Week 16 AP Top 25 UConn moves up to 7th | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 16 AP Top 25 UConn moves up to 7th

Reaction Score
There is a very good chance that both Baylor and Michigan do not end up winning their respective tournaments. Both have had some struggles lately and there are at least 3 teams in each Conference that can beat them.
Massey has Michigan 11th and Baylor 6th , just behind UConn.

Reaction Score
Now we just need to see Baylor and Michigan lose a few games! When all is said and done I do expect us to be a 2 seed - assuming we win out and win the BET.

View attachment 73579
As it stands now, we pretty much control our own outcome as far as being a 2 seed--we don't need Michigan or Baylor to lose...

Reaction Score
As it stands now, we pretty much control our own outcome as far as being a 2 seed--we don't need Michigan or Baylor to lose...
If the committee did rankings right now, seems unlikely to me UConn would be higher than 9th.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Mulkey's change to LSU was all about the money or is she thinks she might have an inside line for Mikaylah Williams as a local girl. It could be quite a move if she pulls that off.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wonder if Mulkey's change to LSU was all about the money or is she thinks she might have an inside line for Mikaylah Williams as a local girl. It could be quite a move if she pulls that off.

Williams is supposed to be very, very good, but moving to LSU may hurt Kim with the substantial pool of Texas players. Is it worth it?

Reaction Score
She didn’t get along with the AD at Baylor. LSU then comes in and offers everything Baylor was offering her (salary wise) and the resources needed to compete. Plus she grew up not far from LSU and gets to end her career in the state where her basketball playing and coaching career all started. I would say that’s a pretty special way to end your career. Even more so in a state where her family and childhood friends are.

Moving to another program just to potentially land a single recruit is nonsense. Baylor and Kim were actually one of the first programs on Williams prior to her basketball career taking off. At the time she was balancing softball and basketball. So there was no need for her to make a move for that reason. Baylor was among Williams top schools prior to the change

Last edited:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
UConn "Still" needs to be in a "Tougher" conference!! :rolleyes:

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I have to wonder if UConn will help the Big East grow into one of the top conferences in WCBB. The Big East at one point was the best BB conference in the country and UConn had alot to do with that.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I have to wonder if UConn will help the Big East grow into one of the top conferences in WCBB. The Big East at one point was the best BB conference in the country and UConn had alot to do with that.
I'd hope so, but the teams that made it the best WBB conference (sans UConn) are no longer around.

There are three top 100 kids coming into the conference next year in addition to Ice and Ayanna, which will obviously help things over time. Last year, there were two top 100 kids outside of UConn who committed to a BE school, (interestingly enough, neither is Aneesah Morrow). Xavier's Kaybriana Hallman, a top 50 recruit who hasn't played yet this year, and Kendra Gillispie, who ended up ditching Marquette for Baylor to follow an assistant coach. Her stats from Baylor haven't been notable.

If we could get to the point where the conference is adding 8-10 top 100 recruits and landing a few good transfers, I the gap will continue to narrow.

Reaction Score
Tony, please don't lose faith on us now. ;) I was doing a little research earlier and frankly the BE without UConn managed ok with bids to the NCAA. One can say they did better than the AAC..as far as bids are concerned. IMO, once we move forward from this Covid thing and teams/conferences get back to routine of just worrying about playing games, I see the future and the future is bright for the BE. :rolleyes:

2021: 2
2020: cancelled
2019: 2
2018: 4
2017: 3
2016: 3
2015: 2
2014: 2
2013: 8 (the last year of the old BE, when they got 8 teams in tourney, the most of any conferences...to your point)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom