Week 3 Games (Non-UConn) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 3 Games (Non-UConn)

Reaction Score
Anyone watching the Memphis Va Tech game?
Curious as to how good you think #9 ranked Tigers are.
I think right now they meet the profile of a team destined to get knocked out before the S16. Maybe an upset special in RD 1. Probably around four loses give or take one on either side and a #4/5 vs #13/12 matchup. Maybe they play Chattanooga or something in RD 1? Fitting matchup and one that Memphis could lose. If they survive that one then they play a team like BYU and lose.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't get all the Memphis hate on this board. I think the team is fine and I like Hardaway as a coach, although I think he is a bit too rigid. Of all the teams in college basketball to be a hater against, I don't get why so many posters on this team landed on them.

Reaction Score
I don't get all the Memphis hate on this board. I think the team is fine and I like Hardaway as a coach, although I think he is a bit too rigid. Of all the teams in college basketball to be a hater against, I don't get why so many posters on this team landed on them.
Of the 12 guys who have played at least 10% of the team's minutes, 10 of them have turnover rates above 23%. The freedom to throw the ball around is largely an intentional part of the system, but personally I think the team would be better served with a bit more organization.

Great defensive coach, though.

Reaction Score
Iona just beat #10 Alabama :)
I’d love rick pitino to come back to the big east. Sleazy dude but great coach

Unfortunately Pitt will likely get him when Capel gets fired soon

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I’d love rick pitino to come back to the big east. Sleazy dude but great coach

Unfortunately Pitt will likely get him when Capel gets fired soon
I could see Georgetown closing their eyes, and reaching out in a desperate bid for relevancy.

Reaction Score
I could see Georgetown closing their eyes, and reaching out in a desperate bid for relevancy.
That would be unreal for the big east but there is zero chance Georgetown goes anywhere near him. They care too much about their reputation lol

Reaction Score
Iona just beat #10 Alabama :)
Iona 6-0 now and outside of North Alabama all of their opponents have been within the top-half of KenPom (Alabama, Liberty, Harvard, Hofstra, Appalachian State).

Their sophomore big Nelly Junior Joseph went beast mode: 15 points, 11 boards, 4 blocks and 2 steals.

Reaction Score
Heck of a mid-major matchup today in the ESPN Invitational Bracket (IMO, the lamest title for an early season tournament): 6:30 PM Iona v Belmont.

Whoever wins this game plays the winner of Dayton/Kansas on Sunday for the tournament championship.

Reaction Score
FSU is having an "experimental" opening of the season as Hamilton is moving the lineup around...He lost his top four scorers from last year ...although FSU did win the tournament, they had to go to OT to beat Boston U.

And, set the all time record for the winning of consecutive overtime games (12).

#3 Purdue will soundly beat the Noles tonight.

Reaction Score
From the game I watched...Purdue looks tournament ready in the beginning of the season. Experienced, talented, and unflappable.

I think that they will roll by 14-18 points tonight.

The game to watch, though, is Gonzaga Vs Duke tonight.

Gonzaga is favored by 8.5...I want to see if Dule can slow down the Zag's elite transition game.

Also interested in how the Zags defend Paulo Banchero...do they attempt to double him? And who will that open up?

Reaction Score
As much as I hate it....have to root for MSU over Baylor today so our loss to MSU is enhanced.

Reaction Score
Michigan St. going toe to toe with Baylor in the 1st.

So far confirming my initial thoughts after yesterday. The people pretending MSU are bad and ignoring the role the refs played in those final calls hardest hit.

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
This just shows we can compete with almost anybody in the country. Gonzaga is next level and probably the only team I'd say the odds are against us. Would still have extreme confidence no matter who we face.

Reaction Score

So far confirming my initial thoughts after yesterday. The people pretending MSU are bad and ignoring the role the refs played in those final calls hardest hit.
Both can be true...MSU is very good (at least defensively) and the Refs sucked. We should have won regardless but moving on.

Reaction Score

Not even close to as bad a loss as some are making it. The boneyard declares the end of the world after every loss

Reaction Score
AZ State looking at 0-3 trip in Bahamas, down 9 in 1st half to Loyola Chi....the other Hurley going to be on the hot seat if he isn't already.

Reaction Score
The camera in this Duke-Gonzaga game is so far from the court, I hate it. This crowd is so into it though considering it's a neutral court game.

Reaction Score
I feel much better about our offense after watching Memphis play Iowa State. If Penny was coaching an NBA team, they'd only average 70 points per game.

Reaction Score
Banchero is a stud in the first half what a player. Williams in the middle has improved tremendously, difference maker for Duke right now on the defensive end. Hate to say I’m impressed with Duke first half.

Reaction Score
Good response from the Zags at the end of the half. I love the way they pass the ball. Them and Nova are the 2 best passing high majors.

Reaction Score
Fun Duke/Gonzaga game. Unfortunately it looks like Duke is solid again. Not sure why the Banchero kid is playing college basketball. He looks like a 4-5 yr NBA vet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom