Week 16 preview (Feb. 21-27) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 16 preview (Feb. 21-27)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Aneesah Morrow with a monster game to carry DePaul to a critical win over Creighton.

Plebe

Reaction Score
LSU looked like they were running away with it, up 56-41 with just over 5 minutes remaining, and then went ice cold as Tennessee mounted a 13-0 run to cut the lead to 2. Luckily for them, Key missed the game-tying bucket and they just barely hold on, 57-54.

UConn romps.
ND gets blown out, embarrassed and dragged.
Tennessee loses in excruciating fashion.

The tripod of a very good day :)

So good, it deserves an encore:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Bring back McCallie
I kinda feel ya. As happy as I was to see Wynn gone at UW, this year under Langley they just couldn't score at all made me not all that excited about the change.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After a fairly remarkable season, Florida is suddenly imploding down the stretch. Probably hurt their seeding this last week.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Did Michigan St.'s bubble burst today?

So...Iowa and Ohio St. might be sharing the Big 10 crown. Anybody predict that?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've been tough on Whalen, but Minnesota finished 7-11 in conference, there were certainly several worse teams in the B1G.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is Arkansas really a Tourney team? I just don't see it. The more time goes by, the more I think Neighbors was just lucky to have Plum at UW. His tenure at Arky is looking like a lot of meh thus far.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I've been tough on Whalen, but Minnesota finished 7-11 in conference, there were certainly several worse teams in the B1G.
Not saying a whole lot when those teams are Illinois, Rutgers, Penn State and Wisconsin.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Thoughts on VA Tech vs. NC State? Do the 2 bigs cancel each other out? Does one of them gain the upper hand? Seems like in the first matchup neither had a real strong game IIRC.

edit--ooph, looked at the box score, neither in double figures, 2-16 and 3-13 shooting; brutal

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Razorbacks have lost 4 straight and 6 of 8. Really their only good win this year was over LSU. If they get in, the committee will be revealing a very heavy SEC bias.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Razorbacks have lost 4 straight and 6 of 8. Really their only good win this year was over LSU. If they get in, the committee will be revealing a very heavy SEC bias.
Is Arkansas really a Tourney team? I just don't see it. The more time goes by, the more I think Neighbors was just lucky to have Plum at UW. His tenure at Arky is looking like a lot of meh thus far.
(Kudos for the gratuitous Plum reference!)

Have you seen the resumes of the bubble teams? Meh would be putting it mildly. Tell us which 36 at-large teams are clearly better. I am no fan of the SEC but Arkansas is not even among the last 4 in.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
(Kudos for the gratuitous Plum reference!)

Have you seen the resumes of the bubble teams? Meh would be putting it mildly. Tell us which 36 at-large teams are clearly better. I am no fan of the SEC but Arkansas is not even among the last 4 in.
That's pretty sad. I looked at their schedule, there's nothing there other than the W over LSU. Nothing in OOC. Nothing else in conference. If that puts them solidly in...wow. Good thing the field is expanding to 68, so 4 more undeserving teams can get in this year.

edit--it's been at least a week since my last Plum reference; anyway it's totally germane to a discussion about Neighbors' coaching history

edit part deux...good thing nobody ever brings up Taurasi, Bird, Maya, etc. on this board right? :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
That's pretty sad. I looked at their schedule, there's nothing there other than the W over LSU. Nothing in OOC. Nothing else in conference. If that puts them solidly in...wow. Good thing the field is expanding to 68, so 4 more undeserving teams can get in this year.

edit--it's been at least a week since my last Plum reference; anyway it's totally germane to a discussion about Neighbors' coaching history
Since you're trying to make it all about conference bias, what did the bubble teams in the Pac-12 do? Colorado and Utah are viewed as even more safely in than Arkansas, but who is the best team they beat? What did they do in the OOC?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Since you're trying to make it all about conference bias, what did the bubble teams in the Pac-12 do? Colorado and Utah are viewed as even more safely in than Arkansas, but who is the best team they beat? What did they do in the OOC?
I haven't been hyping Pac 12 bubble teams. Not much to either of their resumes.

The difference is both were at least .500 or better in conference. If Arkansas loses to Miss. St today they would drop to 6-10.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I haven't been hyping Pac 12 bubble teams. Not much to either of their resumes.

The difference is both were at least .500 or better in conference. If Arkansas loses to Miss. St today they would drop to 6-10.
Okay then, why not write a post to say that if Colorado and Utah get in, it will be clear proof of Pac-12 bias on the committee?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay then, why not write a post to say that if Colorado and Utah get in, it will be clear proof of Pac-12 bias on the committee?
Does how you do in conference count for ANYTHING?

There is a LONG history of the SEC getting more teams in the Tourney than the Pac 12. ACC as well. You're gonna have to talk to somebody else about a Pac 12 bias, I won't be buying that ever.

Plebe

Reaction Score

There is a LONG history of the SEC getting more teams in the Tourney than the Pac 12. ACC as well. You're gonna have to talk to somebody else about a Pac 12 bias, I won't be buying that ever.
Cal got in one year with a 6-12 record in the Pac-12 — and that was when the field was only 64. Somehow I don't recall you complaining at that time about how conference records don't count enough.

Reaction Score

they just haters bro, not many know how hard the pac 12 travel road schedule is. Last night the men arz looked unbeatable and then what happened? Had to go to Colorado in altitude after just playing at Utah in altitude and they lost by 15+ Can't even describe just breathing in that high altitude, let alone playing back 2 back games in 3 days.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal got in one year with a 6-12 record in the Pac-12 — and that was when the field was only 64. Somehow I don't recall you complaining at that time about how conference records don't count enough.
I definitely thought they shouldn't have been in. I think they actually won their first round game though to save a little face.

Look at my sig, I admit I'm a homer. I'm not gonna complain about more Pac 12 teams getting post season berths. If it works in their favor once in a while, it hardly balances out the norm. This goes way beyond wbb, but when pretty much the entire conference gets bids in both baseball and softball for the SEC, you know something is not right with the selection process. There absolutely is a bias, and it's quite evident in most sports.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I definitely thought they shouldn't have been in. I think they actually won their first round game though to save a little face.

Look at my sig, I admit I'm a homer. I'm not gonna complain about more Pac 12 teams getting post season berths. If it works in their favor once in a while, it hardly balances out the norm. This goes way beyond wbb, but when pretty much the entire conference gets bids in both baseball and softball for the SEC, you know something is not right with the selection process. There absolutely is a bias, and it's quite evident in most sports.
Well, your complaining muscles won't get a rest anytime soon. Imagine how many berths they'll be getting once Texas and Oklahoma join.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, your complaining muscles won't get a rest anytime soon. Imagine how many berths they'll be getting once Texas and Oklahoma join.
Yeah, the SEC is probably gonna start racking up softball Natties w/ the Sooners coming on board. They'll probably do like the B1G in volleyball and claim the Titles from before the school joined their conference.

Reaction Score
I'm a little concerned with Duke. I thought they did good in the transfer portal this off season but it seems like there season turned when CT got injured. Kara Lawson is someone who I'm pulling for but not making the tournament is a disappointment. Also I think NC is going to be even better next season with Paulina Paris.

Reaction Score
congrats to the best team all season in the ACC! Nc st has an awesome team and maybe we are sleeping on them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom