Week 4 Games (Non-UConn) | The Boneyard

Week 4 Games (Non-UConn)

Reaction Score
Start of the BIG - ACC challenge tonight.

Iowa - Virginia
Notre Dame - Illinois

Tarleton - Gonzaga How many games does Gonzaga play. I feel as though they play like every other day.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Start of the BIG - ACC challenge tonight.

Iowa - Virginia
Notre Dame - Illinois

Tarleton - Gonzaga How many games does Gonzaga play. I feel as though they play like every other day.

WCC only plays 16 conference games so Gonzaga gets a lot more non-conference run than the P6 who are all playing 20 these days (except the 10 team Big 12 for obvious reasons...).

Reaction Score
Kofi is back. Is Curbelo or others out? Can't figure out how they are only -4 vs ND, since ND is atrocious.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of IU since I live in Indiana, but I for sure need and want them to destroy the Orange tonight!!!

Lets also hope that Duke loses to Ohio State tonight also

Reaction Score
I watched parts of the Maryland/VT game and each year it amazes me what Mike Young is doing at Tech.

Such an underrated coach and it’s amazing he’s doing it with three of his former Wofford guys as starters!

On that note, Steve Forbes, another former SoCon coach (ETSU), is having a nice third season at Wake. He smartly set up a soft early season schedule to build confidence in his young squad and it paid off w/ a solid OOC win can Northwestern.

Rooting for both of these guys in a league with a lot of teams/coaches I do not care for outside of Hamilton, Bennett and Brownell.

Reaction Score
#18 Memphis loses to 2-5 Georgia. Penny said he wanted all the fire...
they are a pretty unbelievable team. apparently penny said they "don't really need a point guard" to run their offense -- their top assist guy comes off the bench and is averaging 3 assists with 2.5 turnovers. yuck.

Reaction Score
ACC SUCKS!!! no matter how many times they raid the Big East they still suck. the ACC is where ex Big East teams go to die

Big East 80.2% winning PCT
ACC 66.98%
PAC-12 64.10%

Reaction Score
#18 Memphis loses to 2-5 Georgia. Penny said he wanted all the fire...
Least surprising thing i’ve seen all day. Penny has yet to prove he can actually coach at this level. I will 110% give him recruiting, but as far as coaching he has underperformed since day 1 at Memphis.

ALL THE SMOKE

Reaction Score
Arizona State scored 29 points tonight. I suspect Bobby Hurley is going to be looking for a new job soon
I was thinking the same thing. Hard to picture Bobby keeping his job if the season goes on the way it has for them. Bagley is still injured and will back eventually, but man has that team looked rough. 29 points is impressively bad.

Their only two wins on the season are against Portland and North Florida.

Reaction Score
Key losses to unranked opponents
No 12. BYU
No 14. Florida
No 18. Memphis

Reaction Score
Bonnies struggled all game vs Coppin St.

Teams have off nights and good nights…

Reaction Score
Excellent night for us. All Big East teams won, Auburn won, MSU won, and two teams ranked just ahead of us (Florida and BYU) lost. Heck even Central won.
Up two spots in the Kenpom ratings without playing a game as a result!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Bobby Hurley in the PAC never made sense. He belongs in the East. I hear Pitt may have an opening soon.
Let him stay out on the West Coast. We don't need him (and his Hurley roots) to compete against in NJ, PA, NYC, Balt. and DC etc. I saw enough of him when he played for Duke. Wish him all the best out there................forever.

Reaction Score
Let him stay out on the West Coast. We don't need him (and his Hurley roots) to compete against in NJ, PA, NYC, Balt. and DC etc. I saw enough of him when he played for Duke. Wish him all the best out there................forever.
Not that Bobby’s level of success has any impact on Dan, but I would rather see the entire Hurley tree succeed. East or west coast

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Arizona State is one of those deceptively difficult jobs. Bill Freider, Rob Evans and Herb Sendek were not bad coaches, and they couldn't win there with any level of consistency. There is not a culture of basketball in the state, so like every other school west of the Great Plains, they have to recruit Southern California, which is hard. They get some talent, but not enough to separate from all the other schools recruiting those areas.

I think the fact that it is so freaking hot there is also a challenge in recruiting. I think Lute Olson's job at Arizona is one of the most amazing program building efforts in college sports history, and he would be right there in the pantheon with Calhoun if Olson wasn't such a choker in big games. He turned that place into a destination and one of the top basketball programs in the country, which was not easy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom