week 5 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

week 5

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In Big South vs Southern Action today, the Big South went 2-0. Two throw out the record book games. @nwhoopfan

UNC-Asheville defeated my Catamounts of Western Carolina 59-48 in the battle of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

USC-Upstate defeated Furman 61-58 in the battle of the Upstate.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
History will be made today when My Spartans of UNCG face off against Husky Nan's Elon Phoenix.

UNCG WBB plays their home games on campus in a 2,320 seat gym. The men's team moved their games to the Coliseum probably 10 years ago. Gonna be interesting to see the shooting numbers tomorrow playing in a cavernous arena. Part of a doubleheader as the men's squads face off afterwards. The weather is supposed to be really nasty today, that might deter some who otherwise might attend.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
We had a bad thunderstorm around 4 am this morning...knocking out cable and Internet service, which both just came back up. I was actually starting to panic that I wouldn't be able to watch today's WCBB action.

Am I becoming an addict?

Reaction Score
Y'all are ignoring THE most important game of the day - Kentucky vs Louisville. The Yum Center will be rocking with 13,000-14,000 fans, most wearing red but more than a few wearing blue. It's "throw out the records" time.

Reaction Score
Made it to Mohegan for the triple header. First game -ucla vs FSU just ended .Observations of UCLA is that they are as good as advertised. They had about 5 players in double figures and Jaquez had 8. Everyone got an opportunity to do their thing. They scored both inside and out ( I know fsu is pretty small). Betts was pretty great in the first half and Kiki Rice poetically picked her spots. I watched her in pregame and she really can shoot. IDK if last year was an abberation but it's like she learned how to shoot in a year. I did think Dugalic took some poor shots and no one could really stop Latson but I was impressed.
For FSU, they really just got off to a bad start. They competed the whole night. Latson was pretty great and there other guards played well. They just couldn't score inside and were playing catch up.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Liberty's Emma Hess hit a mid-court shot at the 1st quarter horn against NC State. You have to see it.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
A leak at midcourt has caused a suspension of the Liberty/NC State game at the start of the 4th quarter. NC State leads 60-47. There has been heavy rain all afternoon in the Raleigh area.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Arkansas lost to Arkansas-Pine Bluff!

edit--APB is 4-7 and has losses to heavyweights Tulsa, Arkansas St. and North Texas

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Zoe Brooks had only the second triple double in NC State history today. 13 points..11 rebounds...10 assists. The only other one was by Tynesha Lewis in 2001.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't have Pac 12 Network. Washington is leading Washington St. 10-2 at the end of Q1. That must be a painful game to watch.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
FGCU thought they were going to come into Cameron and walk away with another upset victory over a Triangle svhool?

source.gif

The good guys win 82-63. Double O with 18 pts (3-3 from 3), 5 rebounds, and 5 steals

edit--APB is 4-7 and has losses to heavyweights Tulsa, Arkansas St. and North Texas

Flagship vs Land Grant HBCU with something to prove.... you know how that goes

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Saylor Poffenbarger had another double double.

Reaction Score
Game 2, sc vs Utah assessment. I was pretty impressed with Utah. Alissa Pili.. I stan. 37 points and she was in foul trouble for much of the game. She is so skilled. I guess it's obvious from her free throw and 3pt shooting percentages but she really has a nice touch. For sure she gets blocked a couple times because of size but all of the south Carolina bigs had problems with her. I was also encouraged by their "others". McQueen, Viera and Young played great. If they get Isabel Palmer back they can still compete at a high level. Like potentially get to a final four.

I thought South Carolina played well. It was probably Raven Johnson's first bad game of the season but mostly everyone that played, played well. I loved that kitts took a couple jump shots and knocked them down. I thought Watkins came in and played well. Then I think Paopao was pretty great down the stretch. Her last bucket Dawn yelled for her to get the ball and then she went into a pick and roll and hit a tough floater. I knew Fulwiley is good and Dawn has said some high praise things. Seeing her in person, I get it more. She stands out on a team with a lot of great players.
Having seen UCLA just a couple hours before, SC may be the second best team in the country, respectfully.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Good thing Washington was up 20 at the half. Wazzu got within 2 inside 30 seconds left, but Dawgs hang on 60-55.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Saylor Poffenbarger had another double double.
She had 10 rebounds but unfortunately Pine Bluff got 22 offensive rebounds.

A name for UAPB that some may find familiar is Zaay Green, formerly a Vol, whose desultory path has led her to southern Arkansas. 21 points today in the big win.

Reaction Score
She had 10 rebounds but unfortunately Pine Bluff got 22 offensive rebounds.

A name for UAPB that some may find familiar is Zaay Green, formerly a Vol, whose desultory path has led her to southern Arkansas. 21 points today in the big win.
It was great to APB beat Arkansas. Watched their game vs Oregon State and they play hard for each other. Such a typical Arkansas team. Does anyone know what happened to Jersey Wolfenbager?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom