Week 3 preview (Nov. 23-28) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 3 preview (Nov. 23-28)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Vanderbilt loses a heartbreaker to Arizona. Pellington scored a rather difficult layup with her off-hand as time expired. Vandy played from behind the entire game, clawed their way back with great defense, and missed multiple shots that would've given them a 1-pont lead. Vandy finally managed to tie the game with 7 seconds left but then couldn't get the stop to send it to OT.

Still, pretty amazing they were able to stay with a top-10 team like that. They had Arizona visibly frustrated with their excellent defense. Shea's squad has shown tremendous improvement in just a few weeks.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Cameron Brink had a breakout game today for Stanford. Wow!!! 21 points, 22 rebounds, 5 assists, and 5 blocks.
Holy smokes! 22 rebounds...that's insane!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The A-10 is rising! Rhode Island and Fordham have announced that they're prepared to challenge Dayton's hegemony, and now Virginia Commonwealth takes down Pac-12 power Washington by a score of 60-47.
I can't even find a box score for this. It's really early, but I'm disappointed by the beginning of the Langley era. It just seems like more of the same, team can't score.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I can't even find a box score for this. It's really early, but I'm disappointed by the beginning of the Langley era. It just seems like more of the same, team can't score.
I really think they should've given Jody Wynn another year at least. She had things trending up.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
But other posters have been telling us repeatedly that everyone in the Pac-12 is super tough and there will be nO nIgHtS oFf in Pac-12 play. So now I'm confused. :cool:

Hmmm... someone said that??

Plebe

Reaction Score
The one game I'm looking forward to catching this evening is BYU–Florida State.

FSU has been diagnosed as prediabetic from all the cupcakes they've been feasting on in November. BYU returned almost everyone from a team that reached the NCAAT second round. Big opportunity for BYU to get to play FSU on a neutral court.

However, BYU will be missing its head coach, who did not make the trip (Covid).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I really think they should've given Jody Wynn another year at least. She had things trending up.
I'm okay with that decision. Now I'm thinking maybe they just gotta wait til all the Wynn players are gone and they have some players who can shoot and run an offense.

However, if I had a choice (and I know it doesn't work this way) I'd take Miller and Sadler back instead of having Mulkey and Schwartz.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm fairly worried about what UNC is going to do to UW. The Heels have been killing their opponents.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Washington State handed Miami its first loss of the season, 62-47. The Cougars will be 4-0 heading into their game with NC State Saturday.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Noteworthy win by Northwestern over South Dakota, 73-57.

Veronica Burton is an amazing all around player: 19 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals. NW's 6'3" freshman Caileigh Walsh had 20 points including a couple of huge 3's in the 4th quarter.

The Coyotes have to be considered a disappointment so far. They were getting plenty of top 25 votes but have now lost to Oklahoma and Northwestern.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm fairly worried about what UNC is going to do to UW. The Heels have been killing their opponents.

Looking at their schedule... they don't have a loss until Jan 6.... cause I know those PNW Huskies aint gonna stop them.

Plebe

Reaction Score
BYU beats Florida State 61-54. Shaylee Gonzales goes for 24, including 10-11 FTs.

Florida State was bigger, faster, deeper, and far more talented. But their bloated football budget couldn't buy them the heart and grit that BYU showed. All the more impressive considering BYU was without their head coach.

Not to toot my own horn, but I had BYU ranked ahead of Florida State on my poll. (One of only two Boneyarders who had BYU in their top 25).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
BYU beats Florida State 61-54. Shaylee Gonzales goes for 24, including 10-11 FTs.

Florida State was bigger, faster, deeper, and far more talented. But their bloated football budget couldn't buy them the heart and grit that BYU showed. All the more impressive considering BYU was without their head coach.

Not to toot my own horn, but I had BYU ranked ahead of Florida State on my poll. (One of only two Boneyarders who had BYU in their top 25).
Or, and here’s an alternative thought, Sue Samrau should have stayed on leave and let Brooke Wycoff keep coaching the team as she had them clicking last year.
:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Noteworthy win by Northwestern over South Dakota, 73-57.

Veronica Burton is an amazing all around player: 19 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals. NW's 6'3" freshman Caileigh Walsh had 20 points including a couple of huge 3's in the 4th quarter.

The Coyotes have to be considered a disappointment so far. They were getting plenty of top 25 votes but have now lost to Oklahoma and Northwestern.
Walsh and Sellers are going to battle it out for freshman of the year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yet another ACC team that's been bingeing on cupcakes for all of November fails its holiday fitness test.

Missouri State jumped out early and led pole to pole. Led by as much as 17 in 3Q before withstanding a couple of VT mini-runs down the stretch.

Jasmine Franklin: 21 points, 12 rebounds
Abi Jackson: 18 points, 8 assists, 3 blocks

Missouri State was 27-30 from the FT line. A lot of those FTs came when VT was fouling on purpose in the last 3 minutes of the game.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The Tennessee win over USF win looks a little better now.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Seriously, Rutgers might be the worst offense from any quality D1 program ever.

19% shooting, 0-14 from three, 3-7 from the line, 0 assists., 19 turnovers.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Rutgers gets their first assist on their first three with 3 minutes remaining in the third.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom