Week 18 Other Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 18 Other Games

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Michigan had a 7-0 run in the last 2ish minutes of regulation to force OT
Illinois had a 7-0 run in the last 2ish minutes of OT to force 2OT

This is fun
And the Michigan guy airballed the totally open three to tie with 6 seconds left after Illinois had gone up 5 in the 2nd OT.

I'm kind of disappointed that the Big "Ten" doesn't have a 10-way tie with 10-9 records, but 7 teams with 11-8 is pretty amazing.

Reaction Score
RU blows a ten point lead in the last 1:10 and suffers a devastating loss at MN.

The Gophers hit a three at the buzzer to win. The shot was clearly off on time

However, the refs watched reviews for 10 minuted or so looking to see if the shot clock started on time. Never seen anything like it before. For ten minutes they were looking for a reason to take away a game winning shot

It has to stop. They're out of control
I was saying the same thing. They showed the replay with a shot of the clock starting as soon as the player touched it and then the shot was clearly off on time. If we saw it so clearly within a minute why did the refs need 10 minutes to see the same thing?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
And the Michigan guy airballed the totally open three to tie with 6 seconds left after Illinois had gone up 5 in the 2nd OT.

I'm kind of disappointed that the Big "Ten" doesn't have a 10-way tie with 10-9 records, but 7 teams with 11-8 is pretty amazing.
Poverty conference where all of them play the same offense and never switch on screens.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I still can’t believe we lost Gavin to Rutgers. Still can’t imagine what actually led to that decision on his part?

caw

Reaction Score
Purdue vs Wisconsin is interesting. I really should have watched more of Purdue in the OOC, they seem super slow. I can see how Edey would destroy teams OOC though. He doesn't foul but he makes himself really big in the paint (meaning he's already large but his hands are always up on defense and he really doesn't foul much).

Yes, Wisconsin is making Purdue look slow.

Reaction Score
Nice. Now, to make you feel really s____y, imagine if you had put 14.60 on it instead of 1.46.

I was sweating out that Michigan game. They were up 7 in first OT and blew it. I pretty much thought it was going to bust in 2nd OT and then especially when Michigan fouled at the end of the game. Got so lucky the guy missed a free throw.

Reaction Score
I was sweating out that Michigan game. They were up 7 in first OT and blew it. I pretty much thought it was going to bust in 2nd OT and then especially when Michigan fouled at the end of the game. Got so lucky the guy missed a free throw.
I lost almost a grand last month when someone missed a free throw in the final seconds (and overall a 12 point lead was cut to 4 when I had -4.5). That was a single bet, not a parlay. Parlays will drive you insane, but they're fun the rare time you hit.

Reaction Score
I lost almost a grand last month when someone missed a free throw in the final seconds (and overall a 12 point lead was cut to 4 when I had -4.5). That was a single bet, not a parlay. Parlays will drive you insane, but they're fun the rare time you hit.

In regulation it was giving me the option to cash out. The highest it got was $140 and i thought about it but then blinked and it was gone. Surprised that in OT it never gave the options even when Michigan was up 7. I've gotten burned on parlays before by not cashing out and then a miraculous come back.

Reaction Score
In regulation it was giving me the option to cash out. The highest it got was $140 and i thought about it but then blinked and it was gone. Surprised that in OT it never gave the options even when Michigan was up 7. I've gotten burned on parlays before by not cashing out and then a miraculous come back.
Never take the cash out option, they give you a horrible price. Instead, if you're down to the final leg, just hedge it live yourself. But yeah, sometimes late in games they disable live betting and you're stuck praying.

Reaction Score
Purdue vs Wisconsin is interesting. I really should have watched more of Purdue in the OOC, they seem super slow. I can see how Edey would destroy teams OOC though. He doesn't foul but he makes himself really big in the paint (meaning he's already large but his hands are always up on defense and he really doesn't foul much).

Yes, Wisconsin is making Purdue look slow.
I saw the game when they had 10 minutes left. I came back with 1 minute left and I don't think the score changed. Wiscy had just awful plays down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Good. Couldn’t happen to a more unlikable team

Agree never rooted so hard for the Illini before. Lunardi will somehow still find a way to get them on his 68 but in the meantime watching Dickinson cry makes my night, any night!

Reaction Score
Surprised Rutgers is still considered a lock for the tournament. Lost 5 of their last 7 including home losses to Nebraska and Michigan, and the loss to last place Minnesota. The B1G is just a messed up conference after Purdue. 11 teams between 8-11 and 11-8. Lunardi has Wisconsin and Penn St in the dance at 8-11 and 9-10 respectively, and Michigan out at 11-8. The committee will find spots for 9 or 10 B1G teams. They can make them all 10 or 11 seeds, so some will be scattered amongst the 7, 8, and 9 seeds.

Reaction Score
RU should hang a banner to commemorate the most epic collapse in college bball in 2023.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yes, let's steal wins away from teams deserve them because the refs stink.

This makes the assumption the refs land on the right call more often than not... which is dubious.

Sports and referring has a human aspect to it, I'd much rather live with a handful of blown calls than constantly interrupting the flow of the game, the crowds momentum, etc. for three blind mice to rewind the same play 432 times over the course of 10 minutes just to arrive at the original conclusion - inconclusive.

Reaction Score
That was absurd. End replay in all sports.

I've said this endless times - if you have to review replays for more than a couple minute - how can it then by definition be conclusive in the vast majority of cases?
Exactly. If it’s not clear the first 2x u watch it call stands and move on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom