Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, about to get another upset in the A-10. Rhode Island taking out St. Joseph's. #2 is out and #3 is about to join them.

Reaction Score
Penn St. made a run again thru most of Q3, only to see Iowa build the lead back up to what it was.

They had a golden opportunity tonight w/ Clark having a terrible night shooting the ball, and not at all taking advantage of it.
Iowa players not named Clark had 71 tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Brink has been shooting very poorly in Vegas, but she just might mess around and get a triple double. 12 pts/10 reb/8 assists. How many PF/C around the country have a double digit assist game this year?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Okay, about to get another upset in the A-10. Rhode Island taking out St. Joseph's. #2 is out and #3 is about to join them.

2, 3, and 4 out. Only Richmond remains. I'm a spider fan this week.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Indiana started five guards in the B1G first round. Fortunately they have some size, and Garzon and especially Parrish are rebounders.

Looks like Meister has gotten in; good that she's able to play. But if Holmes can't play, they won't be in the tourney long.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon St. led 24-12 after Q1, it was all Stanford after that. 66-57 final. OSU had 3 shots at Stanford and couldn't get it done. Not a good match up I guess.

Reaction Score
Indiana started five guards in the B1G first round. Fortunately they have some size, and Garzon and especially Parrish are rebounders.

Looks like Meister has gotten in; good that she's able to play. But if Holmes can't play, they won't be in the tourney long.
I'm impressed that they're up by 14 at the half without Holmes and with Garzon shooting the ball poorly. On the flip side, Michigan :oops:

Reaction Score
Second semi to tip soon. Looks like almost all the Beach fans stayed to see JuJu. Wonder if Close can duplicate the effort the kitties put on her last nite.

Oh, in the first game, Rueck looked to intentionally bump the ref. No response....I would have thought instant t.

Reaction Score
I take it you haven't seen our band before? Our Band Director (and the whole band) are often in costume, including using all manner of objects as the baton. The best analog I can think of is ASU's curtain of distraction. Probably for that reason, it's one of my favorite things in all of college basketball.
Best band and band director in college basketball. Love “the tree”❤️

Reaction Score
Moren has seen enough of Michigan's comeback. Bringing in Holmes out of the timeout.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
St. Joseph's losing in the QF probably ends the A-10's chances of snagging an at-large bid.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After watching every team play today I would be in favor of canceling the NCAA tourney this year giving the trophy to South Carolina now. So much low quality basketball from all the other top teams, South Carolina is the only team that deserves to be a national champion this year imo.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After watching every team play today I would be in favor of canceling the NCAA tourney this year giving the trophy to South Carolina now. So much low quality basketball from all the other top teams, South Carolina is the only team that deserves to be a national champion this year imo.
They couldn't be beat last year either...except they were. Anyway they already have one banner hanging in their gym for a year with no Tourney, they don't need another. Just today they won by 11 against a very mediocre Texas A&M, how is that so vastly more impressive than everybody else in the country? Don't get me wrong, they've had an outstanding season and are the favorite to win a Title for a reason. But I'd like to see them win 6 games and earn it.

Reaction Score
They couldn't be beat last year either...except they were. Anyway they already have one banner hanging in their gym for a year with no Tourney, they don't need another. Just today they won by 11 against a very mediocre Texas A&M, how is that so vastly more impressive than everybody else in the country? Don't get me wrong, they've had an outstanding season and are the favorite to win a Title for a reason. But I'd like to see them win 6 games and earn it.
I just think the quality of basketball from every other team is so far below theirs this season. The rest of the top 5 teams don’t look like top 10/top15 teams most other years. It would be a travesty imo if any other team walked away champions this year because they are clearly the best by quite a large margin. I say this as a UConn fan but any other team winning this year would just be embarrassing for the sport imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom