Week 1 games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 1 games

Reaction Score
NIU had a virtual game-clinching pick that was overturned, now BCU has tied it.

Because of course.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Part of my husbandly duties is to fill in as seatmate when my wife's usual gf can't make the game. So here I am watching Pitt struggle vs Wofford. From what I've seen so far (including last year's BC game), Fagnano is better than Jurkovic.

Reaction Score
UConn would be lucky to have him as our QB...with him I bet we would have beaten NC State.

He's a terrible passer. His brother throws a much better ball. He's a wildcat QB, nothing more. That said, sometimes a good wildcat QB can win games. Let's see if he can survive the season taking so many hits.

Reaction Score
Watching th Auburn & Mass game and Auburn just picked off Phommachanh and the defensive back pulled a rosa and it wasn't called. If its good for one it has to be good for another..Not so, Auburn is a big SEC school for the privilege of taking a somersault into the end zone. Be consistent you stupid officials!!!

Reaction Score
Joe tessitore and Jesse Palmer has gotta be one of the worst combos ever.

Reaction Score
UConn would be lucky to have him as our QB...with him I bet we would have beaten NC State.
knock it off!!! Tyler is a better arm and he's running with the Post University Eagle of DIV 2!!! We have 2-3 elite runningbacks we do not need Taisun. He's currently useless in this game because he can't run with a calf injury. doesn't work in the pocket

Reaction Score
Two turnovers for Phommachanh so far, one for a TD, and should have been 3 with the other going for 6. For as much as I wasn't happy with Joey F, at least he protected the ball, which at least kept us in the game.

Reaction Score
Watching th Auburn & Mass game and Auburn just picked off Phommachanh and the defensive back pulled a rosa and it wasn't called. If its good for one it has to be good for another..Not so, Auburn is a big SEC school for the privilege of taking a somersault into the end zone. Be consistent you stupid officials!!!
Yup…

Reaction Score
Yup…

did they flag the flip? Missed comment above but exactly! Everything in football comes down to privilege vs. unprivileged... its why a Boise can be burried but a crappy team like Colorado can rise and have everything go their way past few months. Football is a good ole boys club. Bball is very different ... a Gonzaga can rise... football is a corrupt joke.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Apparently, we can't respond and defend Rosa on the thread dedicated to shaming him ... Our best over all offensive player mind you... @freescooter ... respect you as a poster, but you did say the following:

"Uh no. It is always called. That’s why good players don’t do it. I’ve seen it called in high school. I’ve seen it called in college. Never seen it done in the NFL."

Can we put this to rest now that you've seen it not called in college football after a good Auburn player did it? Do you question the call now?

Reaction Score
Apparently, we can't respond and defend Rosa on the thread dedicated to shaming him ... Our best over all offensive player mind you... @freescooter ... respect you as a poster, but you did say the following:

"Uh no. It is always called. That’s why good players don’t do it. I’ve seen it called in high school. I’ve seen it called in college. Never seen it done in the NFL."

Can we put this to rest now that you've seen it not called in college football after a good Auburn player did it? Do you question the call now?
Whether it's called or not every time makes zero difference. Everyone knows it is against the rules, it does not help the team in any way, and it can have severe consequences like we saw. Just don't do it, plain and simple.

Reaction Score
Whether it's called or not every time makes zero difference. Everyone knows it is against the rules, it does not help the team in any way, and it can have severe consequences like we saw. Just don't do it, plain and simple.
Yea and it is also 100% illegal to hunt whales in Kansas. In Bloomfield, Conn: It's against the law to eat in your car... rules are the rules. JK.

But seriously, I get what you are saying.. they need to be able to control the game and follow the rules as set. But calls should be bi-directional, not privileged... do you agree?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom