Week 17 - Feb 26 to Mar 4 (games, conf standings, NET) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Week 17 - Feb 26 to Mar 4 (games, conf standings, NET)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Holy cow! I go watch g-daughters soccer match this afternoon and come home to all these pac12 upsets? Wowzer

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Okay @Plebe , Tess Heal w/ a 40 piece today for Santa Clara. They already locked up #2, but looks like they'll win a shootout w/ Pacific.
1709428819939.jpeg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
St. Louis might do the near impossible, and get 2 wins on the same day. Already credited with a conference win due to Davidson's forfeit, looks like they found a replacement opponent (the mighty Knox Prairie Fire?) who they are crushing currently.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's become a UConn tradition -- last regular season Big East game has to be a hideous affair. Although this wasn't nearly as hideous as last year's 9-point win over (ugh) Xavier.

To be fair, UConn was up 57-25 after 3Q. The 4Q gives us some idea of how much Paige and Aaliyah are carrying this team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Hard to believe this is the last day we'll have of Pac 12 regular season play ... ever (as we know it). Ending quite unceremoniously with a UCLA blowout over Arizona.

I wonder how many of the Pac-12 schools will schedule each other in the nonconference next year and beyond. (I guess we can count out an Arizona vs Stanford matchup?)

Reaction Score
Hard to believe this is the last day we'll have of Pac 12 regular season play ... ever (as we know it). Ending quite unceremoniously with a UCLA blowout over Arizona.

I wonder how many of the Pac-12 schools will schedule each other in the nonconference next year and beyond. (I guess we can count out an Arizona vs Stanford matchup?)

I would think they will schedule each other so they can get some good non conference games without having to travel. And travel will be the key as they are probably not going to want a lot of non conference travel since they’ll get enough of that Jan-Feb.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

Cori already said she wants to keep Stanford on the schedule. I'm guessing we'll prioritize the SoCal and Oregon schools for recruiting, close travel proximity, and Tara's relationships with other HCs. And if Adia can get over her allergic reaction to the Bay Area, probably Arizona too. I would be pretty surprised if we end up with home and aways at any of the mountain schools, Washington schools, or ASU, now that CTT is gone.

Reaction Score
Cori already said she wants to keep Stanford on the schedule. I'm guessing we'll prioritize the SoCal and Oregon schools for recruiting, close travel proximity, and Tara's relationships with other HCs. And if Adia can get over her allergic reaction to the Bay Area, probably Arizona too. I would be pretty surprised if we end up with home and aways at any of the mountain schools, Washington schools, or ASU, now that CTT is gone.

Though if you keep playing Gonzaga, you can get a nice 2 for 1 by adding Wazzu.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score

Don't count out Arizona / Stanford. Tara is Adia's mentor, actually, and they have already talked about future games. It might not be next year, who knows, but she has mentioned this several times. Might have to get in line with other former PAC 12 teams, I guess.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Missed a whole day of basketball messing around the enemy :confused:

Anyway, I see that High Point escaped with a 61-58 squeaker over Longwood. Looking at the box score they were down 45-36 at the start of the 4th quarter, and didn't take the lead until 1:24 left in the game :eek: Imma have to check out the replay, but HPU finishes the season with a 14-2 record in the always tough Big South.

In the SoCon finale. My Spartans of UNC-G dusted off cross state rival Western Carolina 61-58 to finish its home slate 15-1.

I'd say a story about an extended family that bickers constantly, often corrects one another, but still all sits down to Thanksgiving Dinner thankful to have each other.

Speak for yourself :rolleyes:

South Dakota St. has already clinched the Summit title. Regular season finale, trying to maintain their perfect record, in a shootout w/ 2nd place North Dakota St. @triaddukefan can we throw out the record book when the Jackrabbits and Bizon tangle?

Hmmmmm, not really. Just Land Grant on Land Grant violence.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Very good chance that my top four teams could all get 20 wins in the same season :cool:

AXMwe8.gif

What? But it's a border war, that's gotta be worth something.

If it were the University of ND vs the University of SD it would be a border war. Because they are both land grants its not. Just like the UVA vs Chapel Hill is a border war but VPI vs NC State isn't. The land grants are like brothers from another mother. Only flagships can have border wars.

I don't make the rules. :confused:. I may lay out some more rules in the middle of August.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Do you know if UConn wanted HH or was KK their 1st choice for PG from that class?
I do know that Notre Dame was recruiting both KK and Hannah.
As for UConn -- I'll defer to Husky recruiting gurus such as @Sluconn Husky -- but I'm pretty sure KK was the prime focus of Geno & staff. (Early morning memory seems to remember a CocoHusky post and/or note to me to such effect.)

Reaction Score
It's a new lifetime track & field sport, for those not strong enough for the hammer throw.
Sign me up. With the shoulders I have, this may be the only throwing sport I can handle right now.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Gooooooood Mooooooorning BoneYarders! Yesterday's games cleared up a few things. Regardless of Baylor/OK St game today, the top 4 seeds in Big12 are set. The Pac12 is also set. The final two BE games will determine the 6-7th seeds. I'm not making any assumptions about the ACC after yesterday's Pac12 craziness, and even the conf website doesn't have the brackets updated yet. Alabama needs a win and TN loss to get to #4. The MWC has games this week, so still time for the seeds to change, except for #1 UNLV. Psst @triaddukefan :D
1709478374952.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This will be very helpful, thanks!
We’ve cast Judith Light and maybe Linda Hunt.
Who would play you and @triaddukefan in the Boneyard:the movie?
Unfortunately a probably great candidate for Triad is posting on the great messenger board in the sky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom