8 WSU approaching end of Q1

Plebe

Reaction Score
UCLA @ Oregon is probably the game of the day in the Pac 12, but Washington St. @ Colorado is the one I have my eye on. Can the Cougs keeps winning? A road sweep, even over the Mountain Schools, would be huge for WSU. For Colorado a pair of wins over the weekend would certainly give them a leg up on finishing at the top of the bottom half of the conference standings.

edit--13-8 WSU approaching end of Q1
UCLA-Oregon is the game of the day in the NCAA. The only top 10 matchup going on today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cougs starting to run away 33-19. Cant say I was much impressed w/ the Buffs on Friday, so not a total surprise.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
UCLA-Oregon is the game of the day in the NCAA. The only top 10 matchup going on today.
I don’t know, this MSU game with Kentucky is pretty freakin good with both teams just outside of top 10...plus, I don’t think I had UCLA in my top 10 so..
i dont like you lucille ball GIF

Plebe

Reaction Score
I don’t know, this MSU game with Kentucky is pretty freakin good with both teams just outside of top 10...plus, I don’t think I had UCLA in my top 10 so..
Just because it's a close game doesn't mean it's a good game. Howard is merely benefiting from terrible defensive lapses by Mississippi State. It's not Vic's team anymore.

I didn't have UCLA in my top 10 either, but I can confidently say the Bruins would destroy either of these teams at this stage.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A couple of "someone has to win" stinkers today--Washington vs. Utah in the Pac 12 and Minnesota vs. Wisconsin in the B1G.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Purdue on a 15-4 run in Q3 to pull within 1 of Michigan St.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe Iowa's defense got a lot better, or more likely Illinois is just really bad. 83-45 Hawkeyes thru Q3. Clark stopped scoring for a while but is up to 18, Warnock also has 18.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Iowa has 96 w/ 7 minutes left. I think they're gonna crack the century mark.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's the older Leger-Walker leading the way today, Washington St. up 13 midway thru Q4. Cougs are looking like one of the bigger stories of the year to me, they had literally no expectations this year and are about to go to 4-1 in conference (and Oregon dodged a bullet handing them their lone loss).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Buffs whittling away at the lead a little, but still down 8 w/ about 2 minutes left.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom