week 5 | The Boneyard

week 5

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
South Dakota St. gave Washington St. all they could handle in Brookings. Cougs are winning games without Leger-Walker scoring all that much it appears.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Jaz Shelley is on triple double watch. Just needs 1 more rebound and has a whole quarter to do it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ya gotta find the shooters on defense! Frida Formann went 7-10 behind the arc for Colorado today. Madison Conner hit 9-19 for TCU.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think Jody Wynn is coaching Washington again. 22 TO's tonight and 4-19 behind the arc. Up 54-48 against Montana St. with a few tics left on the clock. After a hot start the offense has been bad, bad, bad for weeks now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Washington improves to 9-0 for only 2nd or 3rd time in school history, but I'm not feeling great about it. They've played no one. We'll get an actual idea of what kind of team they are in their next game against Wazzu. Cougs love an ugly grinder type of game. Game is in Pullman. Then they get St. Mary's before a trip east to visit Louisville.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
19/10/11 for Shelley as Nebraska absolutely throttled UNC Wilmington (is that about #16 on your list of schools @triaddukefan ?).

Reaction Score
Iowa at Iowa State Wednesday.
Iowa will be favored, but this is one of those rivalry rock fights.
You'd think Iowa's experience will win out, but you never know.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
19/10/11 for Shelley as Nebraska absolutely throttled UNC Wilmington (is that about #16 on your list of schools @triaddukefan ?).

Yeah... they are way down the list.

Iowa at Iowa State Wednesday.
Iowa will be favored, but this is one of those rivalry rock fights.
You'd think Iowa's experience will win out, but you never know.

The best kind of rivals. Flagship vs Land Grant

throwbook.gif

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Did anyone have Michigan vs Toledo on their watch list? Toledo up by 12 with 5 minutes left in the second quarter.

Toledo beat them in Ann Arbor last season. May be worth checking out CBS Sports Network if you have it
I just tuned in. Toledo up 19 now!

Reaction Score
I just tuned in. Toledo up 19 now!

Final score 69-46 Toledo. Wow. Their fans got treated to one heck of a game. Toledo look like they'll be a lot of fun to watch this season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did anyone have Michigan vs Toledo on their watch list? Toledo up by 12 with 5 minutes left in the second quarter.

Toledo beat them in Ann Arbor last season. May be worth checking out CBS Sports Network if you have it
69-46 final. Wow! There have been several scores like this so far, somewhat mediocre appearing mid majors (Toledo was 3-2 with no significant wins) just blowing the doors off a P5 team that didn't give previous indication they were historically bad. What's going on this year?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Middle Tennessee hits a THREE at the horn to take a 37-33 lead against Tennessee into halftime.

Lady Vols are 22-0 against MTSU.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
MTSU +10 on the boards in the first half.

VolNation is not happy.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How do we feel about Minnesota? Running away from Kentucky late in the game, will improve to 8-1, but they really haven't beaten anyone. Lots of talk about locals who go elsewhere for college, but they got at least one good one in Braun.

Reaction Score
How do we feel about Minnesota? Running away from Kentucky late in the game, will improve to 8-1, but they really haven't beaten anyone. Lots of talk about locals who go elsewhere for college, but they got at least one good one in Braun.
Much improved this year defensively and much better coaching. This team can make some noise in the B1G this year.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Upset brewing in Huntsville. Another last-second THREE to end the 3rd sends MTSU into the 4th quarter with a 50-45 lead over Tennessee.

Tennessee, and Kellie Harper, are in trouble. Even if they win this game..

I'm just mystified at the regression of Jewel Spear the last couple of weeks. She was such a great shooter at Wake Forest but she has been ineffective the last couple of games against Ohio State and again tonight. No points in the last 7 quarters. I wouldn't think that was possible, having watched her the last couple of seasons at Wake Forest.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tennessee has had some time to adjust without Jackson. There is some talent there. Like I've thought for quite a while now, they are no better off w/ Harper as their coach than they were with Warlick. The powers that be are gonna have to figure that out at some point. They might want to think about going outside of Pat's coaching tree next time.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My Spartans come up short vs the hated Chapel Hill. 81-66. Looks like UNC-G is gonna be solid this year

Final score 69-46 Toledo. Wow. Their fans got treated to one heck of a game. Toledo look like they'll be a lot of fun to watch this season.

Toledo has been a good mid major the last few years. They made it to the second round of the NCAA's last year. Off hand I think they have won maybe 56 games the last two seasons.

Duke beat them in Toledo last year, they come to play us the last game before the Christmas break.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
@triaddukefan I'm gonna need a ruling. Charlotte @ Wake Forest, can we throw out the record book?

I see your team is kicking off conference play tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom