Week 4 preview (Nov. 29–Dec. 5) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 4 preview (Nov. 29–Dec. 5)

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I can cut Oregon some slack. They are without 3 All Pac12 performers in PaoPao, Rodgers, and Sabally and UC Davis played them close last year. IMO PaoPao is the biggest miss because she was the PG and had a knack of hitting timely shots.

Georgia Tech which was already without Fletcher and McQueen was also missing Lotta-Maj Lahtinen. Missed 4 straight free throws and gave Purdue multiple opportunities and they managed to capitalize with 3.9 seconds in the game.

Ohio State is about to go down to Syracuse. Another team I did not have in my top 25.

Reaction Score
We did? They have a ton of injuries so I can cut them some slack. The conference overall has not been living up to expectations.
sorry am just not a fan of his coaching. Not saying he can't coach, but not a fan of his. Sedona Prince also looking like the most overrated player in the country.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
sorry am just not a fan of his coaching. Not saying he can't coach, but not a fan of his. Sedona Prince also looking like the most overrated player in the country.
Won't argue w/ that, I'm not on the Prince bandwagon. Skilled, but plays a lot smaller than 6-7.

Reaction Score
Won't argue w/ that, I'm not on the Prince bandwagon. Skilled, but plays a lot smaller than 6-7.
always thought Adia Barnes was by far a better hc than he was. The way she has turned around a program in Arizona is remarkable

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
always thought Adia Barnes was by far a better hc than he was. The way she has turned around a program in Arizona is remarkable
Well...she did do a remarkable job, but so did Graves. He's still in the midst of trying to keep it rolling in the post-Ionescu era. We'll have to wait a little to see about Barnes post-McDonald. Too early to really tell anything so far.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Indeed... Anyone who's 6'7" and grabs one rebound in 28 minutes is definitely not someone who should be highly rated, and any coach who isn't excoriating her for a complete failure to hit the boards needs to rethink their methods.

Reaction Score
Indeed... Anyone who's 6'7" and grabs one rebound in 28 minutes is definitely not someone who should be highly rated, and any coach who isn't excoriating her for a complete failure to hit the boards needs to rethink their methods.
Sedona reeks of a me more than we player. Look at Texas, it doesn't seem like they miss her at all. They play much better team basketball.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sedona reeks of a me more than we player. Look at Texas, it doesn't seem like they miss her at all. They play much better team basketball.
Does anybody at Texas even remember her? She's been gone for about 5 years I think (I know it hasn't been that long, turn on the sarcasm detector). Honestly there might not be a single player left (and certainly not the coaching staff) who was there when she was. And did she ever actually play for the Horns? I thought she was injured the whole time.

Reaction Score
Does anybody at Texas even remember her? She's been gone for about 5 years I think (I know it hasn't been that long, turn on the sarcasm detector). Honestly there might not be a single player left (and certainly not the coaching staff) who was there when she was. And did she ever actually play for the Horns? I thought she was injured the whole time.

Yeah. She didn’t play a single game for Texas in her time there. Hard for a team to miss a player that never made it onto the floor for them.

Reaction Score
no she blamed the medical staff for "unsafe environment." Funny, I never seen any other play from Texas have problems with injuries.

Reaction Score
no she blamed the medical staff for "unsafe environment." Funny, I never seen any other play from Texas have problems with injuries.
While that may be true, she suffered a bad broken leg in Mexico for USA Basketball. There may not be an example that could be used as a fair comparison in this case.

It wasn't fair that she put Texas on the spot however as they can't say anything without violating some level of confidentially, I assume. And it isn't unusual for there to be differing opinions as to how something should be treated. The school's approach may have been correct in the end. Unfortunately, we'll never know.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Alexus Dye showed out with 20 points. In Tennessee win over Tennessee Tech.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal survived 42 points from the Cavinder twins and beat Fresno St. by 1. Curry is a baller. So is Bush. Other starters struggled, but good contributions from Green and Onyiah off the bench. Somebody might have to put out a APB on Dalayah Daniels, kinda M.I.A. this year.

Reaction Score
5 minutes to tip in the Rolle Activity Center in the heart of the NAU campus. The excitement is palatable as the Lady Jacks prepare to face off against Weber State.

On my way into the gym I received an electric smile from Coach Payne.

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Excuse me, I am driving to the basket, says Ane Olaeta of Cal Baptist, in their 63-57 win over Pepperdine. Olaeta had 20 points and 8 assists.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Excuse me, I am driving to the basket, says Ane Olaeta of Cal Baptist, in their 63-57 win over Pepperdine. Olaeta had 20 points and 8 assists.

That kinda looked like a DB trying to jam a receiver at the line of scrimmage, but it didn't work.

Utah has a speedy Fr. guard from Portugal, I wonder which is quicker? Both can really move.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Assist #700 in Olaeta's career. They player she passed to for the basket, freshman Trinity San Antonio, might be the fastest I have seen out here since the Lister sisters. She will be the replacement for Olaeta next year. She is still raw, but has a great teacher.

Reaction Score
After a dreadful start , 1 for 6, and trailing by 10, the half ends with the Jacks trailing 43-39.

Number 45 for the Jacks, freshman Fatoumata Jaiten showed tremendous energy. At 6.1 she has great length.

Fatoumata Jaiteh was born on May 16 in Gambia, West Africa.

Coach Payne recruited her out of Lynnwood, Washington.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Coach Payne recruited her out of Lynnwood, Washington.
I think UW buys bus tickets for local kids to get out of town, because they certainly don't keep any home grown players around.

Reaction Score
I think UW buys bus tickets for local kids to get out of town, because they certainly don't keep any home grown players around.
Coach Payne is from the Pacific Northwest and recruits heavily in that area.

The Jacks have 6 players from Washington/Oregon including starters Regan Schenck, Khiarica Rasheed and Lauren Orndoff.

The Jacks also feature freshman twins Olivia and Nyah Moran from Riverside, Cal.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Coach Payne is from the Pacific Northwest and recruits heavily in that area.

The Jacks have 6 players from Washington/Oregon including starters Regan Schenck, Khiarica Rasheed and Lauren Orndoff.
I remember her career at UW, actually saw her live a time or two. She's from Montana originally. Coached at Univ. of Puget Sound in Tacoma before going to NAU, where I spent my freshman year.

Reaction Score
I remember her career at UW, actually saw her live a time or two. She's from Montana originally. Coached at Univ. of Puget Sound in Tacoma before going to NAU, where I spent my freshman year.
Interesting, when were you in Flagstaff? My daughter graduated in 2019.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Interesting, when were you in Flagstaff? My daughter graduated in 2019.
That was a poorly constructed sentence on my part. I was at UPS...well before your daughter would've been in college.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom