Week 2 NCAA Football | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 2 NCAA Football

Reaction Score
He's worse than Johnny Manziel. No chance he sticks in the NFL
Johnny football was drugged up every game and going into the combine and still fooled the Browns that’s impressive.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The D-line has been in his lap all night. I have watched him play over a dozen times. No one could produce behind that line. Like I said, I will pay to see 7 better than him.
Can’t disagree with that.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I hate the targeting calls, but if there was ever targeting this is its poster child.

Reaction Score

I checked a couple of message boards and their situation is very similar to our own. Some would prefer basketball move back to the A-10, some are frustrated with football in the AAC.
"Best case scenario CUSA allows a Temple/UConn combo to be football only. I’d take that plus A10 in a heartbeat even though it would require a 10 million exit fee and giving up 5 or 6 million a year"

Reaction Score
I checked a couple of message boards and their situation is very similar to our own. Some would prefer basketball move back to the A-10, some are frustrated with football in the AAC.
"Best case scenario CUSA allows a Temple/UConn combo to be football only. I’d take that plus A10 in a heartbeat even though it would require a 10 million exit fee and giving up 5 or 6 million a year"

CUSA is a downgrade from the AAC with teams in the same areas of the country. There's nothing in that for Temple that they'd want, even if it meant their hoops could return to the A10.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Sparty beats Maryland.
This could be a concern. FAU (our next home opponent) played Sparty pretty tough. I know the transitive property doesn't apply but that could be a tough game.

Reaction Score
CUSA is a downgrade from the AAC with teams in the same areas of the country. There's nothing in that for Temple that they'd want, even if it meant their hoops could return to the A10.
Yeah, but the point is the bigger picture. Temple has 2 programs sucking in the AAC. Going Indie was a much bigger downgrade from the AAC at the time UConn did it but we needed to save hoops. UConn and Temple could be good partners in any situation, whether AAC, Sun Belt, C-USA. The A-10 would definitely help Temple's hoops program.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Looks like the powers that be want Bama to win.

Reaction Score
USF is such a weird football program. They never sell out games, their stadium has zero energy, they have seasons that they are just as bad as we have been yet recover and can take on a Bama, FL State etc etc. Building an on-campus stadium with their resurgence is the absolutely the right move... its a Big12 time move. CT fans would be kicking and screaming about traffic... granted they are in a city anwyays.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I had flashbacks reading about this game. UConn had to win their game in South Bend three times.
That was horrifying and ultimately satisfying. But you’re right…wow. I forgot how awful the refs were .

Reaction Score
Bad loss for Kansas. Too many mistakes throughout and then Illinois dominated the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
The targeting rule is such crap but I hope Bama gets screwed here, oh who the hell am I kidding.

Reaction Score
The targeting rule is such crap but I hope Bama gets screwed here, oh who the hell am I kidding.

The call was correct, but the rule is dumb. I understand they're trying to protect the players, but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
The call was correct, but the rule is dumb. I understand they're trying to protect the players, but it is what it is.
There just needs to be a bit of common sense with the rule, a full on launching into the helmet ok, your tackling guys going full speed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom