Week 13 AP Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 13 AP Poll

Reaction Score
16 on the r/CBB user poll (but a large gap to no. 15 PC).

It’s been surprisingly indicative of our AP position in previous weeks, but even I’m not that optimistic. I’ll say 17.

Reaction Score
Don't think anyone can complain with that. Let's take care of business in two big games this week and be 12/13 next monday.

Reaction Score
If we go 2-0 this week are sitting in the top 10 next Monday. Huge week for us. Need to finally start winning these big games for us to get back on top
Without looking at anyone's schedule, I don't think we'll leapfrog 7 spots unless more than 7 teams ahead of us lose. Assuming we win both games this week, I find it more likely that we end up 14 or worse than 10 or better.

By the way, this is why I dislike irrational optimism. This season is going quite well, and I'd love to think of 2 potential wins this week only in terms of how awesome it will be. Instead, you've triggered my OCD and got me into wet blanket mode. This hurts me more than it hurts you!

Reaction Score
agree...Tex Tech has 5 losses and lost to Providence. Yet Prov is ranked behind them. That drives me nuts about these polls.
Texas Tech is higher in Kenpom, Sargin, Torvick, ect., they have better wins (Baylor and KU) and PC beat them by 4 at home two months ago. The pollsters got this one right.

Reaction Score
Texas Tech is higher in Kenpom, Sargin, Torvick, ect., they have better wins (Baylor and KU) and PC beat them by 4 at home two months ago. The pollsters got this one right.
Thx..always defer to folks with more insight

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
why is Providence not higher?
voters just not believe that they are as good as their record?
i hate them but can still admit 18-2 deserves more respect
18-2 and ranked 15 is midmajor level respect from the voters. That’s a ranking Richmond gets with that record, not a Big East team.

I wouldn’t have them in the top 5, but they should be in the top 10. Certainly closer than 15.

Any other power conference team (including UConn and Nova) would easily be sitting top 10 with an 18-2 record.

And before anyone tries to tell me otherwise, yes, rankings matter a lot.

Rankings change perception. Perception puts eyeballs on the TV. TV contracts funds our athletic program.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
2-loss Providence has 5 wins over current top 25 teams. Including 2 they are ranked behind (Texas Tech and Wisconsin)

Yet 2-loss Houston and Arizona are both sitting top 10 without a single win vs a team that is currently ranked.

That’s pretty absurd.

Reaction Score
A voter admitted he removed them from the rankings by accident and no one from AP called to ask if they made a mistake, which they can and have done in the past.
Two AP voters didn't rank PC at all. Who was the one who admitted they made a mistake? The other one is definitely disrespecting PC.

Btw, one voter who didn't rank PC at all, Jesse Newell, has Auburn 7th. No other voter has them lower than 2nd. He also has Baylor #2 this week. He had them #4 last week. They lost to an unranked Alabama over the weekend. I guess he lives under a rock and why I don't get too worked up over these rankings. Some of the voters are stupid or don't pay attention. Or both.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I remember someone saying that some voters utilize KenPom to varying extents. PC is 46 in KenPom, so maybe that has something to do with their seemingly low ranking.

Reaction Score
I remember someone saying that some voters utilize KenPom to varying extents. PC is 46 in KenPom, so maybe that has something to do with their seemingly low ranking.
The difference in their analytics and their record is why they have the #1 "Luck" score in KenPom.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom