Week 6 Dec 11 to Dec 17, 2023 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 6 Dec 11 to Dec 17, 2023

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Actually, it is different.

UConn is playing a road game in Canada as a homecoming event to honor a Canadian player who is a senior this year. These homecoming games are a Geno Auriemma tradition. Safe to say he's not taking his team to Canada just to find an easy opponent. I'm sure he would've loved to schedule a D1 opponent in the Toronto area if one existed.
Was supposed to be Pitt but new coach backed out. UConn tried to find another US team to play but couldn't find one.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Was supposed to be Pitt but new coach backed out. UConn tried to find another US team to play but couldn't find one.

I was just thinking that I bet Geno tried to get someone to travel there as Duquesne did for Kia's homecoming.

Well, god bless Lance White and shame on Tory Verdi. Yet another reason to root against them this year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I was just thinking that I bet Geno tried to get someone to travel there as Duquesne did for Kia's homecoming.

Well, god bless Lance White and shame on Tory Verdi. Yet another reason to root against them this year.
Carly Clarke, TMU’s coach, was Aaliyah’s coach for the Canadian U23 team.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Saniya Rivers was out again today for NC State in their 66-54 win over South Florida. According to Coach Moore, her back has not responded to treatment.

River Baldwin notched her second double-double of the season, with 16 points and 11 rebounds.

Reaction Score
That Clemson team that beat the Duck blue devils? Yeah, they just lost to Georgia State at home.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So the ACC lost their conference challenges to both the SoCon and Sun Belt today.

Game-winner by Wofford's Rachael Rose to beat Virginia:

My Terriers

BOSS_Blitz_III_2014_86_EDITED_CROP.jpg

You mess around with a dog too long, hes gonna end up biting you in the end.

Clemson makes me mad.. Dog walk Duke. Lose to Georgia State.

Not sue what to think of Georgia Tech. I thought UGA was a solid probable NCAA tourney squad.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not sue what to think of Georgia Tech. I thought UGA was a solid probable NCAA tourney squad.
Are you actually missing an opportunity to invoke your signature slogan for an in-state rivalry game? Where is the real Triad and what have you done with him?

Reaction Score
Purdue got stomped by ND by 30, following an early season loss to UCLA by 30.
Boilers beat TAMU by double digits and had close losses to Ga, Fla, Minn.

Hard to know what to make of the Aggies. 9-1 but cupcake city, other than a win over Kansas. And then the loss to a mediocre Purdue.

Would’ve thought we would see more improvement from TAMU with Rogers Coulibaly Ware Barker.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Hard to know what to make of the Aggies. 9-1 but cupcake city, other than a win over Kansas. And then the loss to a mediocre Purdue.

Would’ve thought we would see more improvement from TAMU with Rogers Coulibaly Ware Barker.
The Aggies' win over Cal may be roughly as significant as the win over Kansas.

For some reason both NET and Massey are showing a lot of love for the Aggies.

There are so many teams that are hard to evaluate right now because of such mixed results among scarce meaningful data points.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
There are ranked teams that try to schedule out of conference games that challenge you to get ready for conference play and then there are some that schedule out of conference games to get wins to bump up your record for the NCAA Tournament. Here is an example of two such teams.

UConn who currently has the #1 SoS according to Massey Ratings and LSU who currently has the #74 SoS. *is for the Toronto Met game scheduled in Toronto for AE's homecoming game.

Teams played or scheduled that are rated 300+ UConn 1*--- LSU 5
Teams played or scheduled rated 200-299 UConn 1 --- LSU 5
Teams played or scheduled rated 100-199 UConn 6 --- LSU 2
Teams played or scheduled rated 26 - 99 UConn 12 -- LSU 15
Teams played or scheduled rated 1 - 25 UConn 11 -- LSU 3

Reaction Score

If they are 9-1 now and went 9-20 last year I'd say they are on pace to make a lot of improvement.

I will say UGA only had that one season of really contending during her tenure so I wasn't really expecting earth shaking things.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Some Cougar on Cougar violence as Houston has made the journey to The Palouse to take on Washington St. I bet @Plebe is paying attention to this game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The schedule isn't much, but TCU improved to 11-0. Will be interesting to see how they do once they get into conference play.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Some Cougar on Cougar violence as Houston has made the journey to The Palouse to take on Washington St. I bet @Plebe is paying attention to this game.
The "Coogs" versus the "Cougs" :)

My hopes are not high. Wazzu is coming off a bad loss to Washington, so I expect them not to have a second down game in a row. Houston doesn't have much to offer these days.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The "Coogs" versus the "Cougs" :)

My hopes are not high. Wazzu is coming off a bad loss to Washington, so I expect them not to have a second down game in a row. Houston doesn't have much to offer these days.
I haven't paid much attention, but your Cougs are 8-1.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I haven't paid much attention, but your Cougs are 8-1.
My "Coogs" are 8-1 against a dreadful schedule, almost as bad as UW's (okay, equally as bad after this game).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My "Coogs" are 8-1 against a dreadful schedule, almost as bad as UW's (okay, equally as bad after this game).
Yeah, I'm really unimpressed with who the Dawgs have played so far. Next up they're gonna get a Louisville team that is probably madder than a hornet after what the other Huskies did to them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, that got totally out of hand. Wazzu was up 40 in the 4th quarter. Leger-Walker's scoring is way down this season, but she got I believe her 2nd triple double already.

edit--oof, 88-43 w/ 5 minutes left

Reaction Score
Respectfully, this Sunday's matchups were among the worst in this early season. Just in terms of top 25 games. There are some good games tomorrow though

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
South Dakota St. doesn't seem to be up to their usual level this year, they got hammered by Gonzaga today.

Viriginia Tech beat Rutgers handily. RU's uptick a couple years ago appears to have been an apparition.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I accidentally found myself thinking maybe Arizona St. would be better than I expected this year, based on some of their OOC results. Well, Arizona is demolishing them. A bit early to say they have 12th place in the Pac 12 locked up, but it will be very surprising if anyone else finishes in the cellar.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Respectfully, this Sunday's matchups were among the worst in this early season. Just in terms of top 25 games. There are some good games tomorrow though
It's called finals. Yes, even in this era, we still must occasionally prioritize the student in "student-athlete."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom